Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B. Lloyd offical website (Merged)

Griff

Did I just see he had a B charm on his chain? The same B that Budweiser uses as their logo. :doh: TOOL

This dude has underachieved....more into promotion than preduction.

Antonio Bryant

Brandon Lloyd

Why don't ya'll see if the Skins will pick up Tyrone Biggums.

In 2004, Lloyd's percentage was 48% while catching the majority of his passes from Tim Rattay, who had a 60% completion rate. In 2003, Lloyd's percentage was 47%, while catching passes from Jeff Garcia.

While rookie qb's may be to blame for 2005, that argument should not be utilized regarding Lloyd's low rates in the two previous years.

Thank you. An excellent point about Lloyd that I have also applied to Antonio Bryant.

Poor QB play does not explain Lloyd's extremely low catch percentages, because even the worst QBs have about 50% completions. I will admit that some of Lloyd's low percentage can be explained by his "deep threat" style of play, but you have to ask yourself how that fits with this team. Do we really need another deep threat type? No, not at all. We need a WR who can make tough catches, move the chains, and be a factor in the redzone. Lloyd is certainly not that. And yet people want to give up first round picks for him. :doh:

Brandon Lloyd might be a restricted free agent, but he would only cost a 4th round pick as that is what round he was drafted in back in 2003. anyways, there is no way the 49ers are going to let him go. they will re-sign him to at least a 6 year deal.

Brandon Lloyd might be a restricted free agent, but he would only cost a 4th round pick as that is what round he was drafted in back in 2003. anyways, there is no way the 49ers are going to let him go. they will re-sign him to at least a 6 year deal.
And Mr. Ramsey might be providing us with a 4th round pick. Hmmmm....

Correct me if I am wrong, but he signed a tender offer that would require us to give up a first-rounder. Since we don't have a first-rounder, does the CBA allow for the first round pick to be in another year? Also, does the CBA allow a team to revoke a tender offer to a player and then work out a trade with another team?

Wasn't he a third or fourth receiver on the Rams? I don't trust a guy that small to make the jump up to 2.

He was in the begining but moved up the depth chart fast, I watched almost each week, the guy can flat out play and he is 4.4 fast. I just really like the guy. Here is scout.com on him:

2004 - St. Louis:

Displays superb athletic ability, possessing the change-of-direction agility, speed, quickness and body control to be a consistent deep threat…leads by example, has “never quit” attitude, whether in games, practices or the weight room…joined the Aggies program as a walk-on three years after playing his last football game…was given a scholarship in 2002, after leading the nation in receptions per game in 2001…served on an LDS mission in 1998-99 and was redshirted in 2000, his first year at Utah State…spent the 1996-97 seasons at Snow (Ut.) Junior College…despite playing only two seasons for the Aggies, he holds the school’s career-record with 171 receptions…his 2,789 yards receiving rank second on UTSU’s all-time record list.

Maybe you need to take a look at this one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gn59E361XB4&search=alex%20smith

That was an awesome highlight reel. Gibbs can turn this man into a phenom. He is tall, would take loads of pressure off of Moss AND Cooley (who would now be going accross the middle all day and so would our other soon to be TE) and has proven hands. Smith, Rattay, and Garcia huh? You people want to judge him after a rookie, a mediocre journeyman who was in the league two years when he was throwing to lloyd, and a washed up Garcia have been throwing him the ball? Ok, wait until he has a quality QB, then have this conversation.

Please please please DON'T sign this guy..........i wouldn't give up a draft pick for him. He also reminds me of Gardner too! I'd bring him in addition to signing a better WR first but not as our main WR FA this offseason. I'd rather go after Javon Walker who was a proven #1 WR with green bay but fell out of graces after his injury. Jeff Garcia is not a washed up QB. He was a probowl QB. He hasn't put up the same numbers but Detroit offers him no protection and same with Cleveland. I won't even get started with why I want TO here but if dallas takes him then to put it nicely.......we be f'ed!

They showed like seven hightlights over and over again...lol...I watched him catch the same TD pass three different times.

Yeah...noticed that too. But the thing is, probably 5 of those catches rank as some of the best catches I've ever seen. And that was just from this year!!! My goodness, the guy is one of the most acrobatic guys I've ever seen. He's a cross between a young Cris Carter and a young Lynn Swann. I'm all for getting this guy even if it is for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

That stat is typical of stats that give you a VERY misleading picture. That 44% represents the percentage of passes INTENDED for Lloyd that he caught. Most of the passes thrown TO Lloyd are not catchable. And last year he even caught about a half dozen of those uncatchable ones with unbelievable grabs. Don't get misled because of the horrible SF QB's and a meaningless number. Now, if someone took the time to measure CATCHABLE passes thrown, and passes caught, you'd have something. Then maybe you COULD compare him with Gardner. But those guys are not even in the same LEAGUE!! If we could pull off a deal for Lloyd, he will come in here and tear it up just like Moss did. We'd clearly have the best 1-2 WR punch in the NFL. No other WR out there comes close to giving us that.

Niners fans have said hes very inconsistent but can make the highlight catch thats totally unbelievable.

Hope he is a better receiver than rapper !

:applause: Good point. I think he'll have a bigger impact here than we're expecting. He has good speed, good size, and last season I saw a few clips of him cutting down guys at the line, and still getting open for the nice pickup. I think he's a little smarter than the average receiver, and he's definitely not afraid to take a hit. I saw him a few times stretching out for a ball in a meaningless game (all of last season) knowing he was gonna get crushed when he landed. I like that in a receiver. You know what else I like in a receiver? A football in his hands as he crosses the goal line :)

Archived