Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius NFL Radio: (Vinny Cerrato)

kappaluvacee

I think the best bit in that segment was the bit about Portis. First, to have Portis be considered as a reputable character source shows a lot about Portis' character himself. Second, the fact that the staff has Portis make those calls shows a lot about the staff, and how they rely on players' characters both before hiring the player and after hiring the player.

Hail!

Vinny: Chuckle; Let me tell you guys how busy we are at Redskins Park. Saunders sat down with Randle El and began explaining the offense. Randle was very excited, so much so Randle El left saying I gotta be a part of this.Oh yeah.

If you did not quote this I would have, so this is how we landed Randel El.. Frickin Awesome!

He's a restricted free agent. We tendered him at the highest level possible, which would merit a first round draft pick if someone came in and offered him a massive contract, so that's quite a deterrent. Clearly the team wants to retain his services.

Actually, I thought the highest level possible would be a first and a third?

Maybe I'm thinking about 1st round picks...

Jason

Thanks for that post interesting interview.. Cerrato could be playing down the Abraham situation I would love to see him as a Redskin but he's price tag may be too much do not what to see the Skins give up an arm and leg for him. When you can get some one who may be just as effective a lot cheaper..

Good interview... I think he's downplaying the Abraham thing. They wouldn't of brought him in if they couldnt' work something out as a compensation package with the Jets.

I totally agree! I think with the Jets wanting Ramsey... it's entirely possible to package something together and get Abraham in a burgundy helmet!!!

God, can you imagine our already "very solid" defense with a pass rushing end???

Abraham would make the entire D Line better!!!

Archived