Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles release QB Mike McMahon

ratbert_rizzo

jrock, the Eagles will be 8-8 with the return of McNabb, and nothing else. We were 6-10 with the worst QB play in the city in over 10 years.*

Don't be so sure...he's going to be 30 before the season ends, and he's coming off a hernia. I'm no expert on hernias, but I would guess its easy to re-aggravate them once they're there. And before you say "but McNabb was playing full court basketball for 5 hours the other day," you don't get pummelled by 300 pound lineman playing basketball.

And before you say "But your QB is 36, how can you talk about our QB's age?" I know this...but its not the topic of discussion.

*Do you want a link on that? ;)

I don't know how you'd be able to quantify that...but seeing as how its just more hyperbole, I'll take your word for it. The QB play was pretty bad last season.

Don't be so sure...he's going to be 30 before the season ends, and he's coming off a hernia. I'm no expert on hernias, but I would guess its easy to re-aggravate them once they're there. And before you say "but McNabb was playing full court basketball for 5 hours the other day," you don't get pummelled by 300 pound lineman playing basketball.

He had surgery so it would have to be a completely new hernia pull/tear.

I'm no expert on hernias, but I would guess its easy to re-aggravate them once they're there. And before you say "but McNabb was playing full court basketball for 5 hours the other day," you don't get pummelled by 300 pound lineman playing basketball.

Just so you know, the hernia is not aggravated by getting tackled. It mostly affects you while running and cutting, but really anything where you use your core would be affected, such as throwing across your body, that kind of stuff.

As for how it heals, some people come back 100%. Matt Birk, a center, had lots of problems and many compensatory injuries. If McNabb is running on the basketball court, that is a good sign at least.

Archived