Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavernous coles

Vizuahlizah

He had been more consistent than Moss prior to 2005. He's a tough SOB thats for sure. I'll never forget that hit that Ray Ray put on him across the middle. I was a fan until he came out against us. I don't recall being against the trade because I knew it was time to get rid of Coles, and Moss gave us value - how much I never dreamed.

The only thing I cared about at the time was getting Coles off the team. He didn't want to be here, so I wanted him gone.

The fact that we got Santana in exchange for him was viewed by me at the time as icing on the cake. I would have been content if we had just cut him. (Coles).

In hindsight, what a trade. I don't think ANYONE could ever have predicted the season that Moss was going to have, though.

Why were so many people skeptical about this trade, besides the stats and do you think he is faster then Moss? I do think he[coles]is tougher then Moss.

No way Coles is faster than Moss,not with the chronic toe injury that he refuses to have surgery on.

Plus,Moss' attitude is is a complete 180 from Coles. That trade last year was a win win for the Skins.

From what I saw watching Coles is that he had great hands ran good routes and was tough, but his YAC sucked. It seemed like wherever he caught the ball, that's where he was stopped. He could not run the WR screen to save his life.

Watch Moss, once he has the football, he is an awesome runner. Maybe Coles is tougher than Moss, but you don't have to be so tough if you are not getting hit.

Moss is elusive, rarely does a defender get a good clean hit on him. Coles is not elusive like that, so he took a beating.

I think we did just fine in this trade. We love Santana. The Jets were very happy toe get L.C. back. Whoops, did I type toe?

Anyway, people were complaining about the big cap hit last year. If we still had Coles going into this year, we would've had a tougher time getting under the cap. Losing him last year really helps this offseason.

my favorite memory of coles in a skins uniform was in 2004 at fedex vs the eagles.

he runs a route over the middle(shocker) and then gets jacked up by trotter once he catches it. all the eagle fans start going nuts, but then coles gets up, runs to the middle of the field ans signals first down and the stadium went nuts.

pretty sweet.

my favorite memory of coles in a skins uniform was in 2004 at fedex vs the eagles.

he runs a route over the middle(shocker) and then gets jacked up by trotter once he catches it. all the eagle fans start going nuts, but then coles gets up, runs to the middle of the field ans signals first down and the stadium went nuts.

pretty sweet.

I remember that hit, nasty!! and he got up like it never happened !!

pretty sweet.

lol mine too.. he'd go through the middle, and get wasted....yet he still is a wr that will go through the middle.. maybe thats why he's had more than his share of hindering injuries

Def not tougher than Moss. Moss will make any catch in the middle of the field, and he's laid some nice ***** blocks.

He also tackles like a beast, I remember during the 2nd Eagles game (I think) where someone picked up a fumble or an INT (which was called back), but Moss grabbed the guy that was originally covering HIM and swung him around and tossed him about 5 yards. It was sick.. also it's in one of the highlight videos in the Video forum

Archived