Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vacation time.........need help

Pete

Hey folks, the last time I used ES as my travle planner, it went perfect.

We're thnking of going out west. I'v never seen the grand canyon, or any of the national parks out in that part of the country.

Any suggestions..........

Yosemite is truly awesome. So is the Grand Canyon. You can't go wrong with either. Both would be better.

A good summer or autumn itinerary would be 1) fly into Phoenix, 2) drive up to the Grand Canyon, 3) cross over to Vegas, 4) across Death Valley, 5) up the back side of the Sierras past Mount Whitney (tallest mountain in the lower 48), then 6) Devil's Postpile (from Close Encounters of the Third Kind) and by 7) Mono Lake, 8) cut across the pass to Yosemite Valley, then down to San Francisco to fly home. America's most spectacular sights packed into a single trip.

You couldn't do that trip in the winter cause the mountain passes are snowed in.

Pete, we're thinking about going to the Grand Canyon as well.

I've been to Colorado Springs and San Francisco. Both are great places

to visit and plenty to do.

My wife and I really liked San Francisco, because of the Napa wineries

tour. :D

Let me know if you come back to Williamsburg. Maybe Code and I will

come kidnap you. :laugh:

consider picking up one of these on ebay for $1000 and trading it for resorts all

over the world. This one will give you 4 weeks every year. For a $950 a year,

I get a week in a 2 br townhouse at a ski resort, and the same at resort in Mexoco or this May SanDiego, plus 2 more bonus weeks that I give to family.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RCI-Vacation-Village-at-Bonaventure-Weston-FL_W0QQitemZ4445586406QQcategoryZ15897QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey folks, the last time I used ES as my travle planner, it went perfect.

We're thnking of going out west. I'v never seen the grand canyon, or any of the national parks out in that part of the country.

Any suggestions..........

If you want to see the Grand Canyon the perfect way then do a rafting trip. It would be a lot of fun if you could get a lot of friends to go with you, the trip is amazing I would recommend it as a must for anyone on this board that like the outdoors.

You drink (not to much) and raft all day and then go on a bunch of hikes, then the guides will cook you 5 course dinners, and very good. You can bring kids as well.

All of these were memorable,especially for another flatlander ;)

Yellowstone NP, Grand Canyon NP, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Canyonlands NP, Grand Teton NP, Grand Staircase Escalante NM, Lake Powell Glen Canyon NM

also the Capulin volcano ,NM

Been too many years since I have been out there,maybe I'll I'll join ya :laugh:

My wife has never seen true mountains or snow.

Archived