Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we get Keith Adams, who do we draft

Bhutanibeast

I was thinking about the redskins possibly signing Keith Adams by next week. What will we do with our top draft pick since we would have filled our need at LB and because we signed Kenny Wright recently. I hope we dont draft another CB because that would be a Defensive Back three years in row. What do you guys think the skins will do?

I was thinking about the redskins possibly signing Keith Adams by next week. What will we do with our top draft pick since we would have filled our need at LB and because we signed Kenny Smith recently. I hope we dont draft another CB because that would be a Defensive Back three years in row. What do you guys think the skins will do?

Kenny "Wright":doh:

The Best Player Available.

Even if we sign Adams, If a guy like Demaco Ryans (SEC Defensive player of the year) falls to us, we have to take him in a heartbeat.

People, myself included, think that we need to draft to fill needs for the upcoming season. However, people fail to realize that most rookies not drafted in the top ten fail to make signifigant contributions untill their 3rd year. We could draft a corner right now, even though we already have three solid ones, and that would be a good move. Who knows how long Shawn Springs has left in him....

The only positions the skins can elimate are runningback and quarterback.

We have all done it. I really think we will take a CB with the 53rd pick because both Wright and Jimoh are on 1 year deals and Springs is getting older. GW will want to bring in a guy who will be a better cover corner than Wright, who is more of a nickelback. jimoh is good depth, but I don't think he will ever be anything more and the staff recognizes that. See other threads to check out the two DB's mel kiper has suggested for us. both are phenomenal athletes from small schools.

best player available from DT,CB,LB

What about defensive end, offensive tackle, and tight end?

Let me analyze for you....

At defensive end, we have Andre Carter at one end and two old guys at the other. I'd say they have no more then 2 good years left in them. A rookie drafted in this round would benefit us in 3 years immensely.

Offensive tackle....

We could use some depth. If some bonafied Tackle falls to us, we need to grab him. Also, who knows what could happen w/ our cap situation. We could see Samuels as a cap causualty down the road.

TE

If Leonard Pope or Byrd falls to us, we should seriously consider drafting either one.

There's no need to reach at DT and come up short instead of getting a player that will actually contribute, even if we are currently stacked at that position.

At defensive end, we have Andre Carter at one end and two old guys at the other. I'd say they have no more then 2 good years left in them. A rookie drafted in this round would benefit us in 3 years immensely.

Offensive tackle....

We could use some depth. If some bonafied Tackle falls to us, we need to grab him. Also, who knows what could happen w/ our cap situation. We could see Samuels as a cap causualty down the road.

TE

If Leonard Pope or Byrd falls to us, we should seriously consider drafting either one.

There's no need to reach at DT and come up short instead of getting a player that will actually contribute, even if we are currently stacked at that position.

To add to your thoughts on DE, if you look at cap implications for next offseason, you see that releasing Wynn will save us $2.5 mil, and releasing Daniels will save $1.9 mil. With our cap-savvy FO we could easily parlay that into an elite FA DE, while having room to restructure one of the before mentioned skins. Because of #'s and personnel, my prediction is that we release Wynn, restructure Daniels and sign TBD(I want to do research first).

To add to your thoughts on DE, if you look at cap implications for next offseason, you see that releasing Wynn will save us $2.5 mil, and releasing Daniels will save $1.9 mil. With our cap-savvy FO we could easily parlay that into an elite FA DE, while having room to restructure one of the before mentioned skins. Because of #'s and personnel, my prediction is that we release Wynn, restructure Daniels and sign TBD(I want to do research first).

exactly.

ALL the more reason to maybe draft a defensive end.

It could major dividens 2 or 3 years down the road. We might not need to sign another Free Agent DE.

best player available from DT,CB,LB

Keith Adams sucks

Keith Adams doesn't suck! He would not be the starting LB answer for us, but he would be an asset to the team because he is damn good special team player.

But if we do sign him, you are right. We would draft the BAP regardless of position. It could even be an offensive lineman.

Offensive tackle....

TE

let me analyze for you

we have a ton of solid depth at DE in andre carter,philip daniels,renaldo wynn, and demetric evans. For DT we have Cornelius Griffin and Joe Salavea' with no names behind them meaning if one of them got hurt it would be REALLY bad. (remember Ladanian Tomlinson galloping on all those big runs cause the interior of our D-line was injured?)

spending a 2nd round pick on a postion of non-need like tackle would be assanine. The what if samuels gets cut reason is absolutley bogus. what if jason campbell is a bust so should we take brodie croyle?

Pope would be worth taking,but Cooley is better than Byrd ever will be in the NFL. Cooley and Byrd are very similiar athletically.

however taking a TE would be a luxury we don't have with alot of shallow depth at DT,LB,and S

Adams is a 5'11" 220 LB. If we sign him it is to play ST, not become our starting WLB. I do think that we have our WLB covered by either Clemons, Cambell, or McCune.

I would say draft a TE, CB, O-line or D-Line.

I personally favor Cedric Griffin from UT because he is a real physical guy who could be moved to safety if legal issues leave us short at S.

I doubt we'll sign Keith Adams, I heard he's close to signing with Oakland and will sign next week. If we do sign him or any other LB that's a free agent, I can see us getting a CB or Safety. I don't think we'll go offense in the 2nd round.

Dude, where did you here this? Do you have a link?

let me analyze for you

we have a ton of solid depth at DE in andre carter,philip daniels,renaldo wynn, and demetric evans. For DT we have Cornelius Griffin and Joe Salavea' with no names behind them meaning if one of them got hurt it would be REALLY bad. (remember Ladanian Tomlinson galloping on all those big runs cause the interior of our D-line was injured?)

spending a 2nd round pick on a postion of non-need like tackle would be assanine. The what if samuels gets cut reason is absolutley bogus. what if jason campbell is a bust so should we take brodie croyle?

Pope would be worth taking,but Cooley is better than Byrd ever will be in the NFL. Cooley and Byrd are very similiar athletically.

however taking a TE would be a luxury we don't have with alot of shallow depth at DT,LB,and S

Our Depth on the D-Line is not shallow. Last year we essentially had 4 DTs on our line. Wynn is 295 lbs, Daniels is 290 lbs, and of course we had Salavae and Griffin. Each of those guys was known as a run stuffer. The problem we had last year was when Griffin went down and we had to move our 2nd string DE, Demetric Evans (280 lbs) into the DT spot. This year it is different with Carter here. Carter will be getting a lot of reps keeping either Wynn or Daniels fresher. If one of our DTs goes down or needs a spell we will plug in one of our oversized run-stopping DEs and all will be well.

That being said, it seems to be quite diffiuclt to find quality DTs late in the draft and since we do not have any pressing needs selecting a DT in the 2nd may be a good idea.

Our Depth on the D-Line is not shallow. Last year we essentially had 4 DTs on our line. Wynn is 295 lbs, Daniels is 290 lbs, and of course we had Salavae and Griffin. Each of those guys was known as a run stuffer. The problem we had last year was when Griffin went down and we had to move our 2nd string DE, Demetric Evans (280 lbs) into the DT spot. This year it is different with Carter here. Carter will be getting a lot of reps keeping either Wynn or Daniels fresher. If one of our DTs goes down or needs a spell we will plug in one of our oversized run-stopping DEs and all will be well.

That being said, it seems to be quite diffiuclt to find quality DTs late in the draft and since we do not have any pressing needs selecting a DT in the 2nd may be a good idea.

I win

not to mention we can snag a quality guy in the 2nd like Gabe Watson,Claude Wroten,Jonathan Lewis, or Roderique Wright.

I win

not to mention we can snag a quality guy in the 2nd like Gabe Watson,Claude Wroten,Jonathan Lewis, or Roderique Wright.

If the Skins don't go for a TE with their 2nd round pick, I am all for a DT. This only if we sign Keith Adams. The Skins have targeted him for a couple of weeks now. He would fill the bill as the WLB. It would be a dream come true if Watson fell to us, but if not Claude Wroten or Roderique Wright would be nice too. I am not going to argue that a CB would be a nice pickup, but I could easily see us going after one of the two players Kiper spoke about last night(forgot the names) if they are available in the 3rd round if we trade our 2nd in next year's draft.

Dude, where did you here this? Do you have a link?

http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/114353715569140.xml&coll=5#continuehe

Linebacker Keith Adams, who started on the weak side last season and was also one of the Eagles' top special teams players has received strong interest from Oakland and Arizona and could sign a deal with one of the two teams by the end of the week.

With all due respect S&G fan, the date of the article was 3/28. He has since met with us. I truly believe he wants to stay in the local area rather than to go out to the WC, unless they are making an offer he can't refuse.

Oh sorry, didn't see the date of the article. I still don't think we'll sign him though just because there are some many other options than him. There are some really good LB's in the draft this year. Does signing him mean that we won't get a LB in the draft?

I think we'll exclude a few positions like running back and wide receiver and go BPA.... if we sign Adams. With Adams... the Redskins have on their roster:

Chris Clemons

Jashon Sykes

Nick McNeil

Khary Campbell

Robert McCune

Plus obvious starters... Washington & Marshall.

Surely Williams can find a starter out of the above bunch and mold a cohesive group of reserves. I do think, however, that if a corner slips and is the BPA that the Redskins will not hesitate a second to draft someone.

Archived