Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players Ratings

dfos81

These are the players ratings off the latest Madden roster update. I didn't know how good some of our additions were until looking at Madden updates.

Thank God for the CBA

Well I even underestimated Gibbs & Snyder,

Gibbs not only has swallowed his pride and let another coach take over his play calling responsibilties, he has put together a team that will be good now and in the future. Snyder has done nothing but what Gibbs has asked and thats why the Skins will be a superbowl contender this year.

I was goin be happy w/ 1 wr and de/lb. Well, Snyder goes out and gets BRANDON "STICKY HANDS" LLOYD, DBL A(Adam Archuelta), RANDEL EL(will be used like Dante Hall in Saunders systm), and ANDRE CARTER "AC"(can play Olb and De). Now other teams & owners are wondering how does Snyder do that and stay under the cap? I mean all of the media was saying we were in "Cap Hell" well if this is cap hell, I can't wait to see another 1.

Now the rumors are spreading around Skinsville that were trading Ramsey, this yrs 2nd rd pick, and a future pick for J. ABRAHAM.

I gotta say it, Gibbs and Snyder are committed to winning!

I looked up these guys ratings on the latest Madden updates and here they are.

Randel El:

84 overall, a more athletic version of Dante Hall, him and Moss are 2 of the most agile players in the game!

and he's younger than Dante.

Brandon Lloyd:

83 Ovr, can jump w/ the best wrs and has catching abilty just as good or better than any Wr at his ripe young age of 24. If you watched his highlights, you know why his nickname is "Sticky Hands".

Adam Archuelta:

90 Ovr, in my opinion a perfect compliment to S.T., if you sort all SS in the Nfl you'll see that "Double A" is almost the same exact player as Roy Williams. Yeah he is a few yrs older than Roy but that doesn't mean a whole lot if you see how hard this guy works, you'll know why he is a great player. The best SS we've had in many, many yrs.

Andre Carter:

84 ovr, can play Olb or De. Is almost as athletic as LaVar, in my opinion they have L.A. over rated in Madden he's not that athletic anymore. Now back to A.C., he has yet to see his best yr. He's young and full of energy. He has 6' 4'' 260 pound frame that can run w/ the best Lbs. Any 49er fan will tell you this guy is good. They have him w/ higher Awr. than L.A. already. That gives me hope that he can be in the right position to make plays more often then L.A.

Christian Fauria:

86 ovr, is overlooked b/c of his age 33 but this guy can catch and he's a good blocker.

Todd Collins:

unknown ovr, I really didn't look but looks like the main reason we got him was b/c he already knows Saunders system and is going to be accelerating Gibbs and the Qb's learning curve.

John Abraham, couldn't get him like I thought. If we put Andre at DE he is just as good anyway. A.C. can play De/Olb. I can't wait to see these guys come together.

Gotta give it up to Gibbs & Snyder even if your not Skins fan!

« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2006, 1:15am by bigd81ea »

Lloyd and Randle El will be in the 85-88 range, last year Moss was an 89. Randle El will be a 99 in KO and PR. Arch will be a 90. Fauria will be from 80-85 and Carter should also be in the 85-88 range since he will be back in his natural position. Next year's Madden squad should be nasty. Hopefully they give our D as much love as our O cuz last year our D was definately underrated, imo.

Adam Archuelta:

90 Ovr, in my opinion a perfect compliment to S.T., if you sort all SS in the Nfl you'll see that "Double A" is almost the same exact player as Roy Williams. Yeah he is a few yrs older than Roy but that doesn't mean a whole lot if you see how hard this guy works, you'll know why he is a great player. The best SS we've had in many, many yrs.

:laugh:

Todd Collins:

unknown ovr, I really didn't look but looks like the main reason we got him was b/c he already knows Saunders system and is going to be accelerating Gibbs and the Qb's learning curve.

• Todd Collins is a 75 overall with the updated rosters
  • Andre Carter is an 87 overall at Linebacker with the updates. He is a 95 overall at RE with the updates b/c it's his natural position so his stats automatically go up.
  • Antwaan Randle-El is an 85 overall with the updated rosters.
  • Brandon Lloyd is an 87 overall with the updated rosters.
  • Archuleta is a 91 overall with the updated rosters.
  • Christian Fauria is an 86 overall with the updated rosters.

:notworthy Joe Gibbs did a great job! :applause:

• Todd Collins is a 75 overall with the updated rosters
  • Andre Carter is an 87 overall at Linebacker with the updates. He is a 95 overall at RE with the updates b/c it's his natural position so his stats automatically go up.
  • Antwaan Randle-El is an 85 overall with the updated rosters.
  • Brandon Lloyd is an 87 overall with the updated rosters.
  • Archuleta is a 91 overall with the updated rosters.
  • Christian Fauria is an 86 overall with the updated rosters.

:notworthy Joe Gibbs did a great job! :applause:

Carter is a 93 overall stop the bs ARE is an 84, Lloyd is an 84, Arch is a 90 only one u got right is Fauria who is in fact an 86

Its funny how the older guys just don't understand how accurate Madden is at rating players. Heck, don't you guys ever watch ESPN? they even pick some of the winners from a simulated game of Madden. I guess its a generational thing. Just wait until Ps3 comes out, you'll see coaches using this game for game planning. Armed forces also use video games for training. Its time for some of you "Old Farts" to wake up and see were the wave of the future is going and stop being so...so...so OLD! LOL :laugh:

Its funny how the older guys just don't understand how accurate Madden is at rating players. Heck, don't you guys ever watch ESPN? they even pick some of the winners from a simulated game of Madden. I guess its a generational thing. Just wait until Ps3 comes out, you'll see coaches using this game for game planning. Armed forces also use video games for training. Its time for some of you "Old Farts" to wake up and see were the wave of the future is going and stop being so...so...so OLD! LOL :laugh:

Rant on.

You should not be the one who's laughing. The ratings in Madden do not translate directly to the actual game. I'll give you a couple examples and then you'll see why it's more important to see the players play, than look up Madden ratings.

Lemar Marshall is listed as what for speed? About 77-79? Lavar Arrington is the high 80s I belive 88. Carlos Rogers is 90. So, you're telling me that Lavar at 250lbs is faster than Marshall who is about 233 and ALSO played DB in college and almost as fast as one of our starting CBs? Give me a break.

Chris Cooley is 6'3'' 262 lbs. Clinton Portis is 5'11'' and 210 lbs. Madden has Cooley's strength rating at 68, Want to take a wild guess at what it has Portis' strength rating at? Got a guess in mind? Well, it's 67. Does that sound physically possible?

If you want any more examples I'd be happen to give some more but I think that pretty much drives the nail home.

I play Madden and enjoy the game, but I do not think it should be a source for your knowledge of player abilities. If you took the time to look up some info on how EA rates the players, you'd realize it's mostly based on the public's perception of players and hype. On one of the boards they had a Q&A with one of the developers and they admitted the ratings aren't accurate and based mostly on hype. In addition, they had to give the good players in the league an edge somehow over the other player and they mostly did that by upping their speed and strength, which is the best way to translate an edge to a game. That's because things like body control, ball location, and experience can not be translated to a game. Randy Moss may be fast, but is he the fastest man in the NFL? No. But apparently he is in Madden.

Rant Off.

Hey Madden players,

Try editing Andre Carter's information, you know, where his name and number are, and go to position. Change him to a RE and his rating spikes to a 93.

I speak from personal experience when I say he is a BEAST of a pass rusher.;)

:logo:

Rant on.

You should not be the one who's laughing. The ratings in Madden do not translate directly to the actual game. I'll give you a couple examples and then you'll see why it's more important to see the players play, than look up Madden ratings.

Lemar Marshall is listed as what for speed? About 77-79? Lavar Arrington is the high 80s I belive 88. Carlos Rogers is 90. So, you're telling me that Lavar at 250lbs is faster than Marshall who is about 233 and ALSO played DB in college and almost as fast as one of our starting CBs? Give me a break.

Chris Cooley is 6'3'' 262 lbs. Clinton Portis is 5'11'' and 210 lbs. Madden has Cooley's strength rating at 68, Want to take a wild guess at what it has Portis' strength rating at? Got a guess in mind? Well, it's 67. Does that sound physically possible?

If you want any more examples I'd be happen to give some more but I think that pretty much drives the nail home.

I play Madden and enjoy the game, but I do not think it should be a source for your knowledge of player abilities. If you took the time to look up some info on how EA rates the players, you'd realize it's mostly based on the public's perception of players and hype. On one of the boards they had a Q&A with one of the developers and they admitted the ratings aren't accurate and based mostly on hype. In addition, they had to give the good players in the league an edge somehow over the other player and they mostly did that by upping their speed and strength, which is the best way to translate an edge to a game. That's because things like body control, ball location, and experience can not be translated to a game. Randy Moss may be fast, but is he the fastest man in the NFL? No. But apparently he is in Madden.

Rant Off.

Blah, Blah, Blah its not a perfect rating system. Can you tell me anything thats perfect at rating players in football? Some guys are overrated, some underrated but, its closer to anything you could tell me. :applause:

Archived