Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I paranoid?

ChocolateCitySkin

Alright, so I've been noticing bizarre things happening to my motorcycle.

First off, my neighborhood is part nice part hood and I live next to a gas station so there is a lot of riff raff that hangs around. Anyways, my kick stand fell off of my bike a few weeks ago-- bolt came loss yada yada so I ordered another bolt. Long story short, I was replacing the bolt earlier today and I noticed random screws missing from my motorcycle. Moreover, my license plate holder fell off about a year ago mysteriously...

My essential point is I'm beginning to think that the local crack heads are trying to pop pieces off my bike or atleast take screws?? And mind you when I say crack heads I mean (my gas station sells "novelty roses") actual crack heads. Sigh... they already took my bike cover.

Whatcha think am I nuts and these pieces coincidentally are coming off?

I find it hard to believe that druggies are removing screws from your bike to sell for drugs.

I don't really know what the street price is for "hot" sheet metal screws, but . . .

I'd be a lot more inclined to believe that they're vibrating loose.

I find it hard to believe that druggies are removing screws from your bike to sell for drugs.

I don't really know what the street price is for "hot" sheet metal screws, but . . .

I'd be a lot more inclined to believe that they're vibrating loose.

Yea, but I've seen them sell some pretty bizarre stuff. (pulleys, wet newspapers, my motorcycle cover)

... its just weird because of the amount of screws that have vibrated loose. At this point its probably close to 6 in a little under a year in a half.

could be a long term "project"....one screw at a time....I would bring the bike inside.

That was my first thought. They probably don't have screwdrivers so it probably takes them like an hour for each screw. :laugh:

Rig up a couple thousand volts of electricity to the bike. You'll get your answer that way.

I guess just start checking your bike more thoroughly more often. If screws are starting to come loose of their own accord, you'll have your answer. If not, I guess just be more careful with it, knowing the type of people you're expecting to encounter.

Archived