Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andy Pollin MUST GO!!!!!

plorell

I'm starting this thread with one goal in mind. Starting the beginning of the end of Andy Pollin's tenure as an on-air sports talk radio personality in the DC Metro Area.

I don't care if he continues to work for WTEM behind the scenes.

Andy Pollin is the least knowledgable on air radio personality in the country yet he dominates the air time on our only fully dedicated sports talk radio station for, at least, six hours a day with:

1. Bad Jokes (he gets my vote as the most unfunny person in the US)

2. Incorrect "Facts" (the guy is never right, especially about the 'Skins)

3. Horrendous Show Topics (the dude reads the paper, then does a show based on the headlines and claims its a good show)

4. Live Commercials (Flowers, bagels, etc.)

5. Thievery (Sports Reporters show title, stolen; Kornheisers morning guests, stolen; Interesting commute for sports fans, stolen)

Listen to sports talk radio in any other city and you get knowledgeable, interesting and, most importantly, professional programming. The DC Metro area has playoff teams in the NFL, NBA and two local Final Four teams. All Pollin wants to talk about is the Nats or what he reads on Yahoo and the USAToday.

Post your Andy Pollin Idiotic Moments here anyday, anytime! (don't forget to include your reaction to his idiocracy: called WTEM to make on air comment, turned away to another station out of disgust, etc.)

If I get enough of a response, a website will be launched in the near future!

Thanks, in advance, for your input!

Filling in for Kornheiser on Monday 3/27/2006, Idiot Pollin decides to bless us with his top ten local college basketball stories in the past 35 years. Here is what he came up with (and I quote):

"Number 1, Len Bias' death. Number 2, Lefty Driesell declaring he wants to make UMD the UCLA of the East. He didn't quite succeed but he almost did."

NUMBER 2 IS, IN IDIOT POLLIN'S OPINION, THE SECOND BIGGEST STORY IN DC METRO COLLEGE BASKETBALL HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S NOT EVEN A NEWS STORY!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT GTOWN'S AND UMD'S CHAMPIONSHIPS.

IN HIS WORLD, REDSKINS PLAYERS PREDICTING THE PLAYOFFS THE LAST 10 YEARS WOULD RANK AS THE TOP 10 MOMENTS IN REDSKINS' HISTORY.

POLLIN IS AN IDIOT!!! I TURNED THE STATION AFTER NUMBER 2.

Polin is funny every now and then. Czabin and Nockey make the show pretty enjoyable.

But I agree with you that for good sports analysis, they are not the ones to listen to. They talk about baseball wayyyyyyyy too much, and there is no middleground when it comes to a topic, i.e. Pollin can't stand anything the Skins do, and everything they do is wrong, compared to Czabin who likes everything the Skins do and is a complete fanboy.

Few years back -

Pollin (and Czabin), upon hearing that Venus and Serenas's father heard someone in the stands use the N-Word, claim (and I paraphrase):

"People that attend tennis matches aren't racist. They're too civilized for that."

I tried to call the station but couldn't get through.

I sense you have some kind of history with Andy......

care to fill us in?

Filling in for Kornheiser on Monday 3/27/2006, Idiot Pollin decides to bless us with his top ten local college basketball stories in the past 35 years. Here is what he came up with (and I quote):

"Number 1, Len Bias' death. Number 2, Lefty Driesell declaring he wants to make UMD the UCLA of the East. He didn't quite succeed but he almost did."

NUMBER 2 IS, IN IDIOT POLLIN'S OPINION, THE SECOND BIGGEST STORY IN DC METRO COLLEGE BASKETBALL HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S NOT EVEN A NEWS STORY!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT GTOWN'S AND UMD'S CHAMPIONSHIPS.

IN HIS WORLD, REDSKINS PLAYERS PREDICTING THE PLAYOFFS THE LAST 10 YEARS WOULD RANK AS THE TOP 10 MOMENTS IN REDSKINS' HISTORY.

POLLIN IS AN IDIOT!!! I TURNED THE STATION AFTER NUMBER 2.

He's related to Abe Pollin, so he isn't going anywhere when it comes to local sports broadcasting.

Abe has nothing to do with sports media in this town. If the masses want him to go (by not listening and logging complaints). Clear Channel will take his mike away.

There's really only one show I like on that radio station and that's the John Thompson show. That's the best reporting you can get on local sports, period. Kornheiser's a douche (honestly, does he HAVE to interrupt the guy doing the updates every ****ing time?), the Sports Reporters don't know jack **** and they like baseball WAAAAAY too much for my taste. Dan Patrick is ok, he thinks he's a lot cooler than he is, though. He loves to use that dramatic pause all the time, I think it's funny but none of their programming comes close to JT, Doc Walker and Smokin Al.

He's related to Abe Pollin, so he isn't going anywhere when it comes to local sports broadcasting.

He is a distant cousin. Andy Pollin is a local guy with a local appeal. He is also the biggest kiss ass I have ever seen. He is affraid to rattle anyones feathers and is possibly the biggets panzy on sportstalk radio. That being said, the Clear Channel radio moguls in the DC area love this guy. He isn't going anywhere.

I sense you have some kind of history with Andy......

care to fill us in?

No history at all.

I've been fuming about this for years. I just (today) decided to start making a run at him. He's got to go!

Because there is only one station in town, there are no checks and balances with the broadcasting decisions (no competition). We, as fans, deserve better.

No history at all.

I've been fuming about this for years. I just (today) decided to start making a run at him. He's got to go!

Because there is only one station in town, there are no checks and balances with the broadcasting decisions (no competition). We, as fans, deserve better.

He is the stations programing director. He aint gonna fire himself.

No history at all.

Also, I wouldn't have a problem if he was on 1 hour a day from like 8-9PM but 6 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and taking calls after every big sports event?

There's really only one show I like on that radio station and that's the John Thompson show. That's the best reporting you can get on local sports, period. Kornheiser's a douche (honestly, does he HAVE to interrupt the guy doing the updates every ****ing time?), the Sports Reporters don't know jack **** and they like baseball WAAAAAY too much for my taste. Dan Patrick is ok, he thinks he's a lot cooler than he is, though. He loves to use that dramatic pause all the time, I think it's funny but none of their programming comes close to JT, Doc Walker and Smokin Al.

you just made me laugh outloud...... I hate when Tony interrupts the person doing the updates..... and you're right..... no fail, he does it every 20 minutes...... annoying as hell.

WHAT ABOUT GTOWN'S AND UMD'S CHAMPIONSHIPS.

While I agree that the Hoyas and Terps Championships were bigger and should be ahead, Lefty coming to Maryland and making that statement was a big deal. He got everyone paying attention to college basketball in this area.

Listen to sports talk radio in any other city and you get knowledgeable, interesting and, most importantly, professional programming. The DC Metro area has playoff teams in the NFL, NBA and two local Final Four teams. All Pollin wants to talk about is the Nats or what he reads on Yahoo and the USAToday.

If you listen to sports talk radio and expect those things, then there is mighty tasty stuff under the sink you can drink.

The problem is that there is only 1 sports talk station in the DC area, and the same 5 guys are on almost every show. Another sports radio stations (maybe an FM this time) would most likely crush Sportstalk.

Not to be a Richard, But if you hate Pollin so much, why do you listen to him? You seem to know every topic he covers, so my guess is you are angry because you were just recently freed by hostage negotiators, from an empty room, where you were tied to a chair and the hostage takers made you listen to Pollin over and over again. Otherwise I don't quite understand your issue with him. Turn the dial, as they say.

While I agree that the Hoyas and Terps Championships were bigger and should be ahead, Lefty coming to Maryland and making that statement was a big deal. He got everyone paying attention to college basketball in this area.

I would agree that its a news story if he had won anything to bring the quote full circle (prediction like). Love Lefty though.

But you agree with my point.

He BLOWS. I don't like him cause he kisses up to Jacoby all the time, and when someone calls in after the game especially after we lose, he tries to make them feel stupid. He also never lets anyone finish a sentence. But being Abe Polins nephew, make him unreleaseable

Archived