Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[BOLD PREDICTION] LeCharles Bentley to sign with Skins!

VAsBeachBoy

I searched for any threads regarding lecharles bently to the skins, but I desire to make a prediction that all can see. I truly believe The Skins are aiming for LeCharles Bentley in Free Agency.

With the articles, and interviews in which our FO referred to OL as a priority it is sure that with all the cap room we have (possibly 19 mill.) and considering that we are the Redskins with Danny Boy at our side what I believe becomes a reality. Plus, a recent article in the "Around the NFL" says LeCharles Bentley may not sign with Eagles. Something tells me Danny Snyder and Gibbs may be using their ability to persuade and it's working He knows we're Super Bowl Contenders and I truly think we are in the spotlight right now with all that's going on. If I was a player I certainly would think "Man it would be nice to go get paid and play in friggin D.C.". Juts think about it we really are on our way back up and I think many many people see it. Lastly, think about something this way. Maybe we didn't resign Dockery to start, and maybe we aren't looking for OL help in terms of backups. What if we are shopping for a starter and a star because our depth problem is on it's way with Dockery. With the evidence I have peresented at hand I Predict that within so many hours we will behearing talks of exactly this.

LeCharles Bentley signs 6 year deal with Skins.

:point2sky

i'm not going to crucify you, but i don't agree with you.. we just signed rabach to starter's money just last off season, and from what i've read and seen Gibbs and Bugel were happy with his play

Except when he TACKLED the SD noseguard from behind and brought back a game winning run by CP -- AND nocked us out of FG range......all in one gloriously horrible play!! I'm not bitter, really........... :D

The only way this could even be fathomed would be if Bentley were to take Doc's spot at left guard. Bentley has played both center and guard in his career and has shown probowl caliber play at both positions.

With that being said, I'll put the over/under at 5% chance of that happening. We need quality backups, not stars, for the o line. The money spent on bentley would be better put towards someone like Witherspoon. Nice try, but I just don't see it happening.

Edit: It seems my ideas were addressed during my slow typing....

Guest amaprius

If Bentley would play G we would have a heck of an O-Line....I just dont see it....

He is a Pro Bowl C why downgrade to G?

Only if we cant trade for Ray Lewis would I go with Witherspoon or Peterson.

He's not going to play over Thomas, so then if you were going to pay him that money he would be starting over Dockery who the team seems very happy with. If you sign him then you have huge contracts at all five OLine positions. I don't think we'll do that.

The reason you didn't see any threads on this topic is because it is completely moronic. First off Bentley has said many, many times that he will not play guard. Second even with the very optimistic cap figure you supply I doubt the team will spend a ton of cash (which would be required) on Bentley when we have a solid center and many other glaring holes.

This isn't a bold prediction, it is rediculous.

I can't wait untill we look just like the CHIEFS... Ican't wait untill I'm hearing people predicting a 2,000 yard season for Portis. The defense has proved it will be okay, but imagine if we made our offense capable of Indy type performance. Who is to say when we were planning ahead for the CBA our #2 plan didn't predict the kind of cap room we now could have. Just sit back and watch cuz' IMO I hit the nail on the head.

The reason you didn't see any threads on this topic is because it is completely moronic. First off Bentley has said many, many times that he will not play guard. Second even with the very optimistic cap figure you supply I doubt the team will spend a ton of cash (which would be required) on Bentley when we have a solid center and many other glaring holes.

This isn't a bold prediction, it is rediculous.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I happen to disagree that this will happen but if it does, Rabach will become the primary backup at Guard and center, Dockery will keep his spot.

To the poster that asked if we signed Dockery, no but we gave him a restricted free agent tender that allows us the oppurtunity to match anything offered and gives us a 3rd rounder in return if we decline to match.

Edit: wow, I'm on point tonight. :doh: Nobody even asked if we resigned Dockery.

An interesting proposition. Dockery makes a great sixth man comin off the bench annd Bentley can help any team...not too likely though.

You say not too likely I say it's going to happen. But, we do agree on one thing because the facts lay on the table...

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Understand your point. However, being an ***** without going against the rules is "legal", lol. Okay, you're right. But c'mon, his statement was funny!

LeCharles? I actually think that's a possibility. I don't think there's a good chance we're going after him, but then again, I never have any idea what Gibbs and Co. are doing. They're more locked down than the Pentagon.

And by the way with my reasoning in the thread it should be obvious that Bentley will play left guard for Dockery people c'mon just read it...

Did you read my post?

I said Bentley has said MANY, MANY times that he WILL NOT play GUARD.

:doh:

I searched for any threads regarding lecharles bently to the skins, but I desire to make a prediction that all can see. I truly believe The Skins are aiming for LeCharles Bentley in Free Agency.

With the articles, and interviews in which our FO referred to OL as a priority it is sure that with all the cap room we have (possibly 19 mill.) and considering that we are the Redskins with Danny Boy at our side what I believe becomes a reality. Plus, a recent article in the "Around the NFL" says LeCharles Bentley may not sign with Eagles. Something tells me Danny Snyder and Gibbs may be using their ability to persuade and it's working He knows we're Super Bowl Contenders and I truly think we are in the spotlight right now with all that's going on. If I was a player I certainly would think "Man it would be nice to go get paid and play in friggin D.C.". Juts think about it we really are on our way back up and I think many many people see it. Lastly, think about something this way. Maybe we didn't resign Dockery to start, and maybe we aren't looking for OL help in terms of backups. What if we are shopping for a starter and a star because our depth problem is on it's way with Dockery. With the evidence I have peresented at hand I Predict that within so many hours we will behearing talks of exactly this.

LeCharles Bentley signs 6 year deal with Skins.

:point2sky

i watche bentley play since his rookie year with the saints... he is a terrfic inside player. few are better. plus he can play both center and guard equally well.. BUT

i do not think the skins are inthe mix onthis one. they like rabach and they like dockery. the o line is gaining chemistry and bently is not signing to be a reserve.

we are paying 3 tackle salaries now because thomas is pulling down that level of performance. you think we are going for 4? i know snyder will spend whatever it takes, but i think the priorities this offseason are def line,

wideout, and possibly linebacker.. put it this way, i would rather have a second defensive lineman like rocky bernard or pickett plus darren howard than adding bentley.. just my personal preference as i think there are no worng answers here-- just choices among positives.

if the choice came down to archuleta or bentley-- you bet. i would even take jurevicius rather than bruce to get a shot at bentley.. but i think it won't come to that..

And by the way with my reasoning in the thread it should be obvious that Bentley will play left guard for Dockery people c'mon just read it...

I doubt it. Buges absolutely loves Dockery. From a purely physical standpoint, Rabach is the least impressive of the group. He's a very solid lineman, and he has excellent technique but he's far from a mauler. Dockery, on the other hand, is a freakin animal. Did anyone else see him completely FLATTEN Derrick Brooks on Portis' 5 yard touchdown run early in the playoff game? That's what they like about Dock. He creamed Brooks big time.

Archived