Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Famous Person that ever went to your High School???

unsonny

Milt Thompson and Jerome Williams. - Magruder High School

I used to play rec ball with Romer, and he was decent in High School, then went to Montgomery College and took off vertically. John Thompson grabbed him at Gtown and the rest is history.

I think he got cut by the knicks this year.

Don't be hatin, but Toni Braxton :D

You're from Balmore, right? I knew a guy who broke up with her!

The most famous guy to graduate from my high school was Keith Hamilton. Remember that guy? He played for the NY football Giants for what seemed like forever. We saw him twice a year for at least a decade.

She just finished teaching last year and retired, now she does some substitute work though. So from roughly 1979 to 2005 my mom taught at W-L. I remember when they had their 50th Anniversary and tried to get a whole bunch of celebrities to come back; my mom had a hand in homecoming organization for awhile and they contacted Warren Beatty and Sandra Bullock but they never responded. Sandra Bullock's mom actually still lives somewhere real close to W-L I've heard.

What subject did she teach? And if you want to, PM me your last name... i attended W-L from 85-89, just wondering if i had her as a teacher :)

Grohl definitely went to Thomas Jefferson in Springfield - at least for a while.

It's a gifted and talented school now. His mom was my honey's English teacher.

I know he's from the area, didnt know he did go to TJ, that's pretty impressive.

I do know his mom taught at TJ though, she retired sometime, but in 99/2000, my sophomore year of high school, his mom was our english sub for over a month.

My high school, Centreville, has only been around since '89 I believe, so I guess not old enough for anyone famous. I know Donny Warren worked there until this past season when he took a job with the team.

Bethesda Chevy Chase

Tommy Davidson

Daniel Stern (City Slickers, Home Alone)

Tommy was a guest speaker at one of the graduations. His speech was about cutting class and smoking bud. :laugh:

They probably won't ask him back again. Too bad. I would've loved to have him speak at my graduation.

Patuxent High School

I was part of the first graduating class so, the pool is slim, but Terry Caulley the RB for UCONN would have to be it. Dude was leading the country in rushing in 2003 until he blew out his knee playing Miami. Now, he will probably not even make it to the NFL.

Robert Dean Stethem

Thomas Stone High Class of 1979.

http://www.geocities.com/americanmilitarycasualties/stethem.html

Some of you older guys and gals probably remember this incident well.

"On June 15, 1985 Hezballah Shi'ites brutally beat, tortured and then killed 23 year old Robert Dean Stethem as he was being held hostage aboard TWA 847 commercial airliner. Robert was on his way home after a tour of duty with the US Navy in the Middle East. The terrorists had hijacked the plane with 153 passengers in Athens Greece forcing the pilot to fly twice to Algiers and twice to Beirut during the 17 day siege. The hostages were released after Israel released 435 Lebanese and Palestinian prisoners."

"When the plane was at the Beirut airport in Lebanon, Petty Officer Stethem was singled out because he was in the US military. After many hours of being cruelly beaten, tortured, and finally killed by the terrorists, they threw his body from the plane in a final disgraceful, cowardly act. The wounds were so terrible that his body had to be identified by its fingerprints.

Throughout the ordeal, Robert Stethem did not yield, and instead encouraged his fellow passengers to endure by his example. He was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star for heroism and bravery. He is buried at Arlington Cemetery."

--Mark Crawford, Bryantown from "Who Was Robert Stethem"

In December 2005, just 2 months ago, his killer was released from a German prison. :doh:

Archived