Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

St. Louis Post Dispatch: Skins Interested in Isaac Bruce!

Ricky Ervins

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/AA8E5C3FD16BAE728625712A00218A23?OpenDocument

While the Rams had only a brief discussion Monday with Bruce's agent, Jimmy Sexton, four teams had called expressing interest in Bruce by late afternoon. Sexton declined to name those teams, but the Post-Dispatch confirmed the identity of three of the clubs: Detroit, Houston and Washington.

Color me completely unsurprised. I told you guys... we're going to get an aging superstar vet, and then we're going to get some fresh blood in the draft. The aging superstar vet will be one among Isaac Bruce, Eric Moulds, and Jimmy Smith (I think he is technically still under contract at the moment, but expected to be cut).

The reason Detriot is interested is for WR Leadership which they have none of. I would'nt want Bruce on the skins due to his age and injuries. He sat out almost 6 games last year alone due to turf toe. We can do better than Bruce.

Color me completely unsurprised. I told you guys... we're going to get an aging superstar vet, and then we're going to get some fresh blood in the draft. The aging superstar vet will be one among Isaac Bruce, Eric Moulds, and Jimmy Smith (I think he is technically still under contract at the moment, but expected to be cut).

He is far from a superstar. If he came here I would bet you dollars to donuts he spends more time on the injury list than the active roster.

He is far from a superstar. If he came here I would bet you dollars to donuts he spends more time on the injury list than the active roster.

I agree. We already have David Patten, who did exactly what you just described last season. :(

I'd be willing to bet if we sign him, practically everyone changes thier tune after Gibbs press conference announcing his signing.

Of course. The will be the same bobblehead fans that cheered when Patten was signed and started calling him General Patten, even though anyone who followed him and knew his stats was not surprised that he stank up FedEx Field before his injury.

Hopefully Gibbs wont make the same mistake twice.

Great minds think alike I guess. I've also been saying this for a while now. I do think there is a possibility that we might go after two free agents though, one old and one young. Like say Moulds and Robinson, but that just depends on what the coaching staff thinks of our options in the draft.

Of the three guys above, I'd prefer Moulds to the other two. I love Jimmy Smith, but he's just a little too old. Bruce is just not a favorite of mine. Personality issue have been a setback for him in the past, and I know he really doesn't want to leave the rams.

Archived