Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you give a round 2 for Culpepper?

elkabong82

What is your favorite style of music?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite style of music?

• Classic Rock/Oldies Rock
    • Modern Rock/Pop
    • Metal/Hardcore
    • Hip Hop/Rap
    • Dance/Techno
    • Country/Folk
    • Classical/Instrumental
    • Jazz/Brass
    • Blues/Soul
    • Latin/Salsa
    • Reggae/Ska
    • Punk Rock/Oi
    • Other

ESPN news reported on television that the Raiders found out the Vikings were asking for a round 2 for Culpepper. the Riaaders declined on this trade.

Other then his poor performance and injury this past year, you got to wonder why the raiders would not take Culpepper. While it would make more sense for the Raiders to focus on defense for once, Culpepper has had his best years ever when throwing to Moss. not to mention he would have Porter as a target too. The raiders have an early first round pick. Unless they absolutely cannot afford Culpepper b/c of their cap problems, why wouldn't they grab him for a round 2, especially now that Collins is gone? Nobody in the media has stated cap problems as being the reason for the raiders decline. If you had an early first round pick (#7) would you give a round 2 for Culpepper if you were in charge of the Raiders, or another team?

Honestly, it'd be great to add him to the roster. He's proven to be more productive in his career then Brunell or Campbell. There's the problem though. Gibbs has already made a commitment to Brunell and Campbell. Making that kind of trade is something you do when you don't have any answers at the QB position. We already have a proven vet and a QB of the future waiting in the wings to take over. Any other situation, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Besides, Culpepper just got that massive contract a year or two ago, so trading for him wouldn't be a good idea. It'd be easier to just sign him if he's released then go through the hassel of restructuring the contract. Again, love to have Culpepper, but we're straight without him. :)

Honestly, it'd be great to add him to the roster. He's proven to be more productive in his career then Brunell or Campbell. There's the problem though. Gibbs has already made a commitment to Brunell and Campbell. Making that kind of trade is something you do when you don't have any answers at the QB position. We already have a proven vet and a QB of the future waiting in the wings to take over. Any other situation, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Besides, Culpepper just got that massive contract a year or two ago, so trading for him wouldn't be a good idea. It'd be easier to just sign him if he's released then go through the hassel of restructuring the contract. Again, love to have Culpepper, but we're straight without him. :)

Very true. I was talking about for a hypothetical team though, not the Skins. I see how that looks and i'm gonna edit it to be more specific. Thank you.

By releasing Collins, I was automatically under the assumption that the Raiders would be dealing for Culpepper.

If for some reason the Culpepper trade doesn't go through, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Raiders pick up Aaron Brooks, who will probably be released from New Orleans. He has the type of arm that can get the ball down the football field to the likes of Moss and Porter, and won't require draft compensation to attain his services.

A second rounder for Daunte is peanuts. Sure we don't know how quickly he'll recover from his injuries, but what a sick offense that could be! All those downfield weapons (don't forget Doug Gabriel) and Lamont Jordan, forget it. But Al Davis marches to his own beat, as ever.

and the raiders wonder why their team sucks so badly, yeah i'd sign him. 2 years ago he was the second best QB in the NFL but everyone seems to have forgotten already about that. He would've been MVP any other year had Manning not thrown 49 tds

Archived