Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post 2,000. Come Inside!

kevinklein

Hello folks,

As many of you probably have already deduced, this is my 2,000th post here at Extremeskins. I don't really have an expanation for why my post count shot up so quickly, other than the fact that I am severely addicted to this website.

My early stages on this board consisted mainly of me roaming around The Stadium, hoping for someone to listen to my input. Of course, with the thousands of posts there every day, I generally lost track of what I wrote, and just ended up going with the flow.

Around the time of our playoff loss (sorry for bringing it up) I finally ventured over here to see what this "Tailgate" thing was all about. I think it was the discovery of pointless, yet neverendingly addicting threads such as Word Association, and The Song Name Game that shot my post count up. I steered clear of all religion and political discussion, because I don't have a stand point on either discussions. I feel that many of the friendships/alliances on this board are founded through these undoubtedly heated discussions. Unfortunately, as I result, I have no one to call out and thank for being my friend!

Oh well, thanks to Art, anywho, for keeping me forever entertained and his enlightened that he has taken to posting in The Stadium.

Thanks to The Stadium crowd for being so loud and uncooperative that they finally got me to check out the Tailgate (though the Free Agency excitement has definitely got me back in The Stadium).

Thanks to england for keeping me company in The Name Game, Song Name Game, Band Name Game, and Word Association threads during the wee hours of the night, and thanks to Unsonny for creating the Word Association thread, and wasting hours of my life at a time.

Thanks to JRockster77 for simply being a goofball...:cheers:

Thanks to Extremeskins for finally showing me what being a true Redskins fan was all about. Watching the games and yelling at the television is one thing. Talking about it with your fellow fans... it opens up a whole new world of fandom.

Oh yes, and thanks to whoever made the Sean Taylor avatar, because it is more than badass!

Congrats KK! :cheers:

It's funny. I found myself in the Madden thinking, "I've talked to this guy a bunch of times on here, but I really know nothing about him." I was trying to come up with ratings and just drawing a blank.

I promised myself when I came to the tailgate that I wasn't going to get into the heated discussions either. I failed. But on the other hand, you're right. That's how I've formed friendships and rivalries. Hopefully you'll consider doing the same.

Anyway, don't apologize for your post count. If this place wasn't simply the greatest site on the planet, you wouldn't post here. Thanks for being a part of that!

I think what I need is a solid signature to stick in everyone's minds. Everything I've come up with so far, however, exceeds the forum size limit!

Luckily (and with a little help from JRock), I've been able to attend to it before the mods came around with their hypothetical beating sticks.

I think what I need is a solid signature to stick in everyone's minds. Everything I've come up with so far, however, exceeds the forum size limit!

Luckily (and with a little help from JRock), I've been able to attend to it before the mods came around with their hypothetical beating sticks.

i need one too.

btw, your story kinda sounds like mine. i try to avoid politics and religion debates because i don't have hard line stances.......... but jump in and enjoy the ride. :cheers:

i need one too.

btw, your story kinda sounds like mine. i try to avoid politics and religion debates because i don't have hard line stances.......... but jump in and enjoy the ride. :cheers:

Well it's not only that I don't have a stance on either...it's just that I simply don't like the discussion that evolves from it. It never seems to end well, so I think I'll just stick to the other wacky threads :).

Definately. I realized that a couple months ago too, but I guess I'd need someone else to tell me if it's working.:laugh:

Well it's not only that I don't have a stance on either...it's just that I simply don't like the discussion that evolves from it. It never seems to end well, so I think I'll just stick to the other wacky threads :).

i hear ya. i didn't mean so much to jump right in to the political/ religion debates, but just saying that a good debate will make you an es buddy or two. this site got a lot more enjoyable to me once i got more involved in the discussion threads.

I am betting that story works for a lot of us. I started looking at the stadium to get news and the perspective of others. The somewhat harsh reaction to posts that were maybe not thought out as well as they might have been (ok they sucked) led me over here to "practice". I've never been on a board before of any kind and communicating this way takes some practice for me at least. It turned into that same addiction.

Finally, I got broadband at home now, so I will strive tomorrow to cut down the work day cruising so as not to get canned. Do you think I can do it? I have good intentions, but I suspect they are futile.:doh:

Congrats KK! :cheers:

It's funny. I found myself in the Madden thinking, "I've talked to this guy a bunch of times on here, but I really know nothing about him." I was trying to come up with ratings and just drawing a blank.

I promised myself when I came to the tailgate that I wasn't going to get into the heated discussions either. I failed. But on the other hand, you're right. That's how I've formed friendships and rivalries. Hopefully you'll consider doing the same.

Anyway, don't apologize for your post count. If this place wasn't simply the greatest site on the planet, you wouldn't post here. Thanks for being a part of that!

best SIG i've seen in years!!!!!

Yeah, but I have a feeling it's going to be tough to show your face around here once the season starts. :silly:

Nah. I can take the heat. For god's sake there have been suicide watches, a thread solely dedicated to taking shots at me, and people who just downright hate me here.

I'm not afraid to show anything around here. I'll show up at an ES tailgate wearing all Eagle colors. I'm not scared of anyone here. Plus I've already made an allegiance with someone on the site. She swore to protect me. :silly:

No, it isn't. I like posting here. You guys are a joy and a pleasure to read. Some people don't like me here and it's quite evident. I'm sorry to those people. I don't mean to offend them.

I like you here! It's always nice to have someone around that is a fan of a rival, yet doesn't have to remind you every two seconds that they're a blatant homer, and would love nothing more than to see the Redskins fiery death. ie troll.

Now, Who Del, you ****...I need to go take a shower...and you've been responding to my messages to fast..and then I see that you've responded...and then I respond....so my next response will take longer, for I will be in the shower.

Ahem...:eaglesuck

Archived