Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

now I'm jealous, look at Miami's new trinitron

Fifty Gut

http://www.daktronics.com/pdf/sl08563.pdf

come on Snyder, FedEx Field needs to step up to the plate

Those things are cool in direct proportion to how good the camera and producer types are.

Cheerleader cleavage, hotties-in-the-stands, great slo-mo replays of play on the field ... good.

Players watching themselves on the screen DURING plays, random shots of drunk fans with contorted faces fighting to get said faces on screen, and random nose-pickers in the stands ... bad.

I think on an interview w/ Snyder last year he mentioned how the stadium's A/V system was built to an analog design thus prohibiting the team from installing an HD monitor w/ instant playback capability. That's why if you ever notice at the games they don't do too many re-plays. They have to manually rewind footage and press 'play' to show it to the fans. Most digital systems allows you to press a 10 sec rewind button and than it does everything automatically(or something similar).

I think in time Snyder will figure out an efficient way to fix the system w/o completely tearing down the existing system.

The thing I don't understand is why the Redskins and Daktronics (or Sony or whatever company) don't make a quid pro quo arrangement. Free jumbotron in exchange for free advertising at the stadium, on the Redskins website, on Redskins TV, etc... It seems Snyder could have worked some deal.

For those who haven't had the "pleasure" of ever going to a game at Pro Player Stadium, or whatever the hell they currently call that pile 'o crap in Miami, let me just say that putting that screen in that pile 'o crap stadium is like all of these idiots buying $800 Honda Accords and loading them with $23,473.54 of stereo equipment and video screens!!

thats pretty nice, but I've always found those big screens at a stadium distracting.

Yeah me too. Unless you are trying to get a good view of the game from nosebleed seats. I also find other people at the games distracting. And, what is with the band playing music?

Yeah me too. Unless you are trying to get a good view of the game from nosebleed seats. I also find other people at the games distracting. And, what is with the band playing music?

I agree 100%! And what is with all those cheerleaders! Holly crap! If you want to see that go to a strip club. And whats with all those big guys running up and down the field, and the guys on the sidelines looking all important with the headphones. Get over yourselves!

So basically a football game would be perfect without:

1) A view

2) the fans

3) the cheerleaders

4) a band

5) Beer (who needs that crap);)

6) the players

7) the coaches

So far sounds like the perfect gametime experience. What else can we get rid of?:rolleyes:

Archived