Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can Brunell last the whole year?

l!ghtbringr

I'm not sure if this makes me a realist, or a pessimist or anything else along those lines but I don't think the 'skins are headed to the SuperBowl this year even though I think we'll get pretty darn close. Simply because I don't think Brunell can last the whole season playing at his form for the Seattle game this (last) year which was arguably his best (or one of his only good) games. Having seen him broken down all year in 2004 and then break down in 2005 I'm expecting more or less the same thing to happen in '06. And while Campbell may be the "future" I don't think he'll be ready to step in and win the Lombardi. So no matter how good the team looks (aside from the LB position) I can't be as "100%" certain that this is our year as some other people.

But maybe that's just me.

I think he can get us enough wins to clench the playoffs then rest up until then.

Anything that makes you think he will sit or that the NFC east or the NFC overall will allow the Skins to risk homefield advantage by having him rest?

The answer is no. He hasn't yet and he hasn't since when--2002? In jacksonville?

No reason to expect something incredibly different now.

I seriously doubt he can be productive for an entire season at this point in his career. That's why I'm expecting a season somewhat like last season in which he wears down and becomes terrible towards the end. Just can't see this team in the Super Bowl with Brunell at the helm unless the offensive line resembles the 91 line.

I'm not sure if this makes me a realist, or a pessimist or anything else along those lines but I don't think the 'skins are headed to the SuperBowl this year even though I think we'll get pretty darn close. Simply because I don't think Brunell can last the whole season playing at his form for the Seattle game this (last) year which was arguably his best (or one of his only good) games. Having seen him broken down all year in 2004 and then break down in 2005 I'm expecting more or less the same thing to happen in '06. And while Campbell may be the "future" I don't think he'll be ready to step in and win the Lombardi. So no matter how good the team looks (aside from the LB position) I can't be as "100%" certain that this is our year as some other people.

But maybe that's just me.

Hey dont sweat it! We are going to take the 6th round pick we got for Ramsey and find the "next" Tom Brady

yes brunell is nearing the end, but i think he still has it.unlike you, i saw his best games being in the middle of the season.it takes time for a team and qb to mesh. but when they did, they did. as you all know most of our losses last year were BS. can we buy a flag? hard to win with the kind of officiating i saw in the league last year.

yes brunell is nearing the end, but i think he still has it.unlike you, i saw his best games being in the middle of the season.it takes time for a team and qb to mesh. but when they did, they did. as you all know most of our losses last year were BS. can we buy a flag? hard to win with the kind of officiating i saw in the league last year.
Very true about the officiating. The Denver game still ticks me off. I think the league has or had an agenda to show ol' Joe Gibbs he couldnt just come in and win in the "modern" league. The officiating was pathetic in 2004 as well. Remember the Green Bay victory the refs took? Its not just the skins though because Indy was sure suppose to beat Pitt and once that didnt happen there was no way in hell Seattle was going to win. It is starting to remind me of the NBA

Brunell has as good a chance as any other QB in the league to finish healthy. I also think he is one of the better QB's in the league. He played at a pro bowl level up until he got hurt in the second half of the Giants game. He is also a lot tougher than most of you that bash him give him credit for. The hit he took in the Giants game would have knocked anyone out of the game, and probably would have ended the season for most guys. While I will conceed he is not the same QB when he is seriously hurt, I believe he is a very good QB when healthy and a good QB when dinged.

When we are in Miami next year winning Joe Gibbs 4th SB, I want to see some posts from some of you Brunell doubters admitting you were wrong. For all of us that believe in Mark rejoice in the knowledge that our faith never waivered.

'06-'07 PRO BOWL

OFFENSE

QB Mark Brunell

RB Clinton Portis

TE Chris Cooley

WR Santana Moss

LT Chris Samuels

RG Randy Thomas

RT Jon Jansen

DEFENSE

DT Cornelius Griffin

LB Marcus Washington

CB Shawn Springs

S Sean Taylor

Special Teams

PR Antwaan Randle El

people always mention his leg/foot speed as on the decline (which is evident) but not too many poeple are mentioning his arm- it seemed to me that as the season went on he lost some of the whip on the ball- the 70 yard cannon to moss in game 2 was no where to be found later in the season- just seemed to me that I saw less and less of the gun as the season got into the later stages.

It depends on whether or not he can keep his legs from getting hit. It was not Brunell's arm, per se, that went south at the end of last year, but his legs, after he was injured. His arm strength was never that great, even when he was young so he needs his legs to help him make the deep out throws. That was his problem two years ago and his problem late in the season last year.

I have my doubts that he will be able to make it though the whole season, but that is why you play the game. If the O line can stay healthy, they can keep him upright and that will go a long way to letting him complete the season.

The answer to your question is I don't know. Know one can be for sure. This is the NFL. Did anyone think Carson Palmer wouldn't make it through the entire season last year?

To be honest, Brunell didn't make it through last season. He was not himself in the playoffs, as the offensive numbers dictate. Had we had a quarterback that could of run the offense last season, maybe the outcome would have been different.

While I give him credit for having the guts and determination to get back in there and finish the games, he was not himself, and that hurt the team. His age and injuries caught up to him, and it showed. Only time will tell if he comes into this season healthy, and can remain that way.

The answer to your question is I don't know. Know one can be for sure. This is the NFL. Did anyone think Carson Palmer wouldn't make it through the entire season last year?

To be honest, Brunell didn't make it through last season. He was not himself in the playoffs, as the offensive numbers dictate. Had we had a quarterback that could of run the offense last season, maybe the outcome would have been different.

While I give him credit for having the guts and determination to get back in there and finish the games, he was not himself, and that hurt the team. His age and injuries caught up to him, and it showed. Only time will tell if he comes into this season healthy, and can remain that way.

I agree. I think a lot of things contribute to QB's becoming injured. Im amazed that Bledsoe didnt sustain a serious injury in the skins vs boys game at home the amount of times we took him down. I think Mark still is quite mobile and he understands how to get rid of the ball, and when to run out of bounds to minimise injurys.

Mark Brunell is not going to perform well throughout the whole season. He doesnt have age on his side and it showed at the end of the season, when he was throwing the ball away more and looked sluggish on the move. :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Okay, first off, why don't you Brunell haters just start your own message board? Every week there is a different thread on here bashing brunell. I just did a search of the threads, and got tired of counting threads intended to bash brunell when I got to the second page of the threads. Brunell may or may not start. not one of us knows how well JC developed since the end of the season. Maybe he will come in to training camp and show up Brunell, maybe Brunell will come in and show his old form. Are any of you at Redskins Park with them every day? Any of you paid to evaluate the players? Let the coaches who get paid the big bucks to make the right decision make the decision they feel is best for the team. Brunell took us to the playoffs for the first time since 1999 and now you are all ready to cast him off.

Okay, first off, why don't you Brunell haters just start your own message board? Every week there is a different thread on here bashing brunell. I just did a search of the threads, and got tired of counting threads intended to bash brunell when I got to the second page of the threads. Brunell may or may not start. not one of us knows how well JC developed since the end of the season. Maybe he will come in to training camp and show up Brunell, maybe Brunell will come in and show his old form. Are any of you at Redskins Park with them every day? Any of you paid to evaluate the players? Let the coaches who get paid the big bucks to make the right decision make the decision they feel is best for the team. Brunell took us to the playoffs for the first time since 1999 and now you are all ready to cast him off.

Calm down. First off all, this is hardly a Brunell bashing thread. And anyway, even if it was, how about STAYING OUT OF IT? Everyones entitled to there opinions, but if your not happy with some other peoples, just leave it. Because otherwise you will get a reputation as a moaner.

Although, fair play to you, because Brunell played fantabulously well last year!:cheers:

Calm down. First off all, this is hardly a Brunell bashing thread. And anyway, even if it was, how about STAYING OUT OF IT? Everyones entitled to there opinions, but if your not happy with some other peoples, just leave it. Because otherwise you will get a reputation as a moaner.

Although, fair play to you, because Brunell played fantabulously well last year!:cheers:

My only point is why do you need 20+ threads to bash brunell? 1 thread is more then enough. Especially since each thread, people make the same comment. Also, the ES mods put out a thread that people who start repeat threads would be put on "read only privelages". And yes, this did become a bashing thread, read the posts. I am not saying I am brunells biggest fan, and no I don't think he should be guranteed the starting spot. I feel that he should have to earn it again in training camp because, no matter which of the 3 QBs it is, I want the best QB we have to be the starter. And who ever it is I am going to cheer them on and hope they take us to the playoffs.

people always mention his leg/foot speed as on the decline (which is evident) but not too many poeple are mentioning his arm- it seemed to me that as the season went on he lost some of the whip on the ball- the 70 yard cannon to moss in game 2 was no where to be found later in the season- just seemed to me that I saw less and less of the gun as the season got into the later stages.

I agree Brunell did wear down some at the end of the season BUT the 70 yard cannon to moss in game 2 was no where to be found is not a fair statement because in order to throw those 70 yard completions you have to have someone open and with santana moss being triple teamed and no other recievers stepping up to contribute it was not going to happen.

My only point is why do you need 20+ threads to bash brunell? 1 thread is more then enough. Especially since each thread, people make the same comment. Also, the ES mods put out a thread that people who start repeat threads would be put on "read only privelages". And yes, this did become a bashing thread, read the posts. I am not saying I am brunells biggest fan, and no I don't think he should be guranteed the starting spot. I feel that he should have to earn it again in training camp because, no matter which of the 3 QBs it is, I want the best QB we have to be the starter. And who ever it is I am going to cheer them on and hope they take us to the playoffs.

Well, the thread asked a question, it didnt start off as a brunell bashing thread, it was just infested by bashers. So what do you want the mods to do? Give these guys who ANSWERED THE QUESTION read only priveliges? They havent done anything wrong you know. God forbid a thread about Brunell should have people talking about Brunell in it! Negatively or Positively.

very true. no matter what he, or Gibbs say now, I think this will be his last year no matter what. I really think he is going to give it his all for that reason along with many others. He wants to win the SB before he retires, and he knows this year is the best chance he has to do that.

Archived