Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles release QB Mike McMahon

ratbert_rizzo

Show me a receiver who had more than 5 50+ yard receptions in 04 and I'll leave the site for a week.

It is your stat...why should I have to validate it? You're the one who needs it for your argument. Is that how you're going to prove your info from now on? Tell us to disprove it? It don't work that way, brother. You gotta link your stats on this board to get any respect.

You don't like me because I don't just back down like a good respectful boy and leave it alone. You want to up the volume on the rhetoric, I'll respond in kind. I normally just post my opinion in a lowkey manner and then you'll run into a thread talking smack like "OMG, yeah, Pinkston being back will be the move that leads them to the Superbowl!!!!" You want this to be your personal playground for smack talk but when someone comes back at you in the same manner, you get upset.

Not really...but keep trying. I think you're just frustrated because deep down you know that the Eagles run is over, and its burning you up inside. So you take that negative energy and focus it at the Skins, trashing what you know damn well are quality FA moves that addressed major needs.

So what do you think of the release of McMahon? I figure that he probably will be picked up, but the team I'm figuring will make your day.

The Cowgirls? That would be awesome. They definitely need some competition at QB. That would be awesome. I don't think Bleedsoe is going to last a full season; especially if he takes half the pounding he did last season.

Hahah -- maybe the Cowgirls will go after Harrington...that would be perfect! :laugh:

It is your stat...why should I have to validate it? You're the one who needs it for your argument. Is that how you're going to prove your info from now on? Tell us to disprove it? It don't work that way, brother. You gotta link your stats on this board to get any respect.

You want me to link the player pages of every WR in the NFL for 04? Because I'm hear to tell you there isn't one concise link that that shows that stat. He has 5. Owens had more 40 yard receptions but not as many 50+. Same with Walker. I don't care about your respect. I know the number is right.

Not really...but keep trying. I think you're just frustrated because deep down you know that the Eagles run is over, and its burning you up inside. So you take that negative energy and focus it at the Skins, trashing what you know damn well are quality FA moves that addressed major needs.

More trash talk. Why am I not surprised.

You want me to link the player pages of every WR in the NFL for 04? Because I'm hear to tell you there isn't one concise link that that shows that stat. He has 5. Owens had more 40 yard receptions but not as many 50+. Same with Walker. I don't care about your respect. I know the number is right.

Well, at least you admit that you can't link that stat. That's a start.

More trash talk. Why am I not surprised.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: After your last few posts about me, you have the nerve to say that? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Where do you find 50+ yard stats? On NFL.com they just show 40+.

The only way I know how to attempt it would be to look at the game logs. But even then, it only shows the long for the game, not the individual receptions, so there is no way to know if for example the long was an 80 yard bomb, if the player also had a 55 yard play in the game. :whoknows:

Its an unlinkable stat. But WB will use like its the gospel, of course.

I think its that he believes as I do that the run isn't over. He's frustration at people who constantly say, "But we finished 10-6 and you guys were 6-10" is rather tiresome along with the fact that those same people are quick to point out our faults yet ignore their own.

Call him what you want, but WB is a loyal fan whose only problem is the fact that he cares so much about this team, that he's willing to go to blows over them....even if its with a keystroke! :notworthy

The Eagles have lost players in the past because Reid doesn't promise anything.

Are you implying that Gibbs was being disingenuous with Collins?

I fully expect him to be the backup.

You can argue whether that is a good move or not, but I think he was being honest. The 2nd year QB won't get the nod yet. Gibbs has his own way of bringing along a QB, and starting him in his 2ndyear was not the way in his first go around.

The Cowgirls? That would be awesome. They definitely need some competition at QB. That would be awesome. I don't think Bleedsoe is going to last a full season; especially if he takes half the pounding he did last season.

Hahah -- maybe the Cowgirls will go after Harrington...that would be perfect! :laugh:

Took the words out of my mouth! Damn it! :D

The Eagles have lost players in the past because Reid doesn't promise anything. We had Priest Holmes signed before he went to the Chiefs but the deal broke off because Reid wouldn't promise him the starting spot over Staley. :(

I've got to tell you, WB, that with the exception of PR, I can't remember Gibbs promiising anyone a starting job. That was the exception.

When Shreoder/Williams happened, Shreoder started and exited to Williams at the first chance. And I can't think of any other instance when starting was 'promised' in the media.

Gibbs always said that positions are open in training camp.

I was surprised when he named PR his starter...but when he did, MB looked horrible. In training camp, he won the job. It was just a matter of PR faultering, or improving to the point where it wasn't an issue....the former happened.

If you ask me, it was Holmes who made the mistake. If he was told he could win the job in TC, he should have felt confident enough to take the challenge. I don't know if I'd want a guy like that on my team.

So if Brunell goes down, God forbid, you all are comfy w/ Collins? Gotcha.

Sorry, but I see that guy being like a deer in headlights if forced into any real action...

So apparently Al Saunders is a complete moron, and had him as the number 2 QB in Kansas City for the past couple of seasons, knowing that he would stand there like a deer in the headlights if Trent got a boo boo.

Ok... ;)

I think its that he believes as I do that the run isn't over. He's frustration at people who constantly say, "But we finished 10-6 and you guys were 6-10" is rather tiresome along with the fact that those same people are quick to point out our faults yet ignore their own.

Call him what you want, but WB is a loyal fan whose only problem is the fact that he cares so much about this team, that he's willing to go to blows over them....even if its with a keystroke! :notworthy

I have never once ignored my team's faults. I may tend to focus on the strengths, but then who doesn't? You can find plenty of threads in which I criticized the AA signing, address the lack of depth along the Skins oline, criticize not re-signing Pierce, etc. etc. etc. The fact that you or WB choose not to read those posts is not my problem. ;)

The only way I know how to attempt it would be to look at the game logs. But even then, it only shows the long for the game, not the individual receptions, so there is no way to know if for example the long was an 80 yard bomb, if the player also had a 55 yard play in the game. :whoknows:

Its an unlinkable stat. But WB will use like its the gospel, of course.

Right, ok. I didnt catch on the first time. Sometimes it takes me a whole minute to catch up. :)

I guess if you really wanted to waste some time, you could always look through gamebooks. It might be worth it to get rid of ole Westy for a week :laugh:

I have never once ignored my team's faults. I may tend to focus on the strengths, but then who doesn't? You can find plenty of threads in which I criticized the AA signing, address the lack of depth along the Skins oline, criticize not re-signing Pierce, etc. etc. etc. The fact that you or WB choose not to read those posts is not my problem. ;)

See......I'm not saying YOU! Trust me, if I was talking about YOU, I'd say JROCK SAID.....blah blah blah and blah! "Back door politics" ain't my thing, I'm more of an "In You Face" type of person. Anyways, like I said, some people ignore their faults instead of talking about them......

But if you feel I'm talking about you jrock, then you must be guilty about something.....right?

See......I'm not saying YOU! Trust me, if I was talking about YOU, I'd say JROCK SAID.....blah blah blah and blah! "Back door politics" ain't my thing, I'm more of an "In You Face" type of person. Anyways, like I said, some people ignore their faults instead of talking about them......

But if you feel I'm talking about you jrock, then you must be guilty about something.....right?

Naw...I just thought you were addressing me, seeing as how it has been me that WB is mostly clashing with...:whoknows: I don't feel guilty about anything. I'm not the one who uses false or misleading info to back up my arguments.

Naw...I just thought you were addressing me, seeing as how it has been me that WB is mostly clashing with...:whoknows: I don't feel guilty about anything. I'm not the one who uses false or misleading info to back up my arguments.

It's funny that when I said Pinkston led the NFL in 40+ yard receptions, you went to work with your mighty googling skills and posted with the smugness we have come to expect from you.

Now, you have googled but can't disprove the correct stat that Pinkston led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions so now you play the "find us the stat" game.

So now that we established he led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions, I'll say it is ridiculous at best when you say he isn't a very good deep receiver.

The only real way to do it would be to look at the play-by-play logs for every game in which the player had a 51+ yard reception listed as "the long," to ensure he also didn't have another 51 yarder or a 50 yarder...etc.

Or, you could look at total yardage. Or, you can admit you have tried your best to prove me wrong but can't and just accept the fact that he led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions in 04.

It's funny that when I said Pinkston led the NFL in 40+ yard receptions, you went to work with your mighty googling skills and posted with the smugness we have come to expect from you.

Now, you have googled but can't disprove the correct stat that Pinkston led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions so now you play the "find us the stat" game.

So now that we established he led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions, I'll say it is ridiculous at best when you say he isn't a very good deep receiver.

WB, you made the assertion. And the first time, you were wrong. Why should he have to do your grunt work? You find the stat...or quit using it.

Sheesh.

Archived