Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Dallas has to look forward to at OG

Higgs44

First, too bad Lavar isnt in DC anymore.

Second, I always forget that one play defines a players career forever.

Third, Andre Carter is half the player that Lavar is.

For some odd reason, this single play doesnt really worry me.

Points well taken, though I think Carter is more than half LaVar. I mean come on now. Either way the video is good for a laugh. :laugh:

i would be worried... very worried. That O Line isnt very good at the moment. Kyle Kosier wasnt even a full time starter on detroit, now you want him to start on a line that NEEDS to create more time in the pocket for your QB to succeed. Not to mention he'll have a LT coming off injury and a Center who average at best next to him... and on the other side what do you see... a 35/36 yeard old with a bad back and Jason Fabini... who ironically is coming from a line that gave up more sacks than the cowboys did.... but your not worried...OK

-LaVar isn't as critical to our defensive success as he once was, so who cares if he isn't in DC anymore?

-True. It's still funny, though.

-At linebacker, he definitely is. The thing is, though, that Carter is one hell of a DE who has shown the ability to be atleast as much of a playmaker in the past.

i would be worried... very worried. That O Line isnt very good at the moment. Kyle Kosier wasnt even a full time starter on detroit, now you want him to start on a line that NEEDS to create more time in the pocket for your QB to succeed. Not to mention he'll have a LT coming off injury and a Center who average at best next to him... and on the other side what do you see... a 35/36 yeard old with a bad back and Jason Fabini... who ironically is coming from a line that gave up more sacks than the cowboys did.... but your not worried...OK

Yes, that one play does not worry me that Kozier's career as a Cowboy is doomed.

And check your facts before you post.

He started all 16 games in 2004 with SF and played in 16 games in Detroit and starting in the last 11. He was a full time starter in Detroit for 3/4 of the season.

How this one play from involving Kozier is supposed to make me worried is beyond me.

-LaVar isn't as critical to our defensive success as he once was, so who cares if he isn't in DC anymore?

-True. It's still funny, though.

-At linebacker, he definitely is. The thing is, though, that Carter is one hell of a DE who has shown the ability to be atleast as much of a playmaker in the past.

-Who cares? About 95% of this board last I checked.

-Yes, I will agree, it was funny.

-And not one poster on this board is taking Carter over Lavar with a straight face.

The cowboys have not improved their O-Line very much at all. They were the worst group I observed all season in that 35-7 beat down at FedEx Field. Worse than the 49ers...and we all just watched what they were like... :laugh: Bledsoe was sacked what seemed like 10 times, maybe 5 by Daniels. Kosier is terrible. Larry Allen is gone. I'm not impressed with their O-line signings at all. Bledsoe is a statue in the pocket. He needs at least 4 seconds to get the ball to T.O. on a homerun...I don't think Dallas' current O-Line can protect him.

O-Line was clearly the cowboy's pressing offseason need, yet Jerry Jones had to give T.O. his money, make the ****y jackass move, even though their recievers wern't really that bad last year. Keyshawn will be productive in Carolina, probably better than he was in Dallas. We all saw Bledsoe get pummled time and time again or throw interceptions due to pressure.

Personally, I think its fitting that Jerry gave Keyshawn the boot for TO at the expense of his O-Line. It's the classic classless arrogant cowboy move that make's them a great team to hate. TO belongs there with his daddy Jerry and the rest of them. Good luck with that O-Line. :dallasuck

Getting Flo back alone will improve girls OL by 10 times. Girls had two worst starting tackles in NFL history last season after Flo went down. They now add Fabini and possibly draft another OT on day 1. It will take several bad injuries before we see Torin Tucker again.

Kossier actually was a solid addition to girls. He is an below-average starter but quite versatile.

Heck, anyone is better than Torin Tucker and why girls are still keeping him is beyond me.

And check your facts before you post.

He started all 16 games in 2004 with SF and played in 16 games in Detroit and starting in the last 11. He was a full time starter in Detroit for 3/4 of the season.

How this one play from involving Kozier is supposed to make me worried is beyond me.

Check my facts huh???? Learn how to read.... I clearly stated "he wasnt even a full time starter on detroit last year" Tell me, what stats do i need to check to correct myself on that??? Seriously, can anyone point me in the right direction to find the correct stats on that??? Its obvious i need some help :dallasuck

-Who cares? About 95% of this board last I checked.

-Yes, I will agree, it was funny.

-And not one poster on this board is taking Carter over Lavar with a straight face.

Here, I'll help you with that.

95% have an opinon on Lavar, sure. But it's pretty evenly divided whether his departue will have a big impact or not, polls and posts-wise.

All the time you spend here and you don't have a sense of where the board is at on Lavar?

And while Carter wasn't hired as a replacement for Lavar, I figure he has a good shot at making more impact for us next year than Lavar had last year, and that's no slam on Lavar. That's just knowing Carter's play real well (emphasis) and the diff between his use in SF & those surroundings vs GW/Blache schemes and support personnel. We'll see. I think he'll be a bigger factor than Lavar was, and I thought Lavar was getting pretty good again.

And if you had a situation in reverse (the video) on a guy we just signed getting his butt beat like that guy did, you'd be all over it.

One thing I agree with, one play does not a career make.

Our OL did it's job just fine before Flozell went down and we had to run with 2 effing bums at tackle. With Flo coming back and having Fabini on the right side (who doesn't need to be coddled like Pettiti was), the OL should be just fine. Kosier is versatile and can actually move outside of a phone booth sized space, so Larry Allen won't be missed. Though I must admit Arrington owned the hell out of him. :laugh:

Archived