Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we get Keith Adams, who do we draft

Bhutanibeast

I think we'll exclude a few positions like running back and wide receiver and go BPA.... if we sign Adams. With Adams... the Redskins have on their roster:

Chris Clemons

Jashon Sykes

Nick McNeil

Khary Campbell

Robert McCune

Plus obvious starters... Washington & Marshall.

Surely Williams can find a starter out of the above bunch and mold a cohesive group of reserves. I do think, however, that if a corner slips and is the BPA that the Redskins will not hesitate a second to draft someone.

Here's the deal though. If GW and co. thought that we had adaquete enough LB's they wouldn't have brought in Adams. The LB's you have listed, I think will either play on ST's or will be backup.

Personally, I'd like to see us grab Adams. He would more than foot the bill as our starting WLB. Everyone is saying that we need depth and I agree to a point. I think a big run stuffing DT makes alot of sense. Remember when Griffin got hurt last year. It hurt our DL alot. Getting a guy like Wright or Wroten makes more sense to me. If we could grab Watson, that would be a dream. He is a younger version of Sam Adams IMO and they don't come along to often.

i think a possible trade up is in the works?

I don't see us trading up into the 1st round, but I do see us acquiring a second day draft choice in the 3rd round. If there is a player that falls to the 3rd round, such as a CB or DT, I could see us trading our 2nd round pick next year to get the 3rd rounder this year. The thing I am thinking about is our window of opportunity is short with Gibbs as head coach. With what happened last year and us trading with the Broncos though, you never know what is up with Snyder and Gibbs.

I heartily disagree that Adams would fit the bill as our starting WLB. He is very undersized, he is not experienced in GW's system, and he did not have a particulaly good year starting for filthy.

Our starting WLB is probably already on he team.

Others on this board and that have responded to this thread disagree. Why have we been interested in signing him for the last couple of weeks then? It isn't because he is a special team ace and I can guarantee you if we do sign him it will be for more than one year.

It is because he is a ST ace. He is outstanding at ST. He is sub-par as a WLB. look at his stats for filthy.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235011

He started all 16 games yet only managed 69 tackles an 0 sacks.

The simple fact is this guy is significantly smaller than each of our starting safeties. He doesn't hold up against the run, and he isn't particularly good in coverage. His only strength is his stellar ST play.

Mark my words Adams will not be our opening day starter next year.

Who cares if it's another defensive back if the player is there and good and it's something the team needs or deems a good acquisition for thier team?

Oh, even though we need a corner, because we took a corner and a safety the last two drafts lets get WR instead to shake things up. :rolleyes:

It is because he is a ST ace. He is outstanding at ST. He is sub-par as a WLB. look at his stats for filthy.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235011

He started all 16 games yet only managed 69 tackles an 0 sacks.

The simple fact is this guy is significantly smaller than each of our starting safeties. He doesn't hold up against the run, and he isn't particularly good in coverage. His only strength is his stellar ST play.

Mark my words Adams will not be our opening day starter next year.

We could agree to disagree till the cows come home, but hey grab a cold one and continue posting and let the chips fall where they may. It's all up to Snyder, Gibbs and the coaching staff, right. :applause:

Who cares if it's another defensive back if the player is there and good and it's something the team needs or deems a good acquisition for thier team?

Oh, even though we need a corner, because we took a corner and a safety the last two drafts lets get WR instead to shake things up. :rolleyes:

what cb did we draft the last two years. i know carlos rodgers last year, who was the year before?

Aren't you guys tired of seeing less than adequate backups playing on our OL?

Two years ago, we lost Jansen and we didn't really have a good backup to replace him.

This past year, you saw what happened when Randy Thomas and then his replacement, Ray Brown went down didn't you?

We need some young, quality backups along the OL, especially at OT. When either Samuels or Jansen goes down, we're in trouble.

Just food for thought. Like someone mentioned earlier, we signed Andre Carter to play defensive end, and we resigned, Cedric Killings and Evans.

The signing of Carter gives us more depth at both the DE and DT positions because if free's up Wynn to backup at both positons.

It's been shown that if and when we lose either a CB or LB, Williams has the backups to replace them or the defensive schemes to implement to make up for their loss.

Think OL. OL, OL, OL.

let me analyze for you

we have a ton of solid depth at DE in andre carter,philip daniels,renaldo wynn, and demetric evans. For DT we have Cornelius Griffin and Joe Salavea' with no names behind them meaning if one of them got hurt it would be REALLY bad. (remember Ladanian Tomlinson galloping on all those big runs cause the interior of our D-line was injured?)

spending a 2nd round pick on a postion of non-need like tackle would be assanine. The what if samuels gets cut reason is absolutley bogus. what if jason campbell is a bust so should we take brodie croyle?

Pope would be worth taking,but Cooley is better than Byrd ever will be in the NFL. Cooley and Byrd are very similiar athletically.

however taking a TE would be a luxury we don't have with alot of shallow depth at DT,LB,and S

Um....no.

I hope you realize that rookies don't just come in and fill needs right away.

It takes time. Whatever Gibbs and Co. decide to pick, it will be the right choice. If its a tackle, so be it. And i like how you skipped over the part where i said that you can elimate QB and RB by mentioning QB Bradie Croyle :doh: And Byrd is a TE, Cooley plays H-back. Byrd would be competing w/ Fauria, not Cooley.

Well, I hate to break your bubble. But DB. You can't get enough of them. Especially in GW's schemes. Hell, even the Bears are trying to spread the field a little more. With the 5 yard rule you need to be able to cover long enough for your front 4 to get to the QB.

Anybody who is a true blue Redskins fan, knows that GW uses mutliple DBs at various points of the game, but look at the names of those multiple DB's and look at where and when they came to from.

I honestly will be shocked if we use the 2nd pick on a CB. LB I can see, but not a DB.

I still say we're drafting an OL but I won't cry if we take a LB, but I will if we take a CB.

Thomas or Havner will be fine with me.

I'm sticking with my previous prognostications on this subject......

with or without Adams signed, I think we'll be drafting CB in the 2nd.

We need another corner and the top CB's fly off the board.

Young CB's generally don't come into the league ready to start,

so having the luxury of a year or two to gain experince helps.

But unless the CB you're drafting has the skills required to play at a starting level,

you're just wasting time.

Most of the CB's with that skill set will be gone by the end of round 2.

I think we have a solution for WLB (CC), but even a rotation could work.

And don't forget there's undoubtedly gonna be a June 1st cut that could be

serviceable.

As far as O-Line depth, Buges likes to have these guys develop a few years

before he really counts on them. 3rd round or later could work for that.

I was thinking about the redskins possibly signing Keith Adams by next week. What will we do with our top draft pick since we would have filled our need at LB and because we signed Kenny Wright recently. I hope we dont draft another CB because that would be a Defensive Back three years in row. What do you guys think the skins will do?

best player available at one of several positions.. lb, o line, def line, safety/corner

the only positions we won't dtaft would be rb, qb,wr,k,p....

Archived