Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jai Lewis = Next Antonio Gates

method man

I was reading reports last year about the NFL being interested in Lewis.

Did he declare for the NFL Draft? Would he be in the Supplemental Draft?

From what I saw these past two games, he looks quick, but not fast. He seems to jog a lot up and down the floor. I'd like to see what he can do at full speed. I don't think I've ever seen him really run. He does appear to have good hands.

Jaguars | Team checks out J. Lewis

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:54:14 -0800

Mike Potter, of the Herald-Sun, reports George Mason basketball C Jai Lewis said the Jacksonville Jaguars have checked him out while he has played basketball. As noted earlier, the 6-7, 275-pounder could wind up in the NFL down the road.

Browns | Team checks out J. Lewis

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:53:15 -0800

Mike Potter, of the Herald-Sun, reports George Mason basketball C Jai Lewis said the Cleveland Browns have checked him out while he has played basketball. As noted earlier, the 6-7, 275-pounder could wind up in the NFL down the road.

Bears | Team checks out J. Lewis

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:49:20 -0800

Mike Potter, of the Herald-Sun, reports George Mason basketball C Jai Lewis said the Chicago Bears have checked him out while he has played basketball. As noted earlier, the 6-7 275-pounder could wind up in the NFL down the road.

hahahha man i thought i was the only one thinking that while i saw him playing, HE IS pretty damn quick, and scary fast for his weight/height....

i think he can be a great TE in the NFL....if MASON only had a FOOTBALL team...i know he would be on it, no doubt in my mind!

AND my friend just told me that NFL SCOUTS are scouting him as we speak...hes on some scouting site or something of that nature!

Mason does have a football team...well sort of. They started a club football team, that has coaches and even scholarship players. They are hoping that in some time they can develope their football program into a winner.

I have a friend who got a scholarship from WVU who left, was out of football just going to college and then got approached by Mason. They play actual football teams from other schools. Probably DIII.

Jai Lewis like Antonio Gates? LOL

They dont even have the same physical attributes.

Jai looks more like a lineman and definitely does not have the shake and bake moves that Gates has.

Maybe more like Jai Lewis=Sellers

Jai look like he could be more of a D Lineman.

• 2 weeks later...

Jai Lewis = Wes Unseld

The guy is a huge body, with more than just 1 or 2 solid post moves. He's not just an athlete that has been succesful with basketball. The guy is really a student of the game and you can tell that by the way he plays.

Heres to hoping the Wizards pick him...:cheers:

and, oh yea, congratulations to Lewis and the Pats.

I've seen Jai Lewis play. People are impressed by his athleticism relative to other men with his size/body type. He is not an overall impressive athlete. I don't think he'd cut it in the NFL without one heck of a diet and conditioning program. Yeah, 6'7"-275, but it's the wrong kind of weight.

I think GMU's Jai Lewis with a little coaching from Gibbs & Co. could be a very good TE in the league. In the tourney, I am seeing quickness and great hands. We should be there with the Ravens and Jags scouting him.

man i was thinkin the same thing about this guy. i think he can become

a pretty good TE if he put his mind 2 it. he gots great hands, and is very

athletic.

Archived