Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get Jerseys Fixed

hanster

Cool! I've ordered nameplates twice (at two different websites, but ordered by phone), and both times, nothing ever happened. No nameplate ever arrived and my card was never charged, no message, no email, no phone call, no explanation, nothing.

Good luck with that, let me know how it goes!

Yeah, I actually got this company from the Bucs messageboard. A couple members there said they had a good experience with Exclusive Pro. Am going to call them on Monday to make sure everything is being processed.

I just bought a retro Ramsey jersey on ebay, and plan on finding a local shirt shop and putting my last name on it. I don't really care if it's on a nameplate, or made with official lettering or something, as long as my name shows.

If this nameplate thing works with Exclusive Pro, I'm thinking about buying an authentic of a player that has left (e.g, Ramsey or Smoot) and converting it (to a Rypien or Taylor). I imagine you can get an Ramsey or Smoot authentic for $50, then just spend $20 on the nameplate, and you have an authentic jersey for $70.

If this nameplate thing works with Exclusive Pro, I'm thinking about buying an authentic of a player that has left (e.g, Ramsey or Smoot) and converting it (to a Rypien or Taylor). I imagine you can get an Ramsey or Smoot authentic for $50, then just spend $20 on the nameplate, and you have an authentic jersey for $70.

yeh, that definitely works. I guess if I got an authentic, I'd want to make it look a little better. Since I only have replicas, I don't really care, haha. Anyways, I'll read your posts in the thread to see how the nameplate thing goes.

yeh, that definitely works. I guess if I got an authentic, I'd want to make it look a little better. Since I only have replicas, I don't really care, haha. Anyways, I'll read your posts in the thread to see how the nameplate thing goes.

Yeah, I'll keep everyone posted, if things go well with Exclusive Pro.

if this works for you, then im going to buy a cheap burgundy authentic bailey and smoot jersey, and change them to springs and taylor. Or buy another one, and change the name. I hope it works for you man. But it would be hard to remove the authentic stitching from the smoot and bailey jersey, so maybe they do that for me, or i go to a shop and get it removed.

BTW Riggoranger, can you post pics of it when it comes, and with it sewn on?

Thanks!

if this works for you, then im going to buy a cheap burgundy authentic bailey and smoot jersey, and change them to springs and taylor. Or buy another one, and change the name. I hope it works for you man. But it would be hard to remove the authentic stitching from the smoot and bailey jersey, so maybe they do that for me, or i go to a shop and get it removed.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'll post pictures. As a note, my Gardner jersey is a replica, but I liked the 70th anniversary jerseys and wanted to make it usable again.

To answer your question of whether they'll remove your old nameplate and sew a new one on, the answer is Yes. The details are on their website, but you need to send them your jersey, and it costs like $40 to do everything. I wanted to save some money by simply having them send the nameplate out to me. My wife's friend is a fashion designer; so, she's going to sew it on for me.

I called Cheseldine Sports earlier today and the person i spoke with said

that if the letters and or numbers are glued on, they dont like doing them. Because

he said they can take em off but the chemicals they use will more than likely leave a stain behind.

So if they are sown on (authentic jerseys) they have no problem and can do it easy.

Oh and you can find goo gone at any major retailer like home depot, lowes, walmart, etc etc

I called Cheseldine Sports earlier today and the person i spoke with said

that if the letters and or numbers are glued on, they dont like doing them. Because

he said they can take em off but the chemicals they use will more than likely leave a stain behind.

So if they are sown on (authentic jerseys) they have no problem and can do it easy.

Oh and you can find goo gone at any major retailer like home depot, lowes, walmart, etc etc

I have an authentic and there is still glue on the numbers so far I removed one number on the sleeve and sure enough glue in the shape of the number I am gonna take the numbers off myself and see if the goo gone works, because i spoke with someone who got their jersey changed at cheseldine and they said they didn't want to mess with the numbers because of the glue so the guy just got his name on the jersey.I already have my own custom jersey so I figured I'd try to see how much glue is really on the jersey and get the numbers I want on there hopefully the stuff works if not oh well.

Hey, does anyone know anything about these guys? http://shop.exclusivepro.com/

They said they would mail out a new nameplate to replace my Gardner nameplate on a 70th Anniversary jersey. They say they match it perfectly. The cost is $20.

As an update, I still haven't received the nameplates, but customer service has been very responsive. I should have the nameplates next week. Am not too worried; my credit card hasn't been charged. Customer service has been great, and they seem to know their jerseys. Will post pictures of the Gardner-transformed-to-Brown jersey when I get the nameplate.

Was LaVar Arrington with the 'Skins last season?

Does anyone know if replica jerseys can be altered in name and number? (In other words, if I were, as an example, to purchase a different player's replica jersey, could anybody remove its name and numbers and then change them to "FAURIA 88"?) Does anybody know? :)

CarrollsMine99.

Was LaVar Arrington with the 'Skins last season?

Does anyone know if replica jerseys can be altered in name and number? (In other words, if I were, as an example, to purchase a different player's replica jersey, could anybody remove its name and numbers and then change them to "FAURIA 88"?) Does anybody know? :)

CarrollsMine99.

I seriously doubt it. Changing the name may be easy enough since the nameplate is sewn on, and this new site mentioned above seems to have their act together. But I wouldn't want to try to change the numbers.

So, if I were to buy an authentic 'Skins jersey at jersey-joe for $165, I could then send it to this Chiseldine Sports and they can un-sew both the other name and number sections and re-sew "Fauria 88" on for me? And, even if it's a men's medium, it is still cheaper than buing an authentic elsewhere. Am I correct? Thanks.

CarrollsMine99.

I seriously doubt it. Changing the name may be easy enough since the nameplate is sewn on, and this new site mentioned above seems to have their act together. But I wouldn't want to try to change the numbers.

Exclusive Pro advertises that they can change the nameplate and numbers, but I think it's risky. It seems easiest to buy a Ramsey "11" or Bailey "24" and simply changing the nameplates to Rypien and Springs.

I have an authentic and there is still glue on the numbers so far I removed one number on the sleeve and sure enough glue in the shape of the number I am gonna take the numbers off myself and see if the goo gone works, because i spoke with someone who got their jersey changed at cheseldine and they said they didn't want to mess with the numbers because of the glue so the guy just got his name on the jersey.I already have my own custom jersey so I figured I'd try to see how much glue is really on the jersey and get the numbers I want on there hopefully the stuff works if not oh well.

Please keep us posted if the goo gone stuff works.

So, if I were to buy an authentic 'Skins jersey at jersey-joe for $165, I could then send it to this Chiseldine Sports and they can un-sew both the other name and number sections and re-sew "Fauria 88" on for me? And, even if it's a men's medium, it is still cheaper than buing an authentic elsewhere. Am I correct? Thanks.

CarrollsMine99.

If you don't mind a replica, go to nflshop.com and have it customized from a blank, costs $99.99

If you don't mind a replica, go to nflshop.com and have it customized from a blank, costs $99.99

I don't mind replicas at all, but I'm concerned about having the same defectivity problems. Do you know if adult replicas have their names and numbers applied differently than on youth-sized ones? :whoknows: Thanks.

:feedback:

CarrollsMine99.

I don't mind replicas at all, but I'm concerned about having the same defectivity problems. Do you know if adult replicas have their names and numbers applied differently than on youth-sized ones? :whoknows: Thanks.

:feedback:

CarrollsMine99.

what defectivity problems are you talking about? there should be no difeerence in the way the numbers are applied (except the size of course)

Yes, this is my post that details the problems I had, gene56:

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't mind at all. I had ordered a youth-sized custom replica jersey and, the first time (ex.) with the first jersey) I wore it a few times and then washed it once, EXACTLY following the directions, and, when the jersey emerged the letters on the nameplate area were curling and peeling off. I also had spaces underneather the front of the jersey's numbers large enough to stick several fingers between the numbers and the fabric it had been applied to!

I returned the jersey because it was defective and ordered the same product again, assuming it must have been a fluke. The second jersey LOOKED to be made much better, BUT I wore it ONE time for six hours and part of a letter came completely off the nameplate. I don't even know where it went, but there was just a shadow of the letter left in that spot. If I could have known that the problem would not get worse, I would have kept it and dealt with that one imperfection, but I paid over $75 and had not even worn it for a full day or washed it, so, after two attempts I am leery about using the NFL.com Shop.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have better luck, please.

CarrollsMine99.

Thanks, Mark!

CarrollsMine99.

Thanks!

All, I received the "Brown" nameplates from Exclusive Pro today. Am very happy with them. Have removed the "Gardner" nameplate and will attach the "Brown" nameplates this weekend. I've taken photos of the new nameplate and how they look on the jersey. But, the site says the file size is too large. If anyone can give me advice on how to shrink the file size, I'll post pictures of the new nameplate and how they look on the 70th anniversary jersey.

All, I received the "Brown" nameplates from Exclusive Pro today. Am very happy with them. Have removed the "Gardner" nameplate and will attach the "Brown" nameplates this weekend. I've taken photos of the new nameplate and how they look on the jersey. But, the site says the file size is too large. If anyone can give me advice on how to shrink the file size, I'll post pictures of the new nameplate and how they look on the 70th anniversary jersey.

I don't have a clue, but I cant wait to see it

Archived