Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Thursday Deadline Pushed Back

f_trizzy

I could be wrong, but the way ESPN made it sound was the extension wasn't so much to get a deal done, as it was to give all the teams more time to figure out who they would have to get rid of or restructure to get under the cap.

I don't think many teams really thought it would go this far so they didn't have a plan B.

I guess we'll find out in about 24 hours

Could be to give teams screwed by the special master's ruling more time to cut and slash. I don't think 6 hours would make any difference in negotiating a CBA but who knows?

They might have extended it also because there is an emergency owners meeting tomorrow morning. Maybe they want to give them more time to strike a revenue sharing deal, which could help in an agreement with upshaw and the union. just a thought.

Brunell for president 2008!:eaglesuck

I could be wrong, but the way ESPN made it sound was the extension wasn't so much to get a deal done, as it was to give all the teams more time to figure out who they would have to get rid of or restructure to get under the cap.

I don't think many teams really thought it would go this far so they didn't have a plan B.

Sorry dude, it aint going to happen. The CBA will get done. If it doesn't, Upshaw will get fired and then shot by some of the players. The best interest of his clients, the players are to have a CBA before the cuts.

The only other scenario that would make sense to the players is that if they don't get a deal done and all of the players get cut, then they do a deal so that the cap is 105 million and all of the newly released players are now looking for a big contract.

Time will tell, but I think they get it done in time.

You can rest easy Gibbs has a plan B & C :dallasuck

Archived