Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles "talent"(?)

Hokieskin

How did Shane do in college compared to mcnabb?

NFC championship game experience? WTF is that? It makes him better bc he played in the game. That is just crazy.

Second in mvp voting? yeh, I bet mcnabb is real proud about coming in second place like he did in the NFC last year. He probably repeats to himself before a game,

"2 Pro-bowls

Second in MVP voting, 2000

NFC Championship Game experience...

and doggonit people like me." Just to make him feel better.

The eagles probably don't have the talent to trade for a qb of Shane's ability. But I do know that Heath Shuler is available.

No need to get personal Stinky. If you can't support your agruements with reason and intelligence, then don't get upset when someone else is right.

Originally posted by The_Danfather

How did Shane do in college compared to mcnabb?

NFC championship game experience? WTF is that? It makes him better bc he played in the game. That is just crazy.

Second in mvp voting? yeh, I bet mcnabb is real proud about coming in second place like he did in the NFC last year. He probably repeats to himself before a game,

"2 Pro-bowls

and doggonit people like me." Just to make him feel better.

The eagles probably don't have the talent to trade for a qb of Shane's ability. But I do know that Heath Shuler is available.

No need to get personal Stinky. If you can't support your agruements with reason and intelligence, then don't get upset when someone else is right.

I think you should take your own advice. What kind of reasoning are you providing there? Because Matthews had a better team in college, he is a better quarterback? Very insighful genius.

Originally posted by StinkNugget

Oh God that's funny! I'm peeing myself right now.

Its interesting how I live in the middle of wealthy Arlington county, the heart of Redskins country, and still managed to squeeze my trailer in between all of the mansions and town houses. It was hard to fit my broken down chevy into the front yard, but once I got it up on those cinder blocks I felt like I had made a nice home for myself among all these rich folk.

Funny how southerners will try to make fun of people from Philly for being trash...

:pint:

ahhhh... so you're a yuppie talkin sh!t on a message board... classy!

i love how you always come back with the "you never won anything" nonsense. stop it already. its making me :puke: ,LOL .

its all about what you've done lately. we were in the nfc championship last year the skins were home for new years , so talk all ya want ... Spurrier will only beat the Cardinals of the league just like he did in college.

Sean, if it's all about what you've done lately, perhaps you don't know what the teams have done lately.

In the last three years and the opener of this year, both teams are 27-22. Both teams have a division title. Both teams have won three games against the other. Our team has had more success moving the ball on you than you have on us, so, lately, you don't have much to chirp about anymore than you have historically.

It's all about where you want to draw the line as "recently" 3 years ago, if you compare the Eagle team of them to the Eagle team of now, very few players *offensively at least* remain. It's quite convienent to include the last year that the skins were good, and the last year the eagles were bad, isn't it? And I'm just curious, why do other teams fans ALWAYS bring up the "Eagles havent won a Super Bowl so HAH" line? What does that prove?

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

It's all about where you want to draw the line as "recently" 3 years ago, if you compare the Eagle team of them to the Eagle team of now, very few players *offensively at least* remain. It's quite convienent to include the last year that the skins were good, and the last year the eagles were bad, isn't it? And I'm just curious, why do other teams fans ALWAYS bring up the "Eagles havent won a Super Bowl so HAH" line? What does that prove?

so how bout this..

why don't we just compare histories? i mean, if we are gonna argue about 2 years or 3 years, let's just forget it and compare the whole damn thing..

whaddya say?

You guys are amusing.

So, history matters not. Three years doesn't matter. Only last year. THAT'S IT, eh? Perhaps you could, after losing tonight, define recent as all games but the first two or any you've lost, over the last 10 years?

Sean, since we've had Snyder, I just told you how we compare with the Eagles. So, if your definition is that we're dismal, that would make you the same, since you have been the same. Wouldn't it? So, I think you should be less critical of your team, being the overachieving bunch they've been and all.

History doesn't matter when skins fans keep preachign, a. "Eagles never won a super bowl so their organization sucks"

b. In the past three years, we have an even record

The Eagles of three years ago hardlllly resembles the eagles of now. If you are going to compare, then compare from when the teams have most of the same players that they do now. For the Eagles, that would be 2 years ago. You are amusing as well Art

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

History doesn't matter when skins fans keep preachign, a. "Eagles never won a super bowl so their organization sucks"

b. In the past three years, we have an even record

The Eagles of three years ago hardlllly resembles the eagles of now. If you are going to compare, then compare from when the teams have most of the same players that they do now. For the Eagles, that would be 2 years ago. You are amusing as well Art

Uh, and the Redskins of last year hardly resemble the Redskins right now. But somehow you all decide what is relevant history and what isn't? What's happened this season doesn't matter, but what happened last season does, but nothing before that ... Whatever helps you sleep at night. :rolleyes:

EL,

There is relevance to comparisons over the last three years. There is relevance to comparisons over history. Perhaps you'll understand the meaning behind the "You've never won a Super Bowl," argument once you have. I don't generally use that argument, at all, but, it is meaningful as to what type of franchise you have and what type others have.

Like your team, our team doesn't resemble much the team we had in 1999 either. In our case, despite massive player and coaching turnover, we've been very evenly matched and capable of handling most of what the Eagles can offer. It is relevant that in spite of the changes you haven't outclassed us, because as our changes have continued and our talent level has improved, it's not likely you'll remain with us once we again turn the corner since you have only been equal to us when we haven't.

But, again, we come back to the relevance of winning a Super Bowl. When we turn the corner, we know what the end of the block looks like. You don't. Until you do, you won't really understand why no one is in awe of a solid, though diminished team.

Dontcha get it? History only matters when it benefits the argument. Over the last three years the two teams are equal, so it's not relevant because those Eagles aren't these eagles, even though those Redskins are not these Redskins. Only counting last year the Eagles are much better. Even more recent history, over the the one game each has played this year, the Redskins are better 1-0 vs 0-1. But that's not relevant becasue the Eagles lost to a better team than the Redskins beat, even though the Titans and the Cards are both 1-1.

We can only compare the two teams in terms of history when it benefits the Eagles otherwise it's not a valid argument.

I give up :doh:

2 Pro-bowls

You're right! He isn't very talented! Quick, the Eagles better trade for Shane Matthews. He's FAR more talented...

Gus Ferotte made a probowl.

Who was second in the MVP last year? And why is second okay to Fecal fans? Do you keep his "Second in MVP voting from 2years ago" trophy next to your "2nd in our one and only Superbowl apearance" Trophy?

How about real stats, not media darling votes.

57% career completion percentage.

77 QB rating

29th in the league in 3rd down conversions last year.

Fact is, without his defense over the last 2 years, we'd be mentioning McNothing along side Akili Smith.

Originally posted by sean_sec736

just be rEADY TO EAT CROW ... HEY AL THE MOD , YOU DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS , HOW MANY COACHES AND Q/B'S HAVE YOU HAd OVER THE LAST THREE YEARS ?

I'll answer that one. Four coaches and nine QBs (counting backups.)

And the point, which has repeatedly escaped the Philly faithful in this thread, is that our record is EXACTLY the same as Phillys over that period of time, despite the fact that the Eagles supposedly have this amazing coach, fantastic defense and super-star QB.

Are we doing the math yet?

Archived