Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles FO is cheap: The Final Discussion

Westbrook36

tr1, you had to force my hand. I was content in letting you spew your venom and just laughing at you from afar. But lately, I feel it is my civic duty to expose you for the blowhard that you are. Feel free to bring rational points to this discussion as to why the Eagles FO is cheap.

Eagles' spending from 2000-2004:

Year Median salary Total Payroll

2004 $ 653,900 $ 104,977,331

2003 $ 655,000 $ 77,436,900

2002 $ 762,995 $ 81,929,630

2001 $ 701,760 $ 70,893,988

2000 $ 473,200 $ 55,581,400

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...ts.aspx?team=24

Salary cap:

2006--$94,500,000

2005--$85,500,000

2004--$80,582,000

2003--$75,007,000

2002--$71,100,000

2001--$67,400,000

2000--$62,172,000

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/

http://www.vertgame.com/sal_cap.html

Eagles spending above the cap:

2005--($6.3)

2004--$24.4M

2003--$2.4M

2002--$10.1M

2001--$2.1 M

2000--($6.6M)

http://www.geocities.com/eaglescap/Storage.html

The Eagles have spent, on average, $4.35M more than the cap over the last 6 years.

tr1 told us Upshaw was talking about the Eagles when he talked about teams not spending allocated cap money. tr1, please don't talk in hyperbole or generalities.....please refute these facts and figures or kindly STFU!!!

Thanks in advance.

never good when one of your sources is geocities. also didn't you say they were not only not cheap, but they lead the league in spending? I just looked at that first link and washington spent more every year besides 2002. Hell in 2003 they were down really far on that chart (17). Keep in mind I am not saying they are cheap, but I'm not seeing top spending team in last 5 years or whatever you claimed.

This link doesn't reference 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

If you have those roster breakdowns, I would love to see them.

LoL I didn't even look at the link cause it said geocities, but your right that link doesn't even show those years, just this year.

LoL I didn't even look at the link cause it said geocities, but your right that link doesn't even show those years, just this year.

The query only shows you one year at a time. Just plug in whatever year you want to see and someone tell me my numbers are wrong.

The geocities link is from the resident Eagles cap expert. Sorta like when people use scout.com as a source for Skins cap related info.

I'm still waiting for someone to look at the data and call the Eagles FO cheap.

The geocities link is from the resident Eagles cap expert. Sorta like when people use scout.com as a source for Skins cap related info.

Let me see if I can get T.O. or Corey Simon on the line!!

They're too busy....

One is in the unemployment line and the other is in the Subway line asking for a toasted Chicken N Ranch wit pickles on the side.

They're too busy....

One is in the unemployment line and the other is in the Subway line asking for a toasted Chicken N Ranch wit pickles on the side.

Cool, I'll get Burgess then! Maybe even Irving Fryar! BTW, the only two players you have that you are "paying" are a QB who lacks leadership skills and a running back who cant stay healthy!

Now I'm through with youse guys...you're too easy! I need a challenge so I'm gonna troll the Falcons blog..at least their QB was a winner in college!

They're too busy....

Cool, I'll get Burgess then! Maybe even Irving Fryar! BTW, the only two players you have that you are "paying" are a QB who lacks leadership skills and a running back who cant stay healthy!

Now I'm through with youse guys...you're too easy! I need a challenge so I'm gonna troll the Falcons blog..at least their QB was a winner in college!

"Youse guys"....

Okay.......

1 - Irving Fryar retired only to resign with the Skins only to have his career ended by Troy Vincent of the Eagles.

2 - Yes, while Derrick Burgess was a mistake now, he was coming off of 3 straight years of injuries that limited his play on the field. He made out with a Larry Brown type payday for his performance in the playoffs.

3 - McNabb wasn't a winner in college? If I'm not mistaken, he was a winner in college, graduated from college and he also is a winner in the pros. He has more regular season, playoff, hell even pro bowl wins than Vick.

The lesson is, if your going to be an idiot, please try to be an intellegent idiot. You do yourself a disservice, especially when you use the word "youse". First off, no one uses that word, second, its not a word, third, if it was a word, you sounded very stupid using it!

"intellegent" idiot...lol...like I said, it's too easy! The proper spelling is intelligent...here endeth the lesson, I have enjoyed it.

I'm glad you did kiddo.....now if you don't mind leaving the room, the grown ups have something to talk about.

Lol..........enjoy your day fam.

The query only shows you one year at a time. Just plug in whatever year you want to see and someone tell me my numbers are wrong.

... one is actually pays money for their website and is used by ESPN, hmmm wonder which one is more credible. Cap expert or not geocities immediately disregards a site too me and almost everyone in educational fields.

they won't. you know this already wb lol. it's easier to be a follower than a leader. tr1 spouts generic half truth's and because it's in print, it's gospel. very old story around here, but still entertaining.

... considering there are alot of us who don't agree with it, I don't understand how we are all follows. You assuming we all believe it and us believing it are completely different. All I was argueing is the fact that I remember Westy saying that the Eagles were #1 over the last five years, and from those #'s it doesn't appear that way to me. Were they cheap? Doesn't appear that way either.

Anyone wonder if WB has ever heard of the fake dollars the Eagles build in to contracts to bloat the appearance of spending in one year to carry over to another? I'm pretty sure he has since he once bragged about it. :).

Anyone wonder if WB has ever heard of the fake dollars the Eagles build in to contracts to bloat the appearance of spending in one year to carry over to another? I'm pretty sure he has since he once bragged about it. :).

I believe..don't know that maybe is one of the sticking points of the new CBA?

This is how the Philly media sells to their fanbase, that they spend every dollar of their cap.

Just maybe what Upshaw is referring to.

I believe..don't know that maybe is one of the sticking points of the new CBA?

This is how the Philly media sells to their fanbase, that they spend every dollar of their cap.

Just maybe what Upshaw is referring to.

Two very good points. How bout that.

We all Know the eagles are not cheap Those Big mac and Hardees Angus burgers get pretty expensive to feed ole Andy.:silly:

The reason the Eagles are cheap is simple. They are sitting with MILLIONS of dollars available on a team needing depth that could come from actually acquiring players. That just happened ONE year ago. And, every year the Eagles fake the cap out with bogus millions in fake bonuses that carry over, making the problem even worse. The best thing ever is the Eagles didn't win the Super Bowl after Lurie was pressured to act like a real owner and be more Snyder-like a couple of years ago. He'll be gun shy from now on.

I must be missing something, because I don't know how to plug in the other years.

What would the url look like?

http://www.geocities.com/eaglescap/Storage.html

I'm not trying to be a smartass, I seriously want to see these pages for 2000-2004

WB, you make me laugh.

LTBE...perhaps you'd like to explain this to your Eagle friends.

And let me ask you, does 'spend' mean put into someone elses' hands or promise 'to be expended'?

You know the answer...be honest with your friends.

Are the Eagles the cheapest team in the NFL? No, just one of the 12 cheapest...you know, the ones that don't ACTUALLY spend allocated money, but hoard it.

By definition, having huge cap room means you haven't spent money...duh.

Why on Earth do so many Eagles players want off that team when given the chance? Answer: Eagles cap management :laugh:

You've made a dishonest argument...you should be ashamed. You're reasonably intelligent...and to lead your less intelligent friends down a slippery slope is...well...regrettable.

Archived