Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get Jerseys Fixed

hanster

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my authentic Bailey in to have the name changed to Springs. The gold and white stripes on the sleeve which were printed had worn off, they replaced it with fabric so it wouldnt happen again. I was on vacation so I have yet to get the jersey back but I will say how it turned out when I see it.

I got my Bailey authentic I was having changed to Springs back today from Joe Cheseldine. The quality is amazing. The name blends in perfectly, there is nothing different between the way it looks and the way Bailey looked (except for the small detail that it is sewn on the jersey not on a name plate, which isnt even noticable). The numbers on the front had stitches coming off which was repaired- I cant even figure out where it was breaking apart before... The sleeves which were decaying (printed not sewn for some reason) he replaced with fabric which looks great and will now last forever, and he even fixed an issue I hadnt reported to him where my jersey was seperating at the bottom (the little folded over edge).

I would highly recommend Joe Cheseldine to anyone in the country to send their skins jerseys to, especially those near by. If it werent for the fact that we were on vacation the jersey would have been finished and returned in 1 week's time. I cant describe well enough how great of a decision this is. A 250 dollar (back then) 3 year old jersey was just given new life.

springs.jpg

springs2.jpg

And for the record, in the 2nd pic, the numbers look funny because of the lighting by the flash mixed with the fact that they were packed up and have creases in them for the moment, it isnt like my numbers got discolored or something. The only two slightly noticable differences are these: the Springs lettering is a bit whiter than the rest- because it is new, it will fade together in time. The square surrounding the name where the Bailey name plate used to be is a little darker too, it was not exposed to sun light often like the rest of the jerseys, and im sure not hit as hard by the wash. That will fade also.

Notice the sleeves though...I wish they had sewn them on in the first place like many teams in the NFL do.

I got my Bailey authentic I was having changed to Springs back today from Joe Cheseldine. The quality is amazing. The name blends in perfectly, there is nothing different between the way it looks and the way Bailey looked (except for the small detail that it is sewn on the jersey not on a name plate, which isnt even noticable). The numbers on the front had stitches coming off which was repaired- I cant even figure out where it was breaking apart before... The sleeves which were decaying (printed not sewn for some reason) he replaced with fabric which looks great and will now last forever, and he even fixed an issue I hadnt reported to him where my jersey was seperating at the bottom (the little folded over edge).

I would highly recommend Joe Cheseldine to anyone in the country to send their skins jerseys to, especially those near by. If it werent for the fact that we were on vacation the jersey would have been finished and returned in 1 week's time. I cant describe well enough how great of a decision this is. A 250 dollar (back then) 3 year old jersey was just given new life.

springs.jpg

springs2.jpg

And for the record, in the 2nd pic, the numbers look funny because of the lighting by the flash mixed with the fact that they were packed up and have creases in them for the moment, it isnt like my numbers got discolored or something. The only two slightly noticable differences are these: the Springs lettering is a bit whiter than the rest- because it is new, it will fade together in time. The square surrounding the name where the Bailey name plate used to be is a little darker too, it was not exposed to sun light often like the rest of the jerseys, and im sure not hit as hard by the wash. That will fade also.

Notice the sleeves though...I wish they had sewn them on in the first place like many teams in the NFL do.

Your jersey doesn't look too bad, I just don't like how they sew the name right to the jersey. Also, the sleeves look horrible. The two stripes are supposed to touch eachother, not have that gap of burgundy in the middle.

Your jersey doesn't look too bad, I just don't like how they sew the name right to the jersey. Also, the sleeves look horrible. The two stripes are supposed to touch eachother, not have that gap of burgundy in the middle.

Well the sleeves I think look a little different in a picture then in person because the tiny gap doesnt really stand out too much, that coupled with the name bothers me signifigantly less than it would bother me forking out 280 dollars for a new jersey.

Well the sleeves I think look a little different in a picture then in person because the tiny gap doesnt really stand out too much, that coupled with the name bothers me signifigantly less than it would bother me forking out 280 dollars for a new jersey.

Yeah, I would rather have that than paying $300 for a new one.

I want to thank HailRiggoRanger for telling everyone about Exclusive Pro. I sent them a 70th Anniversary Smoot jersey and had it changed to Taylor and they did an excellent job. They are 1 of 2 companies that is provided with a CD from the NFL with the exact specifications of the jerseys the players wear on game day. I also had the nameplate added to an authentic college jersey and it came out excellent. It cost $35.00 to have the Taylor jersey done (plus shipping to get it there). The only problem was it took a little longer than i though, five weeks, due to the college jersey taking longer. Check out the pics, and don't bother going anywhere else, let them do it!!

Also I asked them to use the same exact "style" of letters that came on the jersey (current letters are thinner), Josh from Exclusivepro said they were Tampa Bay Bucs letters and they would put on the letters that the players used that year (2002-now) It turns out the retail 70th anniversary jerseys were made overseas and they did not use the same letters as the jerseys the players wore on the field.

Looks like quality work! I'm actually considering finding some cheap authentics of players that are gone just so I can get them changed to other names and have authentics for less than half the price :D

That is what I did on this obviously, with places like exclusive pro, it cost me $60.00 for the jersey, brand new on ebay, and $30.00 for the name plate switch. The jersey was $280.00 brand new in 2002. Also today at the scrimmage the redskins store was selling game worn authentic former player jerseys for $150.00!!!!, take a #22 Mcullough jersey and make it into a Rogers jersey, etc. Forget paying $280.00 for a new jersey for someone who will be gone in a few years, unless it is a common # that will be used by another great player. #56 Arrington to Jasper Harvey???, Why couldn't McIntosh take #56???. Smoot to Taylor, Bailey to Springs, that's more like it.

• 1 year later...
I've got one I'd like worked on. Funny, I was just thinking about this thread and what a pain it'll be to find it. Thanks for the bump. :)

Yeah, I had my Gardner turned into a Brown jersey last year. Posted a pic in this thread. It's decent but wanted to see if anyone had any other companies.

Getting a jersey fixed helps to pass the off-season!

I've got one I'd like worked on. Funny, I was just thinking about this thread and what a pain it'll be to find it. Thanks for the bump. :)

Edit: However, this is not good news. :(

http://exclusivepro.com/nflhome.html

Wow, that's not good news. I was happy with them. The nameplate material was more of a canvas (as opposed to that polyester-type material), but it gave my "new" Brown jersey a bit of a retro look. The lettering was perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: However, this is not good news. :(

http://exclusivepro.com/nflhome.html

I got lucky and had all my jerseys done before they shut down.

Got an 87 Gardner changed to 87 Charlie Brown

Got an 21 Smoot changed to 81 Art Monk

Got an 54 Trotter changed to 54 Kurt Gouveia

Got an 24 Bailey changed to 24 Kelvin Bryant

They did REALLY good work. If they work an agreement out with the NFL, don't hesitate to send your jerseys in. They can redo the numbers on burgundy jreseys easily, but the white jerseys tend to have the gold backing of numbers bleed so they prefer not to change numbers on whites. They take their time, took about 2 months for all the jerseys. But the quality is amazing. No one can tell I had the names changed.

Archived