Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles release QB Mike McMahon

ratbert_rizzo

Naw...I just thought you were addressing me, seeing as how it has been me that WB is mostly clashing with...:whoknows: I don't feel guilty about anything. I'm not the one who uses false or misleading info to back up my arguments.

Yeah...you two have been going at it. For the most part I just pop up and try to difuse certain things, but as you know for the most part, I talk football with you, goal, and whomever I see talking it....but like WB, I do have my moments too! We all do and that's what makes us fans!

Anyways, enough with the chit chat.......more football! You think the whole TO thing will last the length of his contract?

WB, you made the assertion. And the first time, you were wrong. Why should he have to do your grunt work? You find the stat...or quit using it.

Sheesh.

I've seen it quoted many places before....I just had the yard marker total wrong when I first posted it.

Challenge to anyone! Find someone who had more 50+ yard receptions in 04 than Pinkston and I'm banned for a week!

Or, you could look at total yardage. Or, you can admit you have tried your best to prove me wrong but can't and just accept the fact that he led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions in 04.

Actually, I haven't tried to prove you wrong once. As tr1 said, its your stat. I'm not going to do your grunt work. You can't prove it, so stop using it. It has no validity.

It's funny that when I said Pinkston led the NFL in 40+ yard receptions, you went to work with your mighty googling skills and posted with the smugness we have come to expect from you.

Hmmm...more trash talk; why am I not surprised? And no, I never googled it. I went directly to NFL.com, no need for google. I know where to find NFL stats, WB...:rolleyes: It sounded like a fishy stat, and it was.

Now, you have googled but can't disprove the correct stat that Pinkston led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions so now you play the "find us the stat" game.

You know how its the board rules to post a link when you post a news story? So that we can see its credible, and not something that somebody just made up? Yeah...same deal here. I don't care if you find the stat or not; but until you do, its not a valid stat, end of story.

So now that we established he led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions, I'll say it is ridiculous at best when you say he isn't a very good deep receiver.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So now you've established it, huh? Wow...

I've seen it quoted many places before....I just had the yard marker total wrong when I first posted it.

Challenge to anyone! Find someone who had more 50+ yard receptions in 04 than Pinkston and I'm banned for a week!

Just because you're not able to prove your own stat does not make it valid!! :laugh: Your word carries about the weight of a fly around here...

And if you've seen it quoted many times before....why is it so hard for you to find a link? :shhh:

You know, WB, I like you. You are a die hard Eagles fan. I respect that...really, I do.

Why don't we let this one go.

I think Pinkston is a good receiver. He's was a dangerous threat, and hopefully, he'll recover to play well again. But, he wasn't the answer for you before TO...can he fill the #1 spot? I have my opinion...and you have yours.

The eagles better pray that McNabb doesn't get hurt. There is nobody to throw the ball to except Lewis and Westbrook and they are a running back and a Tight End! The same could be said for the skins', I know, but the eagles have virtually no running game. And McNabb is a big part of that as well.

Your word carries about the weight of a fly around here...

Why are you always trying to convince others to join the hate bandwagon? You do this all the time. Try to post what the conventional opinion of everyone is in order to strengthen your arguments against me. Pitiful, but it's the way you argue.

You know, WB, I like you. You are a die hard Eagles fan. I respect that...really, I do.

Why don't we let this one go.

I think Pinkston is a good receiver. He's was a dangerous threat, and hopefully, he'll recover to play well again. But, he wasn't the answer for you before TO...can he fill the #1 spot? I have my opinion...and you have yours.

I like you too, tr1. I hope now that Owens is gone, most of our ill-will can dissipate. I don't think Pinky can fill the 1 or 2 right now. All he had was speed. If he lost any of that, good luck.

Gaffney better be ready to step up.

Anyways, enough with the chit chat.......more football! You think the whole TO thing will last the length of his contract?

Wow, I got mentioned in a post, thanks. First time for everything.

To answer your question, hell no. Around the Horn had an interesting piece on TO today, in which they talked about his selfishness. Mariotti (granted is usually a troll) was talking about how TO has never had a head coach as forceful as Parcells. He wondered how TO would react the first time Parcells laid him out, and also noted he has nothing to play for since he got so much money up front. Good questions, both. I think TO will play OK, but maybe not as great as people expect in his first year, but still very very good. But after the first year, all bets are off.

Oh, and for the sake of this thread, Mike McMahon sucks, and he was the reason Philly sucked last year (WB, did I get that right :) ).

The eagles better pray that McNabb doesn't get hurt. There is nobody to throw the ball to except Lewis and Westbrook and they are a running back and a Tight End! The same could be said for the skins', I know, but the eagles have virtually no running game. And McNabb is a big part of that as well.

:doh:

Lewis won't even make the team. If you watched any of the Redskins vs Eagles games from last year, you'd know who McNabb will throw to....here's a hint....R_gg__ Br_own....care to buy a vowel or two? :D

Why are you always trying to convince others to join the hate bandwagon? You do this all the time. Try to post what the conventional opinion of everyone is in order to strengthen your arguments against me. Pitiful, but it's the way you argue.

More trash talk...why am I not surprised?

When you post unlinkable stats to bolster your argument that you originally tried to prove with incorrect stats, yeah, you lose a little face. No biggie...just provide a link and everything is all good.

:doh:

Lewis won't even make the team. If you watched any of the Redskins vs Eagles games from last year, you'd know who McNabb will throw to....here's a hint....R_gg__ Br_own....care to buy a vowel or two? :D

Raggae Brown?

Is that a new music style, and if so, how is that gonna catch balls?

I like you too, tr1. I hope now that Owens is gone, most of our ill-will can dissipate. I don't think Pinky can fill the 1 or 2 right now. All he had was speed. If he lost any of that, good luck.

Gaffney better be ready to step up.

And I hope McNabb comes back strong. I've speculated about this bad behavior, but with Owens, generally, the worst can come out of you.

And, I'd like to see WB have a great year...rushing!

If Runyan gets signed, it'll be a good thing for your team...it's too bad it had to take this long...but good if he gets signed.

And I hope Philly comes in a strong SECOND in the division, and we beat you in the playoffs...

As for TO going to the pukes, I couldn't be happier!

Though I root against the Eagles (and only since they've become a power), I hate Dallas...just hate them.

:cheers:

Wow, I got mentioned in a post, thanks. First time for everything.

To answer your question, hell no. Around the Horn had an interesting piece on TO today, in which they talked about his selfishness. Mariotti (granted is usually a troll) was talking about how TO has never had a head coach as forceful as Parcells. He wondered how TO would react the first time Parcells laid him out, and also noted he has nothing to play for since he got so much money up front. Good questions, both. I think TO will play OK, but maybe not as great as people expect in his first year, but still very very good. But after the first year, all bets are off.

Oh, and for the sake of this thread, Mike McMahon sucks, and he was the reason Philly sucked last year (WB, did I get that right :) ).

I give credit where it is due.....and to be honest, talking football with you is a pleasure. It opens my eyes to views that I would have just ignored and reminds me that football is more than blood and sweat, its about good stradegy. :cheers:

I'm leaving for the day, but if you want to have a football talk, set up a thread or send me a PM and I'll set up the thread when I can see we football heads can talk!

P.S....... From what I have heard, the Eagles plan to use the JOKER role more actively. With this probably a fact now, how do you think the Skins would defend it considering the fact that this would mean the Eagles now would be a 3-4 defense, but the problem would be who would the 4th or the 3-4 be?

Talk to you guys later! Peace out Goal!

Though I root against the Eagles (and only since they've become a power), I hate Dallas...just hate them.

:cheers:

I hate Dallas as well...but if TO behaves at least most of the season, Bleedsoe can last 12-16 games, and their defense progresses the way it should, the Turds will be a force. I see them finishing 11-5 (if everything I said happens correctly), but still getting swept again by the Skins (who will finish 11-5 as well).

Gaints 10-6, Philly 8-8.

I hate Dallas as well...but if TO behaves at least most of the season, Bleedsoe can last 12-16 games, and their defense progresses the way it should, the Turds will be a force. I see them finishing 11-5 (if everything I said happens correctly), but still getting swept again by the Skins (who will finish 11-5 as well).

Gaints 10-6, Philly 8-8.

Hey, have you seen TO behaving in the last 48 hours... :laugh:

Cowboy fans must already be wondering what the hell has happened....this is such a treat.

P.S....... From what I have heard, the Eagles plan to use the JOKER role more actively. With this probably a fact now, how do you think the Skins would defend it considering the fact that this would mean the Eagles now would be a 3-4 defense, but the problem would be who would the 4th or the 3-4 be?

Talk to you guys later! Peace out Goal!

Thank you :cheers:

Not sure I understand this part of your question, though. Are you asking who our 4th LB would be? If so, wow, right now, I don't know. I guess we could use Daniels, Griffen and Salavae, with Marshall, Washington, Carter and Clemmons as LBs. That would be my first guess, unless we pick up someone else or draft a LB high. That would actually give us quite a bit of flexibility as both Carter and Clemmons could come from the outside on a rush. Neither are outstanding in coverage (from what I know of Carter, I should say, not having seen him play an awful lot yet), but solid rushing the passer. MW and LM are very solid in coverage. Again, I am not sure I understood the question, is this what you meant?

jrock, the Eagles will be 8-8 with the return of McNabb, and nothing else. We were 6-10 with the worst QB play in the city in over 10 years.*

*Do you want a link on that? ;)

No, I aceded that to you a couple of pages ago, we're good. :laugh:

Archived