Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Brunell have time in the pocket?

RedskinsFanatic

i believe saunders offense will allow the oline to protect well enough. Saunders made the oline in kansas city look great by making Priest and Johnson into star running backs when they were seemingly no name players.

Okay, Larry Johnson was never a no name running back. Beacuse you didn't know his name doesn't not make it so. Suanders all had future Hall of Famers on that line. Our offensive line has soooooo much potential and nooooooooooo depth what so ever. If we don't fix this position we will not make it very far next year. You can blame last year's recieving corp all you want but think about Mark Brunnell's pocket presence and how he didn't step up with confidence. The only thing that is going to get this passing game to compliment our running game is some depth. You can take your Adam Archuleta's and you Antwaan Randle Els. If we don't finish this puzzle then those free agents aren't going to get their rings.

That being said. I have no doubt Gibbs and Bugel have a plan. But until they implement it I am not going to put lofty expectations on this team.

I don't understand the concern with the offensive line. I thought they played very well last season. It's one more year of continuity (at least with the starters) and you have to assume we'll be trying to add some depth.

I would say we have a top 10 offensive line in the league and that should be good enough to give Mark Brunell some time to throw the ball.

Offense will be dictating the pace of the game. Look for us to go to three and four receiver sets often.

Bring pressure if you want to.......

If we go to three wide with the smurfs you are going to see teams jam on Santanna with two and press cover El and Lloyd. If we don't leave a tight end in to block teams will bring one more than we can cover and teams like Philly will eat us with the blitz. I feel confident that Saunders can scheme around this but he better have the horses to do it. Again, depth up front. I like Fauria's blocking ability.

That is my only concern...love all the new additions, but am not sold on the O Line. Anyone else have concerns about this? Can't exactly throw down field if you're being sacked. :logo:

we have all 5 starters on the OL, why would he not have any time?

We should worry about schemes not players but I think Saunders has that worked out already. Samuels is a pro bowler, Jansen was second team All-Pro, and Randy Thomas had a pro-bowl calibre year. Dockery impressed me with his hustle and Rabach played well although his penalties were really getting on my nerves. Now that our entire line has had a chance to jell and they won't be changing any starters (barring injuries) they have an oppurtunity to improve upon last season. What we need now is a starter quality backup at guard and tackle for late in the season if (when) someone gets hurt.

What are you guys talking about???

We resign Derrick Dockery and all of our starters from last year are in place!!!

OT / Jansen OT/ Samuels

OG/ Thomas OG/ Dockery

C/ Rabach

Reserves:

Ikechuku filled in at Guard #68

Molinaro is a reserve tackle #69

and we need some help in depth...:)

Archived