Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players Ratings

dfos81

We got 2 of the most agile players in the game, in Moss and Randel El. Madden has em both rated 98 on agility. Not every player is on the money but, its as close to the real-life counter parts as it gets. Only thing is, only Madden players know what Im talking about.

The coolest thing about the players ratings is EA updates the players ratings based of what they do during the year and the are pretty dam accurate.

Rant on.

You should not be the one who's laughing. The ratings in Madden do not translate directly to the actual game. I'll give you a couple examples and then you'll see why it's more important to see the players play, than look up Madden ratings.

Lemar Marshall is listed as what for speed? About 77-79? Lavar Arrington is the high 80s I belive 88. Carlos Rogers is 90. So, you're telling me that Lavar at 250lbs is faster than Marshall who is about 233 and ALSO played DB in college and almost as fast as one of our starting CBs? Give me a break.

Chris Cooley is 6'3'' 262 lbs. Clinton Portis is 5'11'' and 210 lbs. Madden has Cooley's strength rating at 68, Want to take a wild guess at what it has Portis' strength rating at? Got a guess in mind? Well, it's 67. Does that sound physically possible?

If you want any more examples I'd be happen to give some more but I think that pretty much drives the nail home.

I play Madden and enjoy the game, but I do not think it should be a source for your knowledge of player abilities. If you took the time to look up some info on how EA rates the players, you'd realize it's mostly based on the public's perception of players and hype. On one of the boards they had a Q&A with one of the developers and they admitted the ratings aren't accurate and based mostly on hype. In addition, they had to give the good players in the league an edge somehow over the other player and they mostly did that by upping their speed and strength, which is the best way to translate an edge to a game. That's because things like body control, ball location, and experience can not be translated to a game. Randy Moss may be fast, but is he the fastest man in the NFL? No. But apparently he is in Madden.

Rant Off.

I agree w/ what your saying about LaVar,

Andre Carter:

84 ovr, can play Olb or De. Is almost as athletic as LaVar, in my opinion they have L.A. over rated in Madden he's not that athletic anymore. Now back to A.C., he has yet to see his best yr. He's young and full of energy. He has 6' 4'' 260 pound frame that can run w/ the best Lbs. Any 49er fan will tell you this guy is good. They have him w/ higher Awr. than L.A. already. That gives me hope that he can be in the right position to make plays more often then L.A.

Just think, A.C. is already more Aware at Olb, just think what he'll be at DE.

That's it fella's CHampionships are won in the screen:doh:....

A.A. Is WAYyyyy overrated IMO......

As for Donkey Kong......My Father in law claims 63 reps of 225.....I don't put it beyond him either.....he's 5'6'-278:yikes:

63 reps? I call BS on that one.....

...but not to his face. :paranoid: :laugh:

Anyone who's played Madden this year knows how realistic the Playbooks are too. They have a ton of plays from what the teams use in real life and now Ea has the rights to interview and watch video on players and games.

Simulation games are here to stay, its not like Tecmo Bowl anymore "Old Farts". Just wait until the Ps3 comes out, its going to be that much closer to reality.

I put Andre Carter in Philip Daniels' place at RE and his ratings went down from an 84 to an 80. Then I tried changing his position from ROLB to RE but it didnt give me that option. How are you guys doing this?

Never thought Id quote myself (actually, thats a lie. I do it all the time!) but I wish someone would reply to my question! Anyone?

For linebackers, you have to have at least 3 of them to change his position to DE or DT or whatever you want. You just have to have enough depth.

And I play madden also, but I'm not sure how great the ratings are.

IE: In franchise, just draft the fastest LB and switch him to DE and he will definately be amazing. Also, Terrell Suggs is crazy at End, and so is Robert Mathis(I think he's Freeny's backup). The end position is mostly speed and maybe some other things. But if they have speed, they'll be a high rated DE.

For linebackers, you have to have at least 3 of them to change his position to DE or DT or whatever you want. You just have to have enough depth.

IE: In franchise, just draft the fastest LB and switch him to DE and he will definately be amazing. Also, Terrell Suggs is crazy at End, and so is Robert Mathis(I think he's Freeny's backup). The end position is mostly speed and maybe some other things. But if they have speed, they'll be a high rated DE.

I think I had plenty of depth when I tried it. I can put him at DE but I cant change his position to RE under his personal things, the screen where you can change uniform numbers and all. Someone said that when you change Carter from ROLB to RE his rating goes from 84 to 90+.

But as far as your speed thing goes, Im sure its true, Im not questioning that fact but Renaldo Wynn is consistantly a sack machine at LE. Its kinda funny. His ratings arent that good but he probably averages about 15-18 sacks a season for me so I obviously dont replace him. Anyway, I'll try changing Carters position again, thanks for the advice.

Oh snap, you were right. I appreciate that. I only had him and another guy at rolb, but I had three lolb's so I thought that would cover it. Awesome, that jacked him up to a 94, lets see what he does now!

I Change them to what I think they should be....

for example When LaVar was on the Skins, I lower his rating to a 91 (was OGinally an 97) and I raised Marcus Washington.....I have made all the updates my self (Randel El,Culpepper etc...)

Yea, I've got my own custom roster I use for Franchise mode(believe it or not, Campbell did very bad in my league, lol). I also have another custom roster that I can't use in Franchise mode however. He updated 99% of the rosters, and the game freezes whenever you attempt to start a Franchise with it(too many transactions I guess)

• Todd Collins is a 75 overall with the updated rosters
  • Andre Carter is an 87 overall at Linebacker with the updates. He is a 95 overall at RE with the updates b/c it's his natural position so his stats automatically go up.
  • Antwaan Randle-El is an 85 overall with the updated rosters.
  • Brandon Lloyd is an 87 overall with the updated rosters.
  • Archuleta is a 91 overall with the updated rosters.
  • Christian Fauria is an 86 overall with the updated rosters.

:notworthy Joe Gibbs did a great job! :applause:

Do we have a rating on character?

Archived