Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who/whom

roadkill

I searched and did not see a thread already posted about this but is whom ever used in the English language any more? Are we witnessing the extinction of a word? For instance even though I was taught the differences in school between who/whom I never had points taken off for not using whom in place of who in an essay. I don't even know the difference any more. I don't know why I even care but what do you people think?

When I'm speaking, I usually make the proper efforts to differentiate between "who" and "whom."

Not sure whether it's taught in school much, though. I admit I don't use "shall" when speaking in first-person future-tense, though... ;)

When I'm speaking, I usually make the proper efforts to differentiate between "who" and "whom."

Not sure whether it's taught in school much, though. I admit I don't use "shall" when speaking in first-person future-tense, though... ;)

:geek:

I think we're probably the last generation that's even going to know what first-person future tense is. :(

I searched and did not see a thread already posted about this but is whom ever used in the English language any more? Are we witnessing the extinction of a word? For instance even though I was taught the differences in school between who/whom I never had points taken off for not using whom in place of who in an essay. I don't even know the difference any more. I don't know why I even care but what do you people think?

Would you mind telling us, TO WHOM you are talking to ?

Evidently, portis101 is a grammar nerd, but not a punctuation nerd:

:laugh:

:jk:

ok u got me im not a spelling/ grammar/ or punctuatuon nerd but for some reason i started thinking about whether or not ppl still use whom

Archived