Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News the Greatest Deceiver

skinsfan51

Last week I started a thread and posted a story about a man on trial in Afghanistan who faces the death penalty for converting to Christianity. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188672,00.html

The majority of the early responses got off topic and focused on how the story "just had to be fake." Some of you were TOTALLY confident that Fox News had completely fabricated the story and that it couldn't possibly be true. Why? For no other reason than that they are a "conservative" news outlet. (Now THAT'S logic!)

What's amazing to me is how Fox has been able:

1. To keep the "lie" the forefront of the national news

2. Get the Bush administration to buy into the lie

3. Get VIDEO footage of the lie (see link above; pretty good actors, if you ask me! How DOES Fox do that? Wow! :doh: )

4. Convince the other LIBERAL news outlets to carry said lie as fact:

In the future can we PLEASE exercise some common sense and realize that just because some of you find a story hard to believe, and just because some of you think Fox News fabricates stories simply because they are considered conservative, doesn't automatically make it untrue or a purposed lie? I am as conservative as they come, but I can't ever remember a time when I thought some news story was made up just because I read it on CNN or NBC News. Let's at least be realistic amidst our debating, ok? It will save a bunch of us a lot of time by not having to read through unnecessary fodder to get to the real issue at hand.

Last week I started a thread and posted a story about a man on trial in Afghanistan who faces the death penalty for converting to Christianity. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188672,00.html

The majority of the early responses got off topic and focused on how the story "just had to be fake." Some of you were TOTALLY confident that Fox News had completely fabricated the story and that it couldn't possibly be true. Why? For no other reason than that they are a "conservative" news outlet. (Now THAT'S logic!)

3. Get VIDEO footage of the lie (see link above; pretty good actors, if you ask me! How DOES Fox do that? Wow! :doh: )

In the future can we PLEASE exercise some common sense and realize that just because some of you find a story hard to believe, and just because some of you think Fox News fabricates stories simply because they are considered conservative, doesn't automatically make it untrue or a purposed lie? I am as conservative as they come, but I can't ever remember a time when I thought some news story was made up just because I read it on CNN or NBC News. Let's at least be realistic amidst our debating, ok? It will save a bunch of us a lot of time by not having to read through unnecessary fodder to get to the real issue at hand.

You are mistaken. Nobody doubts FOX news solely because they are conservative (some would argue they aren't conservative at all, just Republican). There are plenty of respected conservative outlets. People doubt FOX news because they have been proven to be inaccurate, hypocritical, severely unbalanced and easily the most biased mainstream news organization this country has ever known.

Let's not forget FOX news found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq...twice, thus leading their audience to false conclusions at almost double the rate of the print media.

Between June and September of 2003, a survey of US citizens asked whether they thought WMD had been discovered in Iraq since the war ended. They were also asked which media sources they relied upon. Those who incorrectly believed WMD had been discovered were three times more likely to obtain their news primarily from Fox News than from PBS and NPR.

Media sourceRespondants believing WMD had been found in Iraq since the war endedFox33%CBS23%NBC20%CNN20%ABC19%Print media17%PBS-NPR11%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_of_mass_destruction

Let's not forget that Fox News supported the civil war in Iraq before they said it was all just a media hoax (hypocrisy in it's purest form). I already posted it on page two of this thread here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147153

Let's not forget that FOX news claims to be fair and balanced yet 98% of their hosts are staunch Republicans. Coincidence? I think not.

Clearly, you and FOX News' entire audience are unaware of the requirements for a real source of information. Rule #1 is that you must not have an agenda. News agencies must seek truth no matter what that is, not seek evidence to back what their core convictions already are.

So yes, I remain skeptical about anything FOX news says and rightfully so.

You are mistaken. Nobody doubts FOX news solely because they are conservative (some would argue they aren't conservative at all, just Republican). There are plenty of respected conservative outlets. People doubt FOX news because they have been proven to be inaccurate, hypocritical, severely unbalanced and easily the most biased mainstream news organization this country has ever known.

I am sorry but I think that CBS News still has the honor of being the most biased and inaccurate news source in the known world

I actually went back and read the thread from last week.

One single individual said that he didn't trust the story because it came from Fox News. No one backed him up in this assertion, and many people criticized him.

I'm sorry, but this is hardly a horde of liberals "totally confident" that Fox had "completely fabricated the story" and for "no other reason" than because they are a conservative news outlet. Basically, you have created a straw man here in order to knock it down.

ps - Even though many of us do not trust Fox News, it is not because we think that they totally make things up, it is because they consciously "slant" the news they present in several obvious ways. But that is neither here nor there.

ps - Even though many of us do not trust Fox News, it is not because we think that they totally make things up, it is because they consciously "slant" the news they present in several obvious ways. But that is neither here nor there.

And this is different from CBS/NBC/ABC how??? They ALL slant the news, it's entertainment these days...Fox just went after an untapped market!

I am sorry but I think that CBS News still has the honor of being the most biased and inaccurate news source in the known world

...and you have the right to your opinions, however, when CBS screwed up 1 story in the last decade, people got fired at the highest levels and corrections were made, apologies were given. When FOX news makes mistakes, they gloss it over, keep on keepin' on, and nobody ever gets fired. That is the difference between a respectable news agency and a partisan news agency who's sole purpose is to get votes for one specific political party.

...and you have the right to your opinions, however, when CBS screwed up 1 story in the last decade, people got fired at the highest levels and corrections were made, apologies were given. When FOX news makes mistakes, they gloss it over, keep on keepin' on, and nobody ever gets fired. That is the difference between a respectable news agency and a partisan news agency who's sole purpose is to get votes for one specific political party.

They have screwed up many more than 1 story in that last decade, get serious! I agree with one of the previous posters, all of the news outlets slant it their way to serve their interests. Fox slants towards the right, and most of the others slant to the left. so the whole arguement is moot

People doubt FOX news because they have been proven to be inaccurate, hypocritical, severely unbalanced and easily the most biased mainstream news organization this country has ever known.

Didn't someone named Dan Rather or something get busted for fabricating a news story about President Bush? From what I recall, this Rather guy worked for CBS, if I'm not mistaken. And wasn't he kinda forced to retire several months later because of it?

Didn't someone named Dan Rather or something get busted for fabricating a news story about President Bush? From what I recall, this Rather guy worked for CBS, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, and we never did figure out what the frequency was. :mad: :whoknows:

They have screwed up many more than 1 story in that last decade, get serious! I agree with one of the previous posters, all of the news outlets slant it their way to serve their interests. Fox slants towards the right, and most of the others slant to the left. so the whole arguement is moot

OK, tell me what other stories CBS has screwed up. Let's see if you can go tit for tat against FOX News' hundreds of proven inaccuracies.

OK, tell me what other stories CBS has screwed up. Let's see if you can go tit for tat against FOX News' hundreds of proven inaccuracies.

General Westmoreland sued CBS for fabricating a report they did on him concerning his management of the Vietnam War. Actually, that case was probably one of the most visible ones in recent history. CBS admitted to the false news report and Westmoreland dropped the lawsuit. It was reported later that 60 Minutes reporter Mike Wallace was so depressed over the incident that he had contemplated suicide.

Didn't someone named Dan Rather or something get busted for fabricating a news story about President Bush? From what I recall, this Rather guy worked for CBS, if I'm not mistaken. And wasn't he kinda forced to retire several months later because of it?

The story about bush's absentism in the national guard was never disproven, it was the authenticity of the documents that were in question. documents that were handed to Rather's producer then to Rather. There was no "fabrication" by Rather, his mistake was trusting his producer that the documents were authenic. Nice try though :doh:

I would love to see these "hundreds" of proven inaccuracies. Now mind you, you can't include opinion as an inaccuracy, just because Bill O'Rielly beleives it doesn't make it a fact.

The story about bush's absentism in the national guard was never disproven, it was the authenticity of the documents that were in question. documents that were handed to Rather's producer then to Rather. There was no "fabrication" by Rather, his mistake was trusting his producer that the documents were authenic. Nice try though :doh:

Regardless of who reported it, the story was completely fabricated, they even apologized saying that

It was never PROVEN either because the documents were PROVEN to be fabricated. :doh:

Rather ran that story with the documcents as the centerpiece. The fact is Rather was ultimately responsible for the content of that news story. At best, Rather was completely incompetent. At worst, he had a hand in either fabricating the documents himself or knowing that they were fabricated, but letting the story run anyway. I don't think we'll ever know the truth.

Rather ran that story with the documcents as the centerpiece. The fact is Rather was ultimately responsible for the content of that news story. At best, Rather was completely incompetent. .

so you're admitting that your earlier statement "Rather fabricated the story"

was bs, good.

At worst, he had a hand in either fabricating the documents himself or knowing that they were fabricated, but letting the story run anyway. I don't think we'll ever know the truth

that's about as plausible as "nelms and bush plotted 911 themselves, and we'll never know the truth" :doh:

If he had been at Fox, he would have been promoted :laugh:

Regardless of who reported it, the story was completely fabricated, they even apologized saying that

No, the documents were fabricated, the report about Bush being absent is most likely true, and the President has not proved it to be false. Remember,

you repubs are the one's that called Kerry out, demanding a press conference from him to disprove the allegations made against him. What's good for the goose........:D

Archived