Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles release QB Mike McMahon

ratbert_rizzo

and jrock, your posting has taken a real weird turn lately man...... you seem to go WAY out of your way to always "win" a discussion..... even the little ones....

just sayin.

Actually, his posts are very informed and useful.

I'm tired of the 'hyperbole' thrown out as fact, aren't you?

I'm tired of statements of facts that no more than untruths.

Opinions are one thing...facts are another.

Thanks, jrock.

So if Brunell goes down, God forbid, you all are comfy w/ Collins? Gotcha.

Sorry, but I see that guy being like a deer in headlights if forced into any real action...

Well...if Saunders wanted him in DC that bad, I have to assume he feels he can still get the job done. He's familiar with the offense, and really wouldn't have to do much except not screw up.

and jrock, your posting has taken a real weird turn lately man...... you seem to go WAY out of your way to always "win" a discussion..... even the little ones....

just sayin.

I'm sick of certain people posting doom & gloom for the Skins when the Eagles are clearly worse off. The Skins addressed to glaring weaknesses from last season, yet they aren't as good as they were last year. People automatically assuming we're going to see the Brunell of 04, not the Brunell of 05. And on top of all that, using false stats to try and prove their contentions. Just pisses me off.

I for one am not comfortable with Collins as the #2. He may know the offense like the back of his hand but that doesn't mean he can perform against NFL defenses. Not that I absolutely trust a QB who hasn't played an NFL down in Campbell but he's gonna get to play sometime so I figure he should be the #2 this year but I suppose Gibbs knows what he is doing.

The Eagles are screwed anyway because they have no WR. Surprise surprise there, who have they had at WR who was productive there other than TO in the last decade?

Link please...I didn't see that.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_REDSKINS_COLLINS?SITE=VARIT&SECTION=SPORTS

Collins, who will receive a $450,000 signing bonus, is the sixth player acquired by the Redskins since the start of free agency. He is expected to work behind starter Mark Brunell, while second-year player Jason Campbell develops.

"They were pretty clear that he'd be second-string," said Collins' agent, Brad Blank.

Well...if Saunders wanted him in DC that bad, I have to assume he feels he can still get the job done. He's familiar with the offense, and really wouldn't have to do much except not screw up..

I love how every questionable move can be explained away by "Well, Gibbs knows more than you and if he wanted......" "Well, if Williams wants the guy...." I'll start prefacing my posts with "Well, if Jim Johnson wanted him...

I'm sick of certain people posting doom & gloom for the Skins when the Eagles are clearly worse off. The Skins addressed to glaring weaknesses from last season, yet they aren't as good as they were last year. People automatically assuming we're going to see the Brunell of 04, not the Brunell of 05. And on top of all that, using false stats to try and prove their contentions. Just pisses me off.

Yeah, Eagles are clearly worse off. That is your problem. You don't allow for opinions that you don't share. When someone posts another opinion and doesn't SAY THE OBVIOUS THAT THE SKINS ARE THE BEST, RAWWWWR!!! then they are a homer or stupid. You need to lighten up.

Thanks...hadn't seen that.

I'd be surprised if he ends up at #2, though. Things told to agents at signing can be changed through performance during pre-season.

Plus, with all due respect, Gibbs doesn't have such a spotless record as to what he says in regards to QB depth chart and then what happens. Ask Pat Ramsey.

Plus, with all due respect, Gibbs doesn't have such a spotless record as to what he says in regards to QB depth chart and then what happens. Ask Pat Ramsey.

Did Ramsey start? Yes.

Did Gibbs have no confidence in Ramsey? Yes.

But, you can never say Gibbs didn't let him start. Let's face it, though, Brunell looked better than Ramsey in the pre-season. Gibbs was being kind to start him.

Man, dude, you gotta let that one go. My God, I'm sure the stormin' Morman would never change his mind about playing time or anything. Dear Lord. Refresh my memory again, how did Brunell look for most of last year? Oh, that's right, pretty damn good. Hmm, sort of adds credence to the idea that maybe Gibbs DOES know more than anyone here on this board. So does the Walrus too, by the way.

Perhaps what he meant was, "I conceive that Collins will be number two right now, but if Campbell lights it up in TC, then things will be re-evaluated." Face it, I don't know and neither do you.

I'd be frustrated too if all of my posts were picked apart so well...

Take some of your own advice.

It doesn't matter to me. I said Pinkston led the NFL in 40+ yard receptions in 04 and found out I was wrong and he actually led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions. Did it change the point I was trying to prove? Of course not. It actually strengthened it.

The problem with a majority of posters are they are so used to criticism from the media, they get into the habit of dismissing the entire story if they can find ONE factual error in the story. Look at stories posted in the Stadium and you'll see what I mean. No one ever looks at the message or the content of the argument. jrock, when he reads my posts, immediately dismisses them and then runs to google to try to prove any portion of my post incorrect so he then doesn't have to address the real point I was contending.

Man, dude, you gotta let that one go. My God, I'm sure the stormin' Morman would never change his mind about playing time or anything. Dear Lord. Refresh my memory again, how did Brunell look for most of last year? Oh, that's right, pretty damn good. Hmm, sort of adds credence to the idea that maybe Gibbs DOES know more than anyone here on this board. So does the Walrus too, by the way.

Perhaps what he meant was, "I conceive that Collins will be number two right now, but if Campbell lights it up in TC, then things will be re-evaluated." Face it, I don't know and neither do you.

I don't know but you have to admit, I'm sure they told the guy what he wanted to hear when signing and that is subject to change. tr1 just said the same thing.

I don't know but you have to admit, I'm sure they told the guy what he wanted to hear when signing and that is subject to change. tr1 just said the same thing.

Have you ever thought they might have heard what they wanted to hear?

We haven't heard from the Redskins' about the depth chart...

I love how every questionable move can be explained away by "Well, Gibbs knows more than you and if he wanted......" "Well, if Williams wants the guy...." I'll start prefacing my posts with "Well, if Jim Johnson wanted him...

What was wrong with that argument? It was clearly a Saunders signing. And nice of you to only read the first sentnce of the post...read the rest and get back to me.

Yeah, Eagles are clearly worse off. That is your problem. You don't allow for opinions that you don't share. When someone posts another opinion and doesn't SAY THE OBVIOUS THAT THE SKINS ARE THE BEST, RAWWWWR!!! then they are a homer or stupid. You need to lighten up.

Not true at all. Read more of my non-Eagle posts and you would see that. Its from your twisted homer viewpoint that I won't allow other opinions...only because I don't agree that the Eagles are "just fine," as you like to think. I contend its actually you who is so anti-Redskins you cannot see the forest through the trees. :2cents:

I don't understand your post. I would think they told him what I just said they would tell him, that they would guess that he would be number 2. Not definitely, undeniably, unequivicably, but probably (I feel like Don King right now...). But everything is subject to change.

Are you telling me that if Andy Reid brought in Gaffney, telling him he would be the number 2 WR or at worst, a slot WR, then in training camp Pinkston absolutely blew up and looked all world (unlikely, I know, but stay with me), and that bumped Gaffney to number 4, you would be surprised? Come on. Situations change all the time. Sometimes to due to injury, performance, whatever. But things change. If a coach won't make a change based on what's best for the team, he's not a very good coach.

It doesn't matter to me. I said Pinkston led the NFL in 40+ yard receptions in 04 and found out I was wrong and he actually led the NFL in 50+ yard receptions. Did it change the point I was trying to prove? Of course not. It actually strengthened it.

A stat you still have not provided a link for. Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

The problem with a majority of posters are they are so used to criticism from the media, they get into the habit of dismissing the entire story if they can find ONE factual error in the story. Look at stories posted in the Stadium and you'll see what I mean. No one ever looks at the message or the content of the argument. jrock, when he reads my posts, immediately dismisses them and then runs to google to try to prove any portion of my post incorrect so he then doesn't have to address the real point I was contending.

When you have a history of posting false or misleading information, yeah, I will do that. I don't do that to HeHateMe, Tom [Giant's Fan], Number5 (although I have to check his addition from time to time ;)) or any of the other respected opponent posters.

When you have a history of posting false or misleading information, yeah, I will do that. I don't do that to HeHateMe, Tom [Giant's Fan], Number5 (although I have to check his addition from time to time ;)) or any of the other respected opponent posters.

Only my math bro..... :laugh:

A stat you still have not provided a link for. Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

Show me a receiver who had more than 5 50+ yard receptions in 04 and I'll leave the site for a week.

You don't like me because I don't just back down like a good respectful boy and leave it alone. You want to up the volume on the rhetoric, I'll respond in kind. I normally just post my opinion in a lowkey manner and then you'll run into a thread talking smack like "OMG, yeah, Pinkston being back will be the move that leads them to the Superbowl!!!!" You want this to be your personal playground for smack talk but when someone comes back at you in the same manner, you get upset.

I don't understand your post. I would think they told him what I just said they would tell him, that they would guess that he would be number 2. Not definitely, undeniably, unequivicably, but probably (I feel like Don King right now...). But everything is subject to change.

Are you telling me that if Andy Reid brought in Gaffney, telling him he would be the number 2 WR or at worst, a slot WR, then in training camp Pinkston absolutely blew up and looked all world (unlikely, I know, but stay with me), and that bumped Gaffney to number 4, you would be surprised? Come on. Situations change all the time. Sometimes to due to injury, performance, whatever. But things change. If a coach won't make a change based on what's best for the team, he's not a very good coach.

The Eagles have lost players in the past because Reid doesn't promise anything. We had Priest Holmes signed before he went to the Chiefs but the deal broke off because Reid wouldn't promise him the starting spot over Staley.

I know, I know, it makes me sick to this day. :(

Archived