Extremeskins

The Raiders

AM#81

the raiders are gonna kick ass this year

Aaron Brooks and an improved secondary

man

it about tyme Al Davis pulled his head out of his ass and did something

can't wait 2 see these guys in action

You're joking of course. Aaron Brooks is a castoff. Duane Starks failed miserably in New England and they dumped him. So where have they improved? Three straight losing seasons and they are in a tough division. :laugh:

the raiders are gonna kick ass this year

Aaron Brooks and an improved secondary

man

it about tyme Al Davis pulled his head out of his ass and did something

can't wait 2 see these guys in action

Edit: Have to wait and see what Art Shell does, but it should be an improvement over the previous season and Turner.

Edit: Have to wait and see what Art Shell does, but it should be an improvement over the previous season and Turner.

True. I don't see them imploding with him in charge, but what would concern me if I were a Raider fan is that since he was hired so late, he had to really dig to find a staff. His OC has been completely out of football since Shell was last fired from the Raiders in the 90's.

Their defense made progress last year and I still see them taking Vince Young in the draft.

the Raiders are a mess. hiring Norv Turner two years ago was a good sign that Davis has lost any touch he used to have in making personnel decisions. Aaron Brooks is the Rod Gardner of the qb position, 50/50. For every good play he makes, he makes a similarly bad boneheaded play. He has done this for the past 4 years in NO.

If Brooks were such a great qb why would the Saints let him go for nothing and shell out megabucks for Drew Brees? :)

The Raiders as usual are taking guys off the junk heap and hoping they still have some life in them.

The AFC is just too good right now for the Raiders to make much progress in 2006.

They are going to be a last place team again.

Aaron Brooks is actually a very good quarterback when a strong running game is present. He struggles significantly when the game is placed squarely on his shoulders, though (no Deuce McAllister really hurt him last season). If the Raiders can develop a strong running game, Brooks should be very solid... especially with a much better WR group to throw to (Moss, Porter, Gabriel, etc).

I thought Vince would end up in Oakland but I dont know now....

I think there's still a VERY good possibility he'll end up in black and silver. Aaron Brooks will be 30 this upcoming season, so grabbing Vince Young in the draft and developing him for a few years (until he can hands-down win the starting spot based solely on his passing ability) would be a pretty good move. Of course, that might blow up if Davis and Art Shell decide that Andrew Walters is the Raiders' quarterback of the future.

Archived