Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles FO is cheap: The Final Discussion

Westbrook36

Care to show me an example of where the Skins gave a player more $$, or re-did their deal, after the first year of the deal ?

And I'm not talking about asking a player to re-structure to help w/ cap relief.

I think they did it with Rock last year...he was getting more playing time, so they re-worked his contract.

I think they did it with Rock last year...he was getting more playing time, so they re-worked his contract.

Yeah, they gave him 125 percent of his 05 salary as a bonus for doing such a good job of well, actually doing what they signed him for in the first place.

Had nothing to do with wanting to carry the money over to 06. They were so intent on giving Cartwright the money that they didn't just give it to him.....they added it in his contract as a LBTE incentive.....which he never wound up getting. :(

I'm sure the Skins were pissed as it was their intention to give Cartwright that money and not carry it over to 06.

Why is it bogus? Going by the contention of you and many others on this board, using LBTE incentives is not trying as hard as you can in the current year. You couldn't have used a 1.1 million dollar player against Seattle last year?

Unlike the Eagles, the Redskins gave Rock the LTBE thinking he would EARN IT...but Betts got better, Rock got less time and didn't meet the incentives.

The Skins didn't do LTBE to save cap...that wasn't their INTENTION.

Do you get it now?

Yeah, they gave him 125 percent of his 05 salary as a bonus for doing such a good job of well, actually doing what they signed him for in the first place.

Had nothing to do with wanting to carry the money over to 06. They were so intent on giving Cartwright the money that they didn't just give it to him.....they added it in his contract as a LBTE incentive.....which he never wound up getting. :(

I'm sure the Skins were pissed as it was their intention to give Cartwright that money and not carry it over to 06.

Again, had Betts not recovered, Rock would have made more of that money...but to think the Skins did an LTBE to create cap is ridiculous.

And WB, since you called me out in the first post of this thread, how about answering my questions about LTBE?

That the Eagles use LTBE as a device to create cap is something you'll have to acknowledge some day.

No one gave him an offer....how insulting could it have been.

So now I ask you, if the Skins apply the same tender on Dockery, would it be an insult.

See, this is a fun game we continually play in here. Skins fans deride the Eagles FO for moves they make and when I ask questions about similar moves the Skins FO makes, everyone changes the subject.

Four things.

1) Westbrook is the second most valuable person on that team. Even when TO was there. The deal was for 1.43 mil. That is peanuts for the second most valuable player. Compare that number to Mcnabb and you will see the disparity.

2) The tender was a mid level I believe, so it would have been two picks, a 1st and a 3rd. No team would ever give up that much for WB.

3) If Dockery were to get 1.43 mil this year he would be ecstatic.

4) Comparing Westbrook to Dockery, while flattering to Dockery, is a joke.

Archived