Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Hester: future Redskin

Drunken Master III

I think drafting Hester would be a great addition to our team. He has punt and kick return skills out of this world. He could probably play cornerback or wide receiver. He is blazingly fast. Most importantly, HE IS FROM THE U!!!!

Get over the Miami fanboy syndrome. its so last year. :laugh:

Hester is all of 5'11" 185 lbs according to his school. once he gets measured at the combine im sure he'll lose an inch or two and 10 lbs.

Besides we are going to need a safety more than a nickel CB.

Devin Hester is amazing w/ the ball in the open field, but...(you knew one was coming, right?)...he can't cover or run disciplined routes.

Love tha "U", but other than returning kicks & punts...Devin Hester will be limited at the next level. I wish he would have stayed another year. :(

I think drafting Hester would be a great addition to our team. He has punt and kick return skills out of this world. He could probably play cornerback or wide receiver. He is blazingly fast. Most importantly, HE IS FROM THE U!!!!

Oh your "blazingly fast" Hester ran a 4.45 & 4.44/40 today :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Devin Hester is amazing w/ the ball in the open field, but...(you knew one was coming, right?)...he can't cover or run disciplined routes.

Love tha "U", but other than returning kicks & punts...Devin Hester will be limited at the next level. I wish he would have stayed another year. :(

another anthony brown is what it sounds like.. he is no faster than brown and without a true position hester won't make the skins roster

Clearly, Hester showed his stuff as a return man, but please NO! That's all he can do.

Give me my man Willie Reid!! 4.34 40 at the combine and he is one hell of a WR!! Hester couldn't learn one position in college (WR or CB) whereas Willie played 2 -- WR and RB.

Bottom line:

ACC Champ. Game MVP -- Willie Reid (returned a punt for a TD not to mention the big catches)

Orange Bowl MVP -- Willie Reid (returned a punt for a TD not to mention his play at WR)

I've said this before but it bares repeating:

In all likelyhood, Hester will never amount to anything more than a return man. Even if you could guarantee me that he'd become the best return man in the league - I wouldn't use one of our first day picks on him. I would consider him on the second day though I doubt he lasts past the 4th round.

The only teams that should consider a player as limited as this one probably have at least 4 and maybe 5 first days picks to take a chance. We have 2. Pass.

if we can use a later round pick on him then sure. Though honestly i owuld prefer jeremy bloom. Late round you can take a guy like bloom and his speciual teams work alone is worth it. he'll make a hell of a lot more imapct than oh say a LB takin in the 5th round. . . just saying late rounds you draft work ethic guys that contribute on special teams with some potential for other positions. . guys like rock cartright.

and for the guys questioning bloom's dedication to football. . . stop being jealous he is GREAT at two sports and you can't warm a bench in one. He took a chance base on precident set by tim dwight and the NCAA screwed him.

A Cane fan walks into a bar right as the Canes/ Gators Peach Bowl game

is ending. As he bellies up to the bar, the bartender notices that the

Canes fan has a dog with him. The bartender says " Hey ,pal, we don't

allow dogs in here, sorry".

The patron replies " Well, he's a special dog. I've had him since he

was a puppy, and I noticed that everytime the Canes have beaten the

Gators, he barks out C-A-N-E-S. Pretty wierd, but he does it every

time. So, if you'd let us stay, I'll have him do it for you".

Now, the bartender, also a Canes fan, thought that was pretty cool ,so

he allowed the dog to stay if he barked out CANES as the fan had

declared.

The game ends, so the UM fan proceeds to step back, puts the dog on the

floor, as crowd gathers and the little guy starts howling-

" C-A-N-E-S, CANES, CANES , CANES!!"

The entire bar goes nuts, cheering and high fiving. Then, the

bartender asks, as the crowd gets quiet: "What does he do when the

Gators win?"

The Cane fans responds "Gee, I don't know about that , Mister. He'

only 18 years old."

when r ppl gonna stop talking about taking him???!!!??? we're not going to...NEVER....even a hardcore Canes fan like me can see it and realize Hester can't do anything but return punts right now........why can't some of u??? :rolleyes:

Oh your "blazingly fast" Hester ran a 4.45 & 4.44/40 today :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought I'd update it for you, so you could laugh a bit more at his "blazingly fast" speed! ;)

NCAA | Hester blazes in the 40 - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:42:44 -0800

The Associated Press reports Miami CB Devin Hester ran a stunning time of 4.27 seconds in the 40-yard dash at Miami's timing day for all 32 NFL teams Saturday, March 4. He ran a 4.41 at the Indianapolis combine last month, finishing a disappointing ninth among defensive backs. Switching from an indoor surface to an outdoor field likely helped Hester.

Archived