Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Thursday Deadline Pushed Back

f_trizzy

that's what I was thinking, too.

I just read it somewhere today that 4 p.m. Thursday is the deadline for terminating contracts to get under the cap for Friday. You can't cut anyone after 4 p.m. but now it is 10 p.m.

I'm just guessing they did it to give themselves more time to get something done and not have these teams rip apart their rosters only to learn a last minute deal has been struck.

But if it seems the owners can get an agreement made, it's already a known fact that they would push the start of FA back a week so teams could get a grip on the Cap.

But if it seems the owners can get an agreement made, it's already a known fact that they would push the start of FA back a week so teams could get a grip on the Cap.

Its just a guess dude. All I know is that this at least shows they may have pulled their heads out of their you know what and realize they need to get something done.

Thats what I wanna know as well.
does this mean that a CBA deal coul dbe done during 9:59? And if we cut people to get under the cap and the CBA gets done.. what will we do about the players we already cut?

they said that they will allow teams an extra week to prepare and push free agency til the following friday. so dont worry.

Archived