Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jai Lewis = Next Antonio Gates

method man

hahahha man i thought i was the only one thinking that while i saw him playing, HE IS pretty damn quick, and scary fast for his weight/height....

i think he can be a great TE in the NFL....if MASON only had a FOOTBALL team...i know he would be on it, no doubt in my mind!

AND my friend just told me that NFL SCOUTS are scouting him as we speak...hes on some scouting site or something of that nature!

No, Jai Lewis won't make the NBA so he had better hope some NFL team takes a chance on him. I'm not sure anybody will draft him but you never know after Antonio Gates, but he will go to camp with somebody if he wants to and possibly make a practice squad next year. I think it would be kinda cool if he went to the Skins, hopefully he grew up a Skins fan.

Jaguars | Team checks out J. Lewis

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:54:14 -0800

Mike Potter, of the Herald-Sun, reports George Mason basketball C Jai Lewis said the Jacksonville Jaguars have checked him out while he has played basketball. As noted earlier, the 6-7, 275-pounder could wind up in the NFL down the road.

Browns | Team checks out J. Lewis

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:53:15 -0800

Mike Potter, of the Herald-Sun, reports George Mason basketball C Jai Lewis said the Cleveland Browns have checked him out while he has played basketball. As noted earlier, the 6-7, 275-pounder could wind up in the NFL down the road.

Bears | Team checks out J. Lewis

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:49:20 -0800

Mike Potter, of the Herald-Sun, reports George Mason basketball C Jai Lewis said the Chicago Bears have checked him out while he has played basketball. As noted earlier, the 6-7 275-pounder could wind up in the NFL down the road.

Bears | Team checks out J. Lewis

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:49:20 -0800

Mike Potter, of the Herald-Sun, reports George Mason basketball C Jai Lewis said the Chicago Bears have checked him out while he has played basketball. As noted earlier, the 6-7 275-pounder could wind up in the NFL down the road.

I would not put too much stock in it right now. I worked for East Tennessee State's athletic department for a few years and a few NFL teams scouted some of our basketball players to be tight ends about two or three years ago. I believe Marcus Pollard was another TE that never played college football, but played hoops instead. NFL teams actually scout college basketball players quite often because every once in a while, a player like Gates or Pollard comes along. It is just getting more publicity now because of George Mason's run in the tournament. He is a good athlete with good size and great hands, so I guess you never know.

I think GMU's Jai Lewis with a little coaching from Gibbs & Co. could be a very good TE in the league. In the tourney, I am seeing quickness and great hands. We should be there with the Ravens and Jags scouting him.

since gates made it every power forward who is not good enough for the nba is seen as the next gates...

truly, the transition is a lot harder than it would seem

Ive seen both Rjohnson and Jai in person and trust me in that johnson is in much better 'shape' then Jai, but at the same time Im 205lbs and johnson looks about 240 at best so maybe that isnt johnson actual weight, or I just need better contacts...

I still think he might have a shot in the NBA. He's a space eater. Much in the Barkley, Dantely role. Mos def needs to work on his outside game.

If I were him, I tried to see what the NBA brings, if nothing. Then the NFL.

Guest amaprius
I still think he might have a shot in the NBA. He's a space eater. Much in the Barkley, Dantely role. Mos def needs to work on his outside game.

If I were him, I tried to see what the NBA brings, if nothing. Then the NFL.

Well, at least you got the eater part correct.

Archived