Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest Football Games ever (either heard of, watched, or attended)

cuchip703

I think the best game I've ever seen is William and Mary vs. Delaware in the 2004 Division I-AA playoffs.

WM trailed 31-10 going into the 4th quarter, but CB Steven Cason returned an INT for a TD on the first play. The Tribe then scored two more TDs in the 4th, guided by the clutch QB Lang Campbell.

Both teams scored in the first overtime, and the Tribe scored a TD to lead off the second. All-American K Greg Kuehn missed the XP, though, and the Tribe's lead was only 44-38. The Tribe forced Delaware into a 4th and 10 from their 21 yard line, but, after a penalty, the Blue Hens converted and had a first down and goal to go. The Tribe defense held strong, however, and a desperation 4th down pass sailed over the head of its intended receiver.

What a ridiculous game it was.

2005/6 orange bowl - Penn State vs. Florida State.

2005/6 rose bowl - vince young show

2004 rose bowl - foreshadowing.

2005 Redskins/Cardinals (only because it was my first Skins game ever, the tailgate was amazing)

2005 Skins beat Cowboys on MNF in the toilet bowl. Moss became every skins fan's hero that day.

2004 - monday night game between Vikes and Colts. manning rallies team in 4th qtr to overcome a 28 point deficit.

Super Bowl between Skins and Broncs. Best 2nd qtr ever.

That's all I can think of right now.

Texas vs USC for last years National Championship game.

You'd be hard pressed to find a game that meant more at any level too.

UT vs USC National Championship Game is absolutely the greatest game I have ever seen. I was there with my friend who was a USC fan and so where most of the people near me.

When USC went up by 12 my friend wanted to leave and beat the traffic. USC fans behind me started saying almost in a chant "That was a championship drive cause thats what we do. We win championships".

My exact words were "Vince aint through yet" and the rest is history.

NY Jets 40 - Miami Dolphins 37, MNF, 11/11/2000. Friggin' awesome game, mostly because I hate the Dolphins. :) Dolphins were mashing the Jets 30-7 at the start of the 4th quarter. The Jets scored 33 points in one quarter...nuts. Awesome game to watch, and then rub in the faces of the Dolphins fans I knew! :D

9/19/05 will always hold special significance for all of us...friggin' amazing game. The history is what made that game. Hadn't won in Dallas since 95, and the Cowgirls had made a habit of breaking our hearts in the closing seconds. This was two or three 'right back atya's' all tied into one! :)

Best game I've been to -- if I was a Dolphin fan, I'd have to say the 2003 Sunday Night game against the Skins, but I"m not, so I won't. :) The only other pro game I've been to was the Christmas Eve game against NYG, which was awesome. Redemption squared, baby!! :)

Outside of Redskins games, I have to say the Chargers-Dolphins playoff game in 1981(?). Living in England, especially in the early 80's, I didn't get to see many games after "discovering" this great sport only months earlier. My parents were posted to DC in the September and I visited during the school Xmas holidays. I was fortunate to actually watch the game live on TV. What a game - it had everything. If I needed a game to turn me on to football, that was it (especially as the redskins had struggled).

Best game I've ever been to was the 35-7 rout of Dallas this past season.

Texas vs USC for last years National Championship game.

You'd be hard pressed to find a game that meant more at any level too.

That was by far the best game that I have ever seen on TV. I was at Glory Days with a couple of friends and the people there were probably 60% for USC, 40% for Texas. We were rooting for Texas (well, Vince Young specifically) and at the end of the game it was down to a group of diehard USC fans, us, and a few scattered people at the bar... the end of that game couldn't have been any more satisfying.

Of course, the best way to cap off the Texas win was for the entire (rather buzzed) bar to randomly break out in Hail to the Redskins as we were leaving...

the greatest game i ever attended was the skins/cowboys game this past year at fedex....i mean it wasnt a much of a game, but to be able to dominate the cowboys they way we did after being the ones dominated the past 10 years, it was a great feeling to be there and be a part of it....

One of the best days of my life!!!

my favorites that i actually saw were as follows

the oilers blowing a 35-3 halftime lead in the afc championship to lose to a second string qb 41-38 in overtime

the suberbowl between the rams and titans

the redskins miracle comeback at dallas in 05

Archived