Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[BOLD PREDICTION] LeCharles Bentley to sign with Skins!

VAsBeachBoy

Dock was tendered with a 1 yr deal, he wasn't locked up so we could be looking for a change there.

That's what everyone does with RFAs. You tender an offer before the deadline so they won't be UFAs and then you start negotiating a long term contract. It's not a one year deal so much as it's just a base to set the parameters of his restricted free agency. He'll have a deal before long.

That's what everyone does with RFAs. You tender an offer before the deadline so they won't be UFAs and then you start negotiating a long term contract. It's not a one year deal so much as it's just a base to set the parameters of his restricted free agency. He'll have a deal before long.

Not always, often you try to strike a long term deal before the tender. Yes, most likely giving him a tender means nothing (still working on a long term deal, for instance), I was just noting that it could.

Not always, often you try to strike a long term deal before the tender. Yes, most likely giving him a tender means nothing (still working on a long term deal, for instance), I was just noting that it could.

Very true. I just gather from Gibbs and Bugel's comments that they really like Dock so I don't see them getting rid of him. Then again, they really like Pierce, too, so who know? I'd be awfully surprised if Derrick wasn't our starting LG next year, though.

I understand where you are coming from in this thread, however it won't happen. Bentley is a hell of a player and when he was a rookie in New Orleans he was a mean guard.

But like several people have already said, LeCharles doesn't want to play guard. And he isn't SUCH an upgrade over Rabach to constitute forcing Rabach to move.

Not a bad thought but no way this happens because Gibbs wouldn't allow it.

Archived