Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Famous Person that ever went to your High School???

unsonny

• 3 weeks later...
The most famous person who went to the school I went to for elementary and junior high was members of the world famous boy band: MENUDO.

MENUDO? Wasn't menudo a rotating group of different guys? For example, when a menudude got too old he was replaced by a younger menudude...

I'm pretty sure this is true.

Greg Spires of the Bucs was in my graduating class (Mariner H.S, Cape Coral, FL). Apparently Earnest Graham (also of the Bucs) graduated from Mariner as well, but that was after my time.

Deion Sanders went to H.S. just a few miles from my house, at North Ft. Myers H.S. My dad coached against him in football and basketball when I was growing up, and Deion was just as much of a punk back then.

Before we moved to Florida, my dad was one of Red Jenkins' assistants at W.T. Woodson in Fairfax, and coached Tommy Amaker there, so Tommy has been a family friend since I was knee-high.

My dad also coached Andy Heck at Woodson, who went on to be a team captain at Notre Dame, played for the Seahawks for years, and of course finished his career in burgundy and gold back at home.

Robert Dean Stethem

Thomas Stone High Class of 1979.

http://www.geocities.com/americanmilitarycasualties/stethem.html

Some of you older guys and gals probably remember this incident well.

"On June 15, 1985 Hezballah Shi'ites brutally beat, tortured and then killed 23 year old Robert Dean Stethem as he was being held hostage aboard TWA 847 commercial airliner. Robert was on his way home after a tour of duty with the US Navy in the Middle East. The terrorists had hijacked the plane with 153 passengers in Athens Greece forcing the pilot to fly twice to Algiers and twice to Beirut during the 17 day siege. The hostages were released after Israel released 435 Lebanese and Palestinian prisoners."

"When the plane was at the Beirut airport in Lebanon, Petty Officer Stethem was singled out because he was in the US military. After many hours of being cruelly beaten, tortured, and finally killed by the terrorists, they threw his body from the plane in a final disgraceful, cowardly act. The wounds were so terrible that his body had to be identified by its fingerprints.

Throughout the ordeal, Robert Stethem did not yield, and instead encouraged his fellow passengers to endure by his example. He was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star for heroism and bravery. He is buried at Arlington Cemetery."

--Mark Crawford, Bryantown from "Who Was Robert Stethem"

In December 2005, just 2 months ago, his killer was released from a German prison. :doh:

Thomas Stone Class of 86 here

If anybody knows anybody famous that went to Maurice J. McDonough high school...feel free to let me know. I don't think anybody of significance went to that dump, besides me of course

I graduated from there, didn't the Good Charlotte twins graduate from there? Or was that another southern MD school. They were one or two years behind me and used to show up at the same parties.

I graduated from there, didn't the Good Charlotte twins graduate from there? Or was that another southern MD school. They were one or two years behind me and used to show up at the same parties.

Most of Good Charlotte sadly graduated from La Plata High School where I went. They were seniors when I was there. So, I didn't know them, but one of my friends sat next to one who slept in math class and cheated on another student.

Other than them, we have Daryl Thompson a pitcher in the Reds Farm system for "locally, but not really famous, famous" who was a Nat prospect (#6 or #7 on their list till he was traded). i played T-ball with him, and all the way up.

Chris Thorn. Guitarist and writer for Blind Melon

http://www.blindmelon.org/melon/christopherthorn.htm

CHRISTOPHER THORN

Birthdate: December 16, 1968

Current Band: Unknown

Past Projects: Blind Melon, Luma, Unified Theory

Other Artists

Worked With: Abandon Jalopy, Amy Correia, Gus,

Jonny Kaplan, Live, Zen Mafia

See Also:

Individual

Discography

Blind Melon Discography

Commentary:

Christopher was born in Dover, Pennsylvania. He first played in a band during his high school days. Just before he was due to start his second year of college he packed up a U-Haul, quit school and moved to Los Angeles. Before hooking up with the other members of Blind Melon Christopher was in a metal band known as "R.O.T" and a folk group "Animal Farm." It was while in Animal Farm that Christopher met Brad Smith when the bass player unsuccessfully auditioned for the group. The two kept in touch and when Shannon Hoon, Rogers Stevens and Brad decided they needed a second guitar player for their group they hooked up with Christopher.

Since the demise of Blind Melon and the remaining members decided not to continue together, Christopher has remained one of the most active. He built "Lucky dog" recording studios in the basement of his Seattle home and turned his hand to producing. He produced and played live with Gus, opening for Oasis in Seattle. He also worked with Brad on the Abandon Jalopy project. In 1998, Christopher produced a solo album by his friend Jonny Kaplan and went on tour with the band Live. Christopher made his "Live" debut at the Viper Room in Los Angeles at the end of May, the same month that he hooked up with Chris Shinn and Brad to form the group that became known as Luma and then Unified Theory.

1999 was a productive year for Christopher. He appeared on Live's album "The Distance to Here," played guitar and produced the band "Zen Mafia," discovered the folk singer Amy Correia in New York produced her debut record and helped her get signed and started playing live shows with Luma and released their debut EP.

The year 2000 saw Christopher on the road with Unified Theory (formerly Luma) promoting their debut album which was released in August. Also that year Amy Correia's debut was released.

In 2001, Brad Smith's solo record Abandon Jalopy was released which featured musical and production assistance from Christopher.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Salem High (VA Bach) for my first two years. Supposedly Timbaland went there. The Clipse went there too. And do you remember Maryland basketball player John Gilchrist? He shouldve stayed there another year, maybe he wouldve been drafted.

Then Landstown High opened up. Hampton University QB TJ Mitchell graduated from there, but like someone already said on here, remember the name Percy Harvin, University of Florida WR.

Ok, heres a quick story, Barry Manilow went to my Jr. High school, he went a long time before I did, a display case in the front hallway our school displayed his Jr high school picture and a little Bio about when he attended the school.

So my friend Randal and I hatched a plot to hold Barry for ransom, we jimmied the lock on the case as replaced Barrys picture with a ransom note and instructions to find Barry that Randal made from cutting out words from magazines. Well days,weeks, and months went by and no one noticed the ransom note or that Barry was missing. Poor Barry we had place 4 riddles/clues to his where abouts around the school for some staffer to track him down, and no one was looking for him, did no one care? Summer vacation came and went the next year started Randal and I went to the case and still no one knew Barry was gone.

Well finally half way though the next school year someone noticed he was missing, and all the riddles/clues were still in place so it took them about 2 weeks but eventually the unearthed Barry on the 50 yard line of our football field. The school had fun with it and gave reports on the announcements every morning until barry was discovered. Randal and I still laugh about it, we remeber how into it we were and how stupid we were at the same time.

Tom Wolfe, author.

Robert Pratt, former Seahawks standout lineman who once proudly boasted that he had a different colored pair of gloves for every team in the league to reduce the ref's ability to detect holding.

Oh, and the guy that wrote the screenplay for the first "Child's Play" movie.

Archived