Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most impactful 5 Redskins on the roster.

Jethrodsp

I want to get a read on how everyone else feels about who are the Redskin players with the most impact on the team's fortunes game in and game out.

Here is my top 5:

1. Clinton Portis: the offense starts with this man, regardless of how his numbers look.

2. Santana Moss: have to put him number two because he and Portis accounted for such a high % of offensive production last season

3. Sean Taylor: completely takes the deep secondary from opposing offenses. Witness both Tampa games last season to see his impact on offensive schemes.

4. Mark Brunell: although he doesnt make spectacular plays, Mark largely keeps our offense out of bad situations and is smart with the football, which was critical in all the close games we played last season.

5. Cornelius Griffin: this man does the dirty work in the middle of the d-line and still finds time to blow up the middle of the pocket on passing downs.

:helmet:

Guest santana4prez

1. Clinton Portis - When he has 100 yds we win.

2. Santana Moss - Still put up great numbers seeing mainly double coverage the final 12 weeks.

3. Marcus Washington - He is the fire of the Defense.

4. Mark Brunell - Leads are time with poise,smartness,and if healthy a damn good player.

5. Shawn Springs - When hes healthy he shuts down his WR and lets the defense go too work.

Sean Taylor if not in jail will move up to at least 3 , this will be his breakout Pro Bowl season.

As much as I love Santana I think the additions of Lloyd and El push him just out of the top 5.

1. Portis - the offense still goes through the run game.

2. Washington - the leader and best player on our defense. We have never really been without him so we dont know how bad it would hurt.

3. Griffin - Controls the line of scrimmage on defense.

4. Taylor - Game changer at safey.

5. Samuels/Jansen - If we are missing either one Brunell has pressure in his face all day and Portis wont find any openings.

Moss, Brunell, Springs, and Thomas just miss, in that order.

Portis, Cooley, Moss, Washington, Taylor.

I'll just say Cooley just because he'll not only protect Brunell by a good block, but in the same play he'll get open and be ready for the ball which was crucial when Moss was pretty much our only go-to guy.

This is all based on last year. Based on speculation for the coming year is a whole different game witht he FA pickups. ;)

Dogg Sean Taylor isn't going to jail and my top five is

1.Clinton Portis-the centerfold of everything from on the field to off

2.Santana Moss-Threat

3.Marcus Washington-Leader

4.Sean Taylor-Enforcer and makes every wideout **** on themsleves

5.DT-Griff and J.S. put the pressure out there to make Marcus and Sean Taylor even better

1. Clinton Portis - When he has 100 yds we win.

2. Santana Moss - Still put up great numbers seeing mainly double coverage the final 12 weeks.

3. Marcus Washington - He is the fire of the Defense.

4. Mark Brunell - Leads are time with poise,smartness,and if healthy a damn good player.

5. Shawn Springs - When hes healthy he shuts down his WR and lets the defense go too work.

Sean Taylor if not in jail will move up to at least 3 , this will be his breakout Pro Bowl season.

In order of importance:

1. Cornelius Griffin, we're not even competitive without him out there

2. Marcus Washington, he's the spirit of the D

3. Clinton Portis, he's the lynchpin of the offense and makes yards by himself

4. Chris Samuels, the anchor

5. Randy Thomas, we saw the effect he has when he went down this year

4. Mark Brunell: although he doesnt make spectacular plays, Mark largely keeps our offense out of bad situations and is smart with the football, which was critical in all the close games we played last season.

i have mixed feelings about Brunell (b/c of his fumbles and inability to play well hurt) but to say he doesn't make spectacular plays is doing him a disservice. mark brunell was the one that made a 3rd and 28 into a 4th and 2 with his legs vs dallas in september. and santana made the TD catches, but it was mark brunell that placed the ball in the precise spots where santana could make the catches without breaking stride...the second one between 2 defenders, even. furthermore, he was the one making the TD passes all season.

Portis, Cooley, Moss, Washington, Taylor.

I'll just say Cooley just because he'll not only protect Brunell by a good block, but in the same play he'll get open and be ready for the ball which was crucial when Moss was pretty much our only go-to guy.

cooley would be a lot higher on my list if he wasn't such a fumbling ****.

1- brunell- without him we're in trouble (ie: Seattle playoff game, with him on fire we are golden, especially with our new receiving core)

2- Portis- + 100 yards= W

3- washington- stops the run, blitzes, does it all

4- shawn springs- put him on an island and blitz- end of story

5- randy thomas- without him our O-line is not nearly as solid as with him- (ie: seattle playoff game)

1.)Mark Brunell - It starts with him, actually. If he's sharp and moving the offense then the Redskins can be deadly. If he's banged up and not crisp the Redskins offense will sputter.

2.)Clinton Portis - With Joe Gibbs it starts with the running game and Clinton Portis, when on his game, the Redskins are tough to beat.

3.)Santana Moss - The man is one of the best WR's in the game today. He can fly and change a whole defenses philosophy by himself.

4.)Cornelius Griffin - On defense it starts in the trenches and in the middle and Griffin has a HUGE impact defensively by stuffing the run and clogging holes.

5.)Shawn Springs/Sean Taylor/Marcus Washington - Shawn Springs, when healthy, is a true "shutdown" guy with ability to shut down one side of the field. Sean Taylor can take a player out of a game mentally with his ferociuos hits and intimitading style defensivey. Marcus Washington is the catalyst. He plays sideline to sideline and appears sometimes to be on every play doing something.

Honorable mentions: The whole O-line as a unit, Joe Salave'a, and Phillip Daniels with Chris Cooley.

Archived