Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Street Fighter II

Boss_Hogg

Hey guys and gals, just bought Street Fighter Alpha for my PSP and I must say it is an awesome game. Playing it brought back memories of all the days I used to play Street Fighter II on the SNES, Genesis, and the local grease-spoon restaurant near the house I grew up in. The game is pretty much on par with the early 90's version, M. Bison still does cheap moves, you can still see up Chun-Li's dress, and all Sagat does is shoot fireballs at you.

I've learned alot about the characters by playing Street Fighter Alpha...did u all know that in the Japenese version of the game Zangief is a homosexual? And that there is an Evil-Ryu fighter? And that Balrog's original name was Mike Bison, but the creators of the game feared of a lawsuit from Mike Tyson or a bite in the ear so they changed in to Balrog.

What are some of your all's favorite characters or moments in the game?,

I usually played as Ken, Ryu, Guile and Fei-Long (just because he was the Bruce Lee look a like in the game. Every fighting game had a Bruce Lee look a like. Tekken had Law, etc.)

SF2Turbo edition is coming to the 360 Arcade very soon.

That game changed my life, and it was the start of the videogame revolution that you have today.

If it wasn't for that game, I don't think that online, nor the next gen consoles, would be what it is today.

Dhalsim? HAHA, no way dude, you're dreaming.

You would be surprised. Dhalsim had great counter skills, but the only problem is he is too weak, and limited to what he can do on the inside.

But he could disapear on either side of you, close or far. His slide took out all air attacks, and it slipped under fast fireballs, or slow ones if he was close enough to you.

You would be surprised. Dhalsim had great counter skills, but the only problem is he is too weak, and limited to what he can do on the inside.

But he could disapear on either side of you, close or far. His slide took out all air attacks, and it slipped under fast fireballs, or slow ones if he was close enough to you.

Plus if you have good timing his long kicks and punches can make it nearly impossible to approach Dhalsim for close combat. People who know how to use him dominate with him. On a side note, check out the old Kung Fu movie "Master of the Flying Guillotine". You'll see a character in that movie that is the basis for Dhalsim. I was watching it late night on Cinemax once and I was like, WTF, that's Dhalsim! Really cool movie.

I loved street fighter-- But, I really was addicted to Marvel vs. Capcom. That was like street fighter on steroids plus 40 more characters. Alas, I had to retire from playing those games because no-one could beat me. Sniff... I still think of myself as a god among men when it came to capcom games.

I switched over to samurai showdown for a while-- That was the hotness too. Never like any games that were combo based. I preferred the directional system. Hated tekken.

Plus if you have good timing his long kicks and punches can make it nearly impossible to approach Dhalsim for close combat. People who know how to use him dominate with him. On a side note, check out the old Kung Fu movie "Master of the Flying Guillotine". You'll see a character in that movie that is the basis for Dhalsim. I was watching it late night on Cinemax once and I was like, WTF, that's Dhalsim! Really cool movie.

I never seen anyone dominate with him.

Ryu and Guile were so strong in that game, too strong.

And I think they did that on purpose.

who was Fei-Long? the only time i ever played an alternate version of street fighter two was when i was too young to remember it. i only know the basic characters and the bosses.

Him, DJ, that huge indian Tomahawk(?), and Cammy, weren't on the turbo edition game.

I think they were all on SSF3.

Pretty much the same game but with new charaters.

Archived