Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Redskins Sign QB Todd Collins

Monkart

It's not a logjam when Ramsey will probably be gone by the end of the day....

He's a Tool.

Ramsey's a tool? Hey mods, I would like to call this guy a tool, but I don't want to get my account suspended. How about suspending this guy's account for calling Ramsey a tool.

Ramsey at a minimum is a question mark. We will never know what he could have been in a Redskins uniform, we will only find out his true value on another team.

Ramsey's a tool? Hey mods, I would like to call this guy a tool, but I don't want to get my account suspended. How about suspending this guy's account for calling Ramsey a tool.

Ramsey at a minimum is a question mark. We will never know what he could have been in a Redskins uniform, we will only find out his true value on another team.

I think he's talking about the reporter that said there was a logjam. NOT Ramsey.

Collins will have at least the 810K minimum for 12 years of service and 225K of signing bonus proration so he is at least a 1.035M cap hit. Not bad for a QB who has thrown 27 NFL passes in the last 8 years. Pretty high for a 3rd QB.

Collins will have at least the 810K minimum for 12 years of service and 225K of signing bonus proration so he is at least a 1.035M cap hit. Not bad for a QB who has thrown 27 NFL passes in the last 8 years. Pretty high for a 3rd QB.

Dirt cheap for a security blanket. He knows the system, he has Al Saunders' stamp of approval, he can ease the transition, mentor Campbell, and free up some of Saunders' time explaining things to the QBs since he didnt bring over anyone (well, his son I believe) from KC. 1 mill for that? Sounds like a bargain to me.

How long does anyone think it will be until we see j. campbell?

I think having a new Offense will delay his rise up the depth chart. Collins will be #2 certainly for the start of the season and most likely all of it. Next year who knows?

Let's wish for the best for Ramsey. I'd like to see him go to Miamiand do well. Not sure if I'd like a Jets trade with Ramsey and Abraham involved-Abraham seems very selfish and milks injuries. I would have thought this staff would covet someone completely different but you can't deny Abraham's talent when he wants to play.:cheers:

I wish Ramesy well. You can't question his heart or toughness. Not sure many other QBs could have absorbed that kind of beating that he took in Spurrier's offense.

It would have been interesting to see what kind of QB he would have been had he come in when Gibbs was here. But anyway the only bad thing is we're not going to get much for him. And he'll probably be a good backup for somebody. Maybe a starter one day.

Good pick for a #3 QB. He knows Al Saunders offensive system and can be a valuable teacher to Campbell and even Brunell to some extent.

You are EXACTLY right. The controversy is between Campbell and Brunell. In the seven or 8 seasons Todd played a total of 12 games for the Chiefs. That's right, out of a possible 128 games, he played in 12.

So obviously we did not get him to really get any real pt. Just to be a teacher. Gibbs must be looking at playing Campbell sometime this season. Brunell is good, be wore out by the end of the season.

Sure doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in Ramsey. Don't know why. I think if he gets in a good program, he will finally make it. He just didn't have a chance here. He was ruined by you know who, and Gibbs had a whole different idea of what kind of qb was needed here. I really thought the interest in him would have been a lot greater. I really wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Either Adam Schefter or Howard Bryant is wrong about the contract. Howard Bryant is reporting a one year contract.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148648

Someones got some 'splaining to do!

Redskins | Contract update: T. Collins

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:08:45 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports QB Todd Collins agreed to a two-year, $2.5 million contract with a signing bonus of $450,000 with the Washington Redskins.

Archived