Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B. Lloyd offical website (Merged)

Griff

He's a cool dude, he's been on Total Acess alot. He wants to be a rapper and design clothes and all that stuff. He catches every ball that is thrown his way. He'd be a great pickup.

He catches every ball that is seemingly impossbile. Then he'll drop a little slant route. He's inconsistent.

Lloyd would be a great add but only if the price is right. I'm not crazy about parting with draft picks. We're giving up more depth at another position to get him. I still think there are better options in FA that don't require giving up anything but $.

He's a cool dude, he's been on Total Acess alot. He wants to be a rapper and design clothes and all that stuff. He catches every ball that is thrown his way. He'd be a great pickup.

I would hope that he would want to catch passes first off, and dedicate himself to doing just that.:logo:

I like B. Lloyd too. But, I decided to do some research on him. Check these stats out: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

44% Catch! That's worse than Rod Gardner. That may have just changed my mind.

That stat is typical of stats that give you a VERY misleading picture. That 44% represents the percentage of passes INTENDED for Lloyd that he caught. Most of the passes thrown TO Lloyd are not catchable. And last year he even caught about a half dozen of those uncatchable ones with unbelievable grabs. Don't get misled because of the horrible SF QB's and a meaningless number. Now, if someone took the time to measure CATCHABLE passes thrown, and passes caught, you'd have something. Then maybe you COULD compare him with Gardner. But those guys are not even in the same LEAGUE!! If we could pull off a deal for Lloyd, he will come in here and tear it up just like Moss did. We'd clearly have the best 1-2 WR punch in the NFL. No other WR out there comes close to giving us that.

That stat is typical of stats that give you a VERY misleading picture. That 44% represents the percentage of passes INTENDED for Lloyd that he caught. Most of the passes thrown TO Lloyd are not catchable. And last year he even caught about a half dozen of those uncatchable ones with unbelievable grabs. Don't get misled because of the horrible SF QB's and a meaningless number. Now, if someone took the time to measure CATCHABLE passes thrown, and passes caught, you'd have something. Then maybe you COULD compare him with Gardner. But those guys are not even in the same LEAGUE!! If we could pull off a deal for Lloyd, he will come in here and tear it up just like Moss did. We'd clearly have the best 1-2 WR punch in the NFL. No other WR out there comes close to giving us that.

Point taken. Thanks for the info. I thought it meant, Catch to Drop ratio.

This is good to know though. :cheers: Now I feel better about it.

44% Catch! That's worse than Rod Gardner. That may have just changed my mind.

The percentage is only low because of the rookie QB's that were throwing the ball were not hitting their marks. That's comparable to Santana at 63%, but he didn't just drop the other 37%, that's where Brunell couldn't make the connection. I can count Santana's drops last year on one hand. So don't be fooled by that stat.

Lloyd is the real deal!

The percentage is only low because of the rookie QB's that were throwing the ball were not hitting their marks. That's comparable to Santana at 63%, but he didn't just drop the other 37%, that's where Brunell couldn't make the connection. I can count Santana's drops last year on one hand. So don't be fooled by that stat.

Lloyd is the real deal!

In 2004, Lloyd's percentage was 48% while catching the majority of his passes from Tim Rattay, who had a 60% completion rate. In 2003, Lloyd's percentage was 47%, while catching passes from Jeff Garcia.

While rookie qb's may be to blame for 2005, that argument should not be utilized regarding Lloyd's low rates in the two previous years.

If we are going after restricted players I would love to have Kevin Curtis, he doesn't have the size but he would be a nice compliment to Santana. He had 801 yards this year and 6 TDs.
Wasn't he a third or fourth receiver on the Rams? I don't trust a guy that small to make the jump up to 2.

Archived