Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason lies, leaks, fibs and fabrications????

Dead Money

Ok so we've all seen the PFT article about The Redskins "making an offer to the Ravens" for Ray Lewis and as of today they are saying that happened..."Just last week." Yeah I know I know its PFT and some of you hate PFT like I hate "entertainment news."

Anyway, I have been trying to figure out why this information has been "leaked" and by whom? I am disregarding the "PFT sucks" theory because everything NFL in the sports news is somehow leaked by someone, somewhere.

So here are a few of my theories:

1.) Ray Lewis wants out of Baltimore so he is using the Redskins as everyone esle tries to gain more interest from other teams.

2.) The Ravens are trying to get rid of Ray Lewis and have spread this rumor to receive more offers for Lewis.

3.) Lavar Arrington wants out of DC so his people spread it so that the Redskins would recieve offers for him.

4.) The skins would like to trade Arrington but haven't received any substantial offers for him so leaked this info to drum up offers.

5.) The Skins have found a way to trade Arrington and will move Marshall back to the weak side and now need a MLB.

6.) edit. (oops) thanks waterwagen

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY ANGLES THAT I'VE MISSED HERE?

What I think happened was the B-more front office called Ashuburn and said, "Hey, were thinking about trading Ray Lewis," and the Redskins front office replied "Really, we'll give you a low draft pick for him?" Herego, the skins offered a deal to the Ravens for RayRay. Nothing serious, but just a gauge of interest in the MLB.

What I think happened was the B-more front office called Ashuburn and said, "Hey, were thinking about trading Ray Lewis," and the Redskins front office replied "Really, we'll give you a low draft pick for him?" Herego, the skins offered a deal to the Ravens for RayRay. Nothing serious, but just a gauge of interest in the MLB.

Thats plausible!

How does Lavar Arrington have anything to do with this? Lavar Arrington only cares about whether or not he is going to be a Redskins next year. His people didn't drum up anything or spread any rumors. The fact is the Redskins never made any offer to Ray Lewis. Did you guys see how well Lemar Marshall played last year? Do you know how much Ray Lewis wants to get paid??? Joe Gibbs runs this team now and he doesn't act like a kid in a candy store when free agency rolls around. PFT made that crap up.

Arrington has nothing to do with all the rumors. He is sitting pretty really, cause we can't afford to cut him or trade him due to the cap hit, but I do think that Ray Lewis is trying to drum up some interest in himself. He would love to play here. Cause he knows that this is going to be a champion under GIbbs.

How does Lavar Arrington have anything to do with this? Lavar Arrington only cares about whether or not he is going to be a Redskins next year. His people didn't drum up anything or spread any rumors. The fact is the Redskins never made any offer to Ray Lewis. Did you guys see how well Lemar Marshall played last year? Do you know how much Ray Lewis wants to get paid??? Joe Gibbs runs this team now and he doesn't act like a kid in a candy store when free agency rolls around. PFT made that crap up.

The reason I bring up Arrington is because we know the coaching staff is happy with two out of our three starting caliber linebackers. However, if a new linebacker was an interest like the rumors are eluding to.... I think Arrington would be the one to be replaced if that was to happen.

Archived