Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

St. Louis Post Dispatch: Skins Interested in Isaac Bruce!

Ricky Ervins

If you are looking for a proven young stud for a reasonable cost, you won't find one in this year's free agent crop.

You will either get someone who is overpriced (Randle El, Givens, Jurevicius, etc.), old (Bruce, Moulds, Jurevicius, etc.), restricted (Curtis, Lloyd, etc.) or questionable (Robinson, Warrick, etc.).

This is a bad year to try to find a long term solution at #2, unless you are a big fan of one of the hidden gems.

What we need is a guy who can come in and contribute right away until we can find or develop our future #2 WR. Isaac Bruce is one of the few guys who could put up 1000+ yards for us - Eric Moulds and Jimmy Smith (if available) are the others.

Al Saunders was his recievers coach and offensive coordinator, so we know what we are getting with him. Also, the learning curve will be small.

Clearly he is too old to get a big contract, which requires a commitment of more years than he probably has in him. It goes without saying that we also don't want him if he fails his physical.

Otherwise, he buys us some time to find a guy to pair with Moss, and it gives us the freedom to take some chances with guys like Koren Robinson or a rookie without risking our season.

Otherwise, he buys us some time to find a guy to pair with Moss, and it gives us the freedom to take some chances with guys like Koren Robinson or a rookie without risking our season.

This sums up our free agency in a nutshell. And in responce to all the talk about WR it really does not matter how we do it. We just need SOMEBODY to pair up with moss. Patten is fit for a number 3 and thrash for a #4 and other than that moss keeps getting doubled. So if we want to sign him to a long term deal I am all for it. Just don't overpay for a 34 year old.

Anyone but the Skins please.

Heart murmur, age, production.

None of which is good.

Heart murmurs are actually very common. All it is is a certain sound your heart makes when pumping blood. I do agree though it wouldnt be a wise move. We need a playmaker on the other side who can go up and get the ball.

I'm not sure I agree with this move. The Redskins need to pursue David Givens. He would be the perfect number 2 for Moss. You could slide Patten into the slot spot. If the Skins get Bruce it would be a big mistake in my opinion.

You just want the eagles to grab him

Archived