Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Redskins Sign QB Todd Collins

Monkart

I think this move, which will go under the radar due to the Culpepper trade today, may have as big an impact as any the FO has made so far this offseason. Learning an NFL offense is not an easy task by any means, and clearly Saunders' offense will have a steep learning curve. Collins is not here to challenge Brunell or Campbell, but to ease the transition and get the offense on the same page before the season starts, rather than having to go through learning pains the first 3-4 weeks of the season. I love this move.

WOW!

An intelligent first post.

Welcome aboard.

I wonder if this means that we will be more willing to settle for a low draft pick (5th) instead of holding out for a potential 4th or 3rd based on the fact that we have 4 QB's on the roster now plus we could use Ramsey's salary to offset potential FA costs (OL rumored) and Draft pool.

Dear Patrick,

Its been a great couple of years watching you play. I enjoyed your toughness, your patience, your willingness to learn, and your character. I was sorry to see you get your clocked cleaned so many times in the Spurrier era. You are still young, and I think you will have a great career when you find the team and the system that fits you best.

*** I will always remember when you came onto Extremeskins, and started posting, under your cousin account, I believe. :notworthy ***

Good luck, except when you play the skins. :cheers:

After the Skins win a bunch of Super Bowls, we won't remember Ramsey for long.

There's no need to bash the kid. He did everything asked of him and took a monster beating for the franchise in Spurrier's college offense. Whether or not you think he got a fair shake, you can't question that he's a great guy. I know I'll be a Patrick Ramsey fan no matter where he ends up.

Good luck Patrick!

Please...why do so many of you have some personal attachment to Ramsey...I'm mean Cmon already....move on.

How many times have you seen a QB given the title' QB of the future" and then he is gone 4 years later? I think some of us more than others see alot of potential in Ramsey and do not think he got a fair shake.

The other thing some of have seen is our QB's being let go to only go somewhere else and suceed because they were not given enough time to develop in the Burgandy and Gold.

I am not sure in my life time we have ever had a true franchise QB.

There's no need to bash the kid. He did everything asked of him and took a monster beating for the franchise in Spurrier's college offense. Whether or not you think he got a fair shake, you can't question that he's a great guy. I know I'll be a Patrick Ramsey fan no matter where he ends up.

Good luck Patrick!

Without a doubt, I admire the kid for his toughness and grit. It's his lack of poise and untimely errors that were really frustrating. Ramsey will go far eventually in this league.

I think this move, which will go under the radar due to the Culpepper trade today, may have as big an impact as any the FO has made so far this offseason. Learning an NFL offense is not an easy task by any means, and clearly Saunders' offense will have a steep learning curve. Collins is not here to challenge Brunell or Campbell, but to ease the transition and get the offense on the same page before the season starts, rather than having to go through learning pains the first 3-4 weeks of the season. I love this move.

It's a valid point, but couldn't we just have hired him as a QB coach? :laugh: I mean, this guy hasn't started a game in about 7 years, and has only appeared in 12 games during that time (mostly due to injury/garbage time). But, I'll just assume Saunders knew why to go after him.

It's true that Collins has not played significant minutes in a long time, but I'm thinking that the staff feels as though he won't have to play this year. It's not as though Campbell played a lot last year. Even so, if both Brunell and Campbell go down/are ineffective, I think Saunders will feel comfortable having someone who's been in the system for years taking over rather than another 3rd stringer who hasn't played a significant down.

Guest santana4prez

Another great move , Todd Collins can help teach the offense to the other Skins. I love this move , hes a great #3.:helmet:

Good luck Patrick!

Great post. I absolutely agree. :applause:

What did T.K. jokingly call him—George Ramsey? :laugh: I can see why people like Patrick; if you went to training camp you’d know how classy a guy he is, but niceness doesn’t win football games and in Gibbs I trust. :notworthy

On Collins; given his understanding of the offense and his rapport with Saunders, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the sharpest QB in training camp.

A good acquisition. Todd is a good guy and he will definitely help brunell and Campbell learn Sander's offense. I think they paid him too much though. I am really sad to see Patrick go in the next couple of days. I like him and think he has never gotten a fair chance here.

Why the hell would anyone trade for Ramsey now? It's pretty much a given that he's gone. I think we really damaged his trade value unless a deal was already completed and just needed to be made official.

I think this reaffirms the Ramsey deal to the Jets...Abraham's contract is probably the hold up...

Archived