Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stoutmire and Evans

RiggoReincarnated

Evans was solid but I remember hearing somewhere (forgive my lack of a source) that he wants money and a chance to start. Both seem a little unlikely given our current line situation. He'd be valuable to re-sign, but I don't see him in more than the spot duty he saw last season.

Evans was solid but I remember hearing somewhere (forgive my lack of a source) that he wants money and a chance to start. Both seem a little unlikely given our current line situation. He'd be valuable to re-sign, but I don't see him in more than the spot duty he saw last season.

I think Evans is best on third downs...he isn't as good a run stopper as Wynn IMO.

Damn...I hope we get some secondary depth...if we are about 4 million under the cap...and 2 million in the rookie draft pool...that means we have about 2 million to spend on a free agent...we should be able to get someone decent.

Are Ty Law and Charles Woodson still available?

Your being sarcastic right? Both of those players signing bonus hit will be more than 2 mill a year.

I don't think there is a need to worry too much about secondary depth as Williams likes to have plenty of db's.Last year the Skins brought several in for workouts and made moves to sign players such as Stoutmire and Preilou.I would think he would make similar moves again this year.

What everyone has to remember is that the players that most people are wringing their hands about losing, weren't signed until later in the summer and they are the ones that provided us with depth.

Safety Ryan Clark wasn't signed until the 1st day of training camp back in 2004 and Stoutmire wasn't signed until July 30th of 2005.

Both missed all of the offseason practices and workouts, yet both contributed during the seasons they were signed.

So just sit right back and relax and wait for things to fall into place. Since Gibbs and company have arrived, they always do.

Archived