Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

St. Louis Post Dispatch: Skins Interested in Isaac Bruce!

Ricky Ervins

Color me completely unsurprised. I told you guys... we're going to get an aging superstar vet, and then we're going to get some fresh blood in the draft. The aging superstar vet will be one among Isaac Bruce, Eric Moulds, and Jimmy Smith (I think he is technically still under contract at the moment, but expected to be cut).

moulds or smith would be great choices.. bruce has injury concerns otherwise he would be solid as well.

I thought Patten could be reasonably effective, and still do, but I think he's better suited to the #3 role. I don't think it was a mistake to pick up Patten, just maybe a bit too much money. To be pair there is no way you can tell me the problems at #2 WR last year were all on the WR corps. Brunnell almost never looked their way for hatever reason. Patten was open a lot of the time, but it seemed Mark only threw him the ball when it was tight fit.

agree about patten. he has always been most effective as a #3... bring him back next year inthat capacity and i think everyone will be pleasantly surprised

I'm not sure I agree with this move. The Redskins need to pursue David Givens. He would be the perfect number 2 for Moss. You could slide Patten into the slot spot. If the Skins get Bruce it would be a big mistake in my opinion.

givens may not be affordable given the amount of interest in him by so many teams.. he will get #1 receiver money for #2 receiver performance.

don't get me wrong, i like him a lot but the skins won't pay him more than moss is getting and he is gonna ask for that level of salary

agree about patten. he has always been most effective as a #3... bring him back next year inthat capacity and i think everyone will be pleasantly surprised

i agree with you & feeshta, and still am a believer in patten's potential here. i'm waiintg to see how saunders addresses that matter.

for a long time i was trying to inform folks here that jurevicius would not be leaving seattle, but ironically, now with the CBA issues and what they paid for Shaun and are trying to work out with Hutch, there's somewhat more possiblity. if so, i'd love to see him here.

Gibbs loves veterans, and @ 32 Bruce still has a couple productive years in him

but I think it's the old agent trick add "and Washington", to drive up bidding

Agreed.

Saunders coached him? Could be interesting to see how this develops.

I highly doubt Detroit will take him, you can't have a team with 4 great wide receivers and no quarterbacks. Who's going to throw the ball?

Isaac Bruce

Height: 6-0

Weight: 188

Eric Moulds

Height: 6-2

Weight: 210

2005 Stats

Games played::15 11(10 started)

Receptions: 81 36

Yards:816 525

Average: 10.1 14.6

20 + yards:5 8

40 + yards: 1 2

Longest Reception:55 46

TD:4 3

Fumbles: 0 0( 1 forced )

Got the stats from Nfl.com

see two posts above your reply for the answer Monkart:D

Isaac Bruce

Height: 6-0

Weight: 188

Eric Moulds

Height: 6-2

Weight: 210

2005 Stats

Games played::15 11(10 started)

Receptions: 81 36

Yards:816 525

Average: 10.1 14.6

20 + yards:5 8

40 + yards: 1 2

Longest Reception:55 46

TD:4 3

Fumbles: 0 0( 1 forced )

Got the stats from Nfl.com

see two posts above your reply for the answer Monkart:D

Those stats are misleading. Look at the QB's throwing the ball to Bruce, then take a gander at the hall of fame talent tossing Moulds the ball. Considering the difference in talent at QB, Moulds has done alright for himself. :2cents:

Bulger was injured for a good part of the season and the bills were starting either Holcomb or J.P Losman, both teams had considerable issues with their QB situation. An arguement can be made for Moulds though that the Rams had a stronger running attack and made the opposition respect it alot more then the Bills did.

Bulger was injured for a good part of the season and the bills were starting either Holcomb or Fitzpatrick, both teams had considerable issues with their QB situation. An arguement can be made for Moulds though that the Rams had a stronger running attack and made the opposition respect it alot more then the Bills did.

Man, you are full of good points today. What did you eat for breakfast? :laugh:

Bruce also had another high class reciever in Holt taking away potential double teams, or if Holt was being double teamed then oppritunities were opne for him. The Rams in general is just a better supporting cast for Bruce, then Buffalo was for Moulds. Both are great ball players, aged alittle, but awesome WR's. never even thought about the running game though, good one. Im hoping we get either of them, leaning a little more towords Moulds.

Archived