Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius NFL Radio: (Vinny Cerrato)

kappaluvacee

Sirius NFL Radio’s “Opening Drive” program just did an interview with Vinny Cerrato. Here’s a recap:

Gill Brandt: You guys have been busy these last couple days Vinny. Talk to us about what’s going on in DC.

Vinny: I think the biggest thing for Washington was getting the new CBA done among the owners and players. Secondly, we are well prepared for Free Agency and knew what we wanted via our targeted list. We (Redskins) are relentless with our targeted guys.

Gill Brandt: I know this has been a good couple of days for you because your free agents are coming in and I know Vinny bought some of Snyder’s Six Flags Stock so Vinny is truly winning this off-season.

Vinny: Chuckle; Let me tell you guys how busy we are at Redskins Park. Saunders sat down with Randle El and began explaining the offense. Randle was very excited, so much so Randle El left saying I gotta be a part of this.

Vinny: We (Redskins) are still looking at the Defensive End position. We are hoping to hear within the next few days about that. We are just trying to get better.

Gill Brandt: What’s the bigger goal for Snyder: beating the Cowboys or winning the Superbowl? Emphatically (both)! You gotta beat the cowboys to get to Superbowl so Dan wants both, but the SB is the ultimate goal.

Gill Brandt:Are you guys Nervous about Derick Dockery being a RFA?

Vinny: We are absolutely nervous because the coaches and players like him a lot.

Gill Brandt: Vinny’s relationship with college coaches is what gives him an edge at player evaluation. Refers to the Mack Brown relationship that netted the Skins Dockery at a true draft bargain.

Vinny: Relationships and contacts are what help me most in his player personnel post.

Gill Brandt: What about Abraham?

Vinny: I’m not sure if our current draft picks will be enough to make a play for Abraham.

Gill Brandt: What about Lloyd does the staff like?

Vinny: We think Lloyd’s production on film was smooth in/out of breaks. He has double moves, large hands and the ball in the air belongs to him. Randle El and Lloyd collectively will make Santana better. Many people don’t know that he went to HS with Ladell Betts. Ladell told us he’s a good guy and that the coaches like him. Clinton Portis has contacted Lloyd twice to discuss the Redskins way of playing ball and that CP really likes him.

Gill Brandt: Will we see Randle El in the kicking game?

Vinny: Randal El is going to do Punts and kicking return. Says the Special teams just got a huge boost with him.

Interview Over!

Sirius NFL Radio’s “Opening Drive” program just did an interview with Vinny Cerrato. Here’s a recap:

Gill Brandt: You guys have been busy these last couple days Vinny. Talk to us about what’s going on in DC.

Vinny: I think the biggest thing for Washington was getting the new CBA done among the owners and players. Secondly, we are well prepared for Free Agency and knew what we wanted via our targeted list. We (Redskins) are relentless with our targeted guys.

Gill Brandt: I know this has been a good couple of days for you because your free agents are coming in and I know Vinny bought some of Snyder’s Six Flags Stock so Vinny is truly winning this off-season.

Vinny: Chuckle; Let me tell you guys how busy we are at Redskins Park. Saunders sat down with Randle El and began explaining the offense. Randle was very excited, so much so Randle El left saying I gotta be a part of this.

Vinny: We (Redskins) are still looking at the Defensive End position. We are hoping to hear within the next few days about that. We are just trying to get better.

Gill Brandt: What’s the bigger goal for Snyder: beating the Cowboys or winning the Superbowl? Emphatically (both)! You gotta beat the cowboys to get to Superbowl so Dan wants both, but the SB is the ultimate goal.

Gill Brandt:Are you guys Nervous about Derick Dockery being a RFA?

Vinny: We are absolutely nervous because the coaches and players like him a lot.

Gill Brandt: Vinny’s relationship with college coaches is what gives him an edge at player evaluation. Refers to the Mack Brown relationship that netted the Skins Dockery at a true draft bargain.

Vinny: Relationships and contacts are what help me most in his player personnel post.

Gill Brandt: What about Abraham?

Vinny: I’m not sure if our current draft picks will be enough to make a play for Abraham.

Vinny: We think Lloyd’s production on film was smooth in/out of breaks. He has double moves, large hands and the ball in the air belongs to him. Randle El and Lloyd collectively will make Santana better. Many people don’t know that he went to HS with Ladell Betts. Ladell told us he’s a good guy and that the coaches like him. Clinton Portis has contacted Lloyd twice to discuss the Redskins way of playing ball and that CP really likes him.

Gill Brandt: Will we see Randle El in the kicking game?

Vinny: Randal El is going to do Punts and kicking return. Says the Special teams just got a huge boost with him.

Interview Over!

thanks for this info, I've been listeninig to siruis NFL network, but the reception keeps going out. I am so excited . . . it is going to be a long off-season!

It's great to see guys like Portis explaining to the new guys what it means to be a Redskin. I don't think Portis called to talk about X's and O's.

Hail Skins.

To all of you nay sayers out there, those of you saying that we're just free wheeling with FAs. Look at the quotes, the players are talking to the FAs before they sing, getting to know the players already, the other Coaches are talking to these guys. This is an ultimate team effort, not just on=field but off field too.

I wonder if Vinny/FO is considering trading UP in the draft?

I would love to see us sneak into the first round somehow and grab a DE. I would like to see a young DE join the team.

I don't know, because we would have to give up earl picks next year to move up, and next year we REALLY need to concentrate on grabbing young talent.

Jimster, I love your sig. That is awesome.

why dont we sign dock to a deal??

He's a restricted free agent. We tendered him at the highest level possible, which would merit a first round draft pick if someone came in and offered him a massive contract, so that's quite a deterrent. Clearly the team wants to retain his services.

Archived