Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Brunell have time in the pocket?

RedskinsFanatic

I don't understand the concern with the offensive line. I thought they played very well last season. It's one more year of continuity (at least with the starters) and you have to assume we'll be trying to add some depth.

I would say we have a top 10 offensive line in the league and that should be good enough to give Mark Brunell some time to throw the ball.

I think most of us are worried about injuries, in 2004 Jansen's Injury kept us out of the play offs, I honetly think it was that devastating and when Thomas went down the O-Line melted down in the Play-offs last season, I hope we gt some quality depth in our O-Line. BTW it was after the injury to Thomas that Brunell took the hit to his knee, that took his legs away. I hope we make it through the year with out any injuries to the Offensive Line.

Across the board our OL is very solid.

With a new group of WRs, Portis will get less attention. That means we can run more, building up the OL confidence for pass blocking. The best OLs are the ones that can run block first, wear down their opponents, then when it comes to passing they are in better shape.

Problem with our OL is depth. Now if nobody gets hurt at all it's nothing to worry about, but the odds of that happening are slim to none.

The thing is, how do you address depth? You can't go out and spend on it, because guys that cost a lot are probably just starters and you can't pay starters money to backups, and the guys that don't cost a lot probably won't help us much.

My guess is we go out and address the OL depth problem in the draft with whatever picks we have left. Just draft all linemen, and hope we can get lucky with one or two of them along with getting lucky with injuries.

I am thinkin that Gibbs will take care of that... he likes to protect his QB....

really the wide recievers that we picked up makes it a little easier to protect Brunell.. we can keep Portis and a TE or H back to help block.... and teams wont be able to stack the box either.... I think we will be alright in that aspect....i hope....

Archived